No announcement yet.

Mass Effect universe discussion thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it bugged on her or something because it worked fine when I took it as a bonus power. The only thing is it only works on enemies who've been stripped of all defenses, which is pretty disappointing.
    I meant her cooldown passive

(ps flashbang grenades make harbinger a joke)

Miranda is good but suffers from the same sort of fragility issues as Jack and Tali I find. I'm using her more often than I did before and don't really notice the squad bonus either. I'd have ranked her higher but I find the squad mates that are most useful to me are the ones that can either tank or put out a decent amount of damage and generally survive on their own for a while without me having to constantly babysit them.

If I feel the need to pause and micromanage every second of a battle I'll play dragon age.
    other than Grunt EVERYONE suffers from being frail on insanity even freaking Shepard(nonsentinal)

I'd rather have disruptor all the time than the occasional warp some of the time though. I can see how Thane might be more useful to an adept but other than for exploding singularities, and for some reason vs Hocks gunship, I've never been especially blown away by warp as a power.
    im not dissing disuptor ammo its just Its worthless on missions with loads of armor or barriers (collector/Krogan/Vorcha heavy mission) like I said different characters for different situations

Oh I know about the incisor bug, it's not like Thane's the only one that can use it though. Zaeed and Garrus can both do it as well, and it's even nastier with disruptor or AP ammo.
    I dont like AP ammo when I find Inferno Ammo to be alot more useful it does slightly less damage but it sets people on fire and panics them (and the single char version is AoE)

I also gave Jack another try in LotSB only with my adept Shepard, and it's noticeable how much better she gets when you're actively trying to strip shields for biotic combos yourself. The Geth shotgun with the warp ammo bonus is pretty brutal to. She's still not as good an adept buddy as Liara though, now she is just ridiculous. It's like having another version of yourself with insta hit powers.
    I was very disappointed in jacks combat prowess after her cutscenes but the GPS did wonders for her and any Shottie using character(other than grunt who I prefer with the claymore(

Comment

Originally posted by kharn the betrayer View Post
      I meant her cooldown passive
      That's unfortunate. To think, shadow strike could have been even more OP than it already is.

other than Grunt EVERYONE suffers from being frail on insanity even freaking Shepard(nonsentinal)
      I can still notice a difference between say, Garrus vs Tali though. It's not as dramatic a difference as Grunt > everyone but it's still there. There's also certain characters that just seem to have less suicidal AI and just take care of themselves better, pretty much the whole reason why I ranked Samara as high as I did.

im not dissing disuptor ammo its just Its worthless on missions with loads of armor or barriers (collector/Krogan/Vorcha heavy mission) like I said different characters for different situations
      Thane would probably be a total beast on any setting that didn't automatically give some sort of boosted defense to absolutely every enemy, he'd still live in Jack's shadow though, because she's just completely L-o-L cheesy on those settings. It's like bowling, cover or no cover.

I dont like AP ammo when I find Inferno Ammo to be alot more useful it does slightly less damage but it sets people on fire and panics them (and the single char version is AoE)
      I love me some inferno ammo to, probably my favorite ammo power actually.

I was very disappointed in jacks combat prowess after her cutscenes
      Another funny one is Samara, who floats off a balcony in her cutscene, but can't jump down the other balcony you tackle Vasir over in LotSB to help you. She's also got a bonus video on the SB terminal where she stops one of those jet cars with her biotics but an "armored" husk is to much for her in game.

Then of course there's Thane, but I've given him enough **** already haven't I.

*Watches ultimate ninja master Thane stand there and eat flailing haymakers from a husk until he dies.*

but the GPS did wonders for her and any Shottie using character(other than grunt who I prefer with the claymore(
      That's the one specialty weapon I've never used on a Shepard yet, how does it stack up to the other two cause I have a really hard time choosing between the Revenant and Widow. Sure the Widow does massive single hit damage but the Revenant is all "Rrraaaagh, get some, get some" like was posted earlier.

Comment

Originally posted by Ouroboros View Post
        I think it's more a question of the cool down bonus making it possible to actually use your powers instead of just cowering waiting for the timer to reset.

It's better to be able to cast a weak version of a power a lot of times than to cast a strong version rarely. I don't know if it's mathematically better in DPS terms but it damn sure feels better to play.

