No announcement yet.

Mass Effect universe discussion thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@Oranos: I can't get 'unstuck' (as far as not playing ME is concerned)!

HAVE YOU SEEN THE SALE ON STEAM?!?!?
    Sooooo many cheap games (got myself Gothic II & III, King's Bounty: Armored Princess, and Spellforce 2...plus I've been looking at 'abandonware' stuff again, like Darklands and Master of Magic )
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gotthammer View Post
      That's nice to know. I got stuck (i.e., distracted by other games ) w/ my ME1 paragon playthrough (the character I was supposed to bring over to ME2), and haven't been able to touch ME2 in months. Oh well, at least I'll have several 'new' DLCs to look forward to.

BTW, did any of you spend on that 'aesthetic' DLC (the more outfits thingy, I think)?
      One thing to bear in mind is that the dlc missions make more storyline sense if you play them in a play through before you attack the collectors, what with the illusive man sending you off on missions. I was kinda lucky actually in the middle of a play through of Mass Effect 2 when Overlord was released, as it made the most sense, neither popping up at the beginning of the game or at the very end but right slap bang in the middle. That being send it's certainly not the end of the world if you play the dlc missions after the Omega 4 mission, even if you have had angry words with the Illusive man, it's not as if he wants bad stuff rampaging around the galaxy (at least not bad stuff