I'm currently running with just maxed singularity, warp and class skill. My basic strategy is to thrown down a singularity, use the mattock to strip one guy's shields, then explode the singularity with a warp when the targeted guy gets affected by it.

I won't lie though, the Mattock is a huge boon to the Adept class, finally giving you a decent capacity to deal damage at range. I'm going to try it with warp ammo next, should be hilarious with a 100% damage boost.

The thing that really did it for me was arriving on Omega for the first time and entering the afterlife club. That's when I knew "ok this game is on a whole 'nother level". I still don't think there's been anything else I've played that's topped that for just sheer atmospheric immersion and ambiance, well aside from a few particularly pants ****ting, flirt with a heart attack, moments in an equally first time playthrough of STALKER Shadow of Chernobyl, but that's a whole different kind of "ambiance".
        The new Guns are the BOMB in ME2. The game was...lacking before them in weapons.
        My favorites are the Geth Armory Shotgun and the SINE curve firing Geth Rifle that rips through shields.

Fitting the Biotics on the team like Samara and Jack with the Geth Rifle's shield buster makes them a powerful force. They can now take down shield quickly and combination Biotic combos makes for a spectacularly fast take down.

I honestly utterly hate the soldier class I really do I find the class so freaking dull and boring to play its not even funny
        I enjoyed it.
        The full range of weapons is far better than adepts limitations but adepts biotic powers are far more flexible and non ammo dependent. I get it.

Comment

That's unfortunate. To think, shadow strike could have been even more OP than it already is.
          indeed still Kasumi is a fun character to use she has 3 very nice powers even if her passive doesnt work

Thane would probably be a total beast on any setting that didn't automatically give some sort of boosted defense to absolutely every enemy, he'd still live in Jack's shadow though, because she's just completely L-o-L cheesy on those settings. It's like bowling, cover or no cover.
          never used jack on lower difficulties outside her loyalty mission(then again i tried normal all of once before going to insanity) then again i find insanity easy enough as it it but thane is more useful than jack(on insanity) for being able to deal with barriers/armor with warp

I love me some inferno ammo to, probably my favorite ammo power actually.
          I <3 Inferno ammo it even panics enemies that have their defenses up (disruptor is a close second because it overheats enemy weapons)

Another funny one is Samara, who floats off a balcony in her cutscene, but can't jump down the other balcony you tackle Vasir over in LotSB to help you. She's also got a bonus video on the SB terminal where she stops one of those jet cars with her biotics but an "armored" husk is to much for her in game.
          Samara has reave which is a really good power though even on insanity it actually does reasonable damage to shields(even though its redded out) and how is a husk too much for her? reave makes husk swarms into joke

but still I agree in cutscenes shes like a DBZ character flying about and shooting giant energy blasts like Jack (who took out 3 freaking Ymir mechs and trashed half a station in her intro mission but cant do jack diddly squat to a bloody merc)

Then of course there's Thane, but I've given him enough **** already haven't I.

*Watches ultimate ninja master Thane stand there and eat flailing haymakers from a husk until he dies.*
          Thane really should have had something akin to Kasumi's shadow strike but in my exeriance the AI in this game for the most part is moronic *watches garrus stand out of cover infront of a ymir mech until he dies*

That's the one specialty weapon I've never used on a Shepard yet, how does it stack up to the other two cause I have a really hard time choosing between the Revenant and Widow. Sure the Widow does massive single hit damage but the Revenant is all "Rrraaaagh, get some, get some" like was posted earlier.
          the Claymore is great on Vanguard Shepard as long as you use the reload trick since it can reliably OHKO basic grunts....personally I hate using it and give use the evisirator shotgun with sniper training(to take care of enemies you cant charge)

as for Reverant vs Widow over at the bioware forums some guy did a bunch of tests (with videos and stuff ill link if you want me too) and if you have the mattock take the widow since under adrenaline rush the mattock makes the reverant its ****

Comment

I first played soldier (through ME1 & 2) and didn't have any complaints about that class, but now I'm playing ME2 with a Vanguard and that's even more fun. Was especially great for LotSB

Overlord's "Hammerhead jumping puzzles" were mentioned a few pages back. I didn't realise they were jumping puzzles: for me they were "press lots of buttons, grid your teeth, and hope you don't burn up before you get to the other side" puzzles
            "Most people who are watching TV are semi-catatonic. They're not fully alive." - U.S. District Court Judge Timothy Batten Sr.
            Ronald Greer is also a medic. Your argument is invalid.
            Originally posted by J-Whitt Remastered
            Secondly, I think that everything DigiFluid is good.
            Sandcastle Builder: The game of XKCD: Time

Comment

Originally posted by Eternal Density View Post
              Overlord's "Hammerhead jumping puzzles" were mentioned a few pages back. I didn't realise they were jumping puzzles: for me they were "press lots of buttons, grid your teeth, and hope you don't burn up before you get to the other side" puzzles
              And I'm reminded of this piece of artwork.

http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs70/i/20...ou-d2ypf00.jpg

I know, I know. Wrong DLC, but it still kind of fits, right?

Comment

Originally posted by Oranos View Post
                And I'm reminded of this piece of artwork.

http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs70/i/20...ou-d2ypf00.jpg

I know, I know. Wrong DLC, but it still kind of fits, right?
                that pic is so freaking true granted once I got the achievement for using her Liara never left the normandy except for noveria (garrus and Wrex where pretty much my ME1 party of choice)

Comment

Yeah that pic was a good one
                  "Most people who are watching TV are semi-catatonic. They're not fully alive." - U.S. District Court Judge Timothy Batten Sr.
                  Ronald Greer is also a medic. Your argument is invalid.
                  Originally posted by J-Whitt Remastered
                  Secondly, I think that everything DigiFluid is good.
                  Sandcastle Builder: The game of XKCD: Time

Comment

You people are killing me. I gave you a prime opportunity and you missed it. So I'll do it for you.

I'm Commander Shepard and this is my favorite picture on the Citadel.

Comment

heres one of the biggest reasons I hate sheploo (other than the fact hes not "mine")

Comment

heres one of the biggest reasons I hate sheploo (other than the fact hes not "mine")

Yep, the rapeface. The line that goes with it just makes it all the more horrifying.

Something about getting into Miranda's pants as I recall.

I never romanced Miranda so I never got to see if any of my Sheps would also turn into horrors from beyond the void in that scene.

Comment

the one shep I forced into michael jackson with boobs pants was a custom make so I never got to see it(well saw the scene but it wasnt as bad as sheploo)...Femshep has her own rapeface with Jacob (and rape voice)

Comment

Finally finished another playthrough, this time with all the DLCs (including the appearance pack ) installed.
                            Overlord and Lair were both great.
                            (heck, the Hammerhead was actually quite nice to use in Overlord, at least the bits where you can speed through the relatively flat, grassy areas ...but the 'cab ride' in Lair...dang. Awesome. )

Hmm...now what? Is new game plus (for ME2) w/ a character that came from ME1 relatively 'maxed out' worth it? (i.e., ME1 char did all missions, maxed level and paragon bar, then finished all missions/assignments + DLCs in ME2)

Oh well, maybe it's back to Dragon Age...
                            sigpic

Comment

I just wish they'd announce some new dlc. Things have gone all quiet on the Bioware front, hell we haven't even had any DA2 updates in a while. I'm jonesing for some Bioware love

Comment

Originally posted by gotthammer View Post
                                Finally finished another playthrough, this time with all the DLCs (including the appearance pack ) installed.
                                Overlord and Lair were both great.
                                (heck, the Hammerhead was actually quite nice to use in Overlord, at least the bits where you can speed through the relatively flat, grassy areas ...but the 'cab ride' in Lair...dang. Awesome. )

Hmm...now what? Is new game plus (for ME2) w/ a character that came from ME1 relatively 'maxed out' worth it? (i.e., ME1 char did all missions, maxed level and paragon bar, then finished all missions/assignments + DLCs in ME2)
                                Newgame+ insanity is the hardest possible version of the game since the enemies scale to your level but you don't get any of the weapon/research upgrades that you'd normally have by that point, until you collect them all over again.

Oh well, maybe it's back to Dragon Age...
                                Here's hoping that doesn't turn out half as painful for you as it did for me. I still haven't played more than an hour of DAO since LotSB came out.

Comment

Working...
                                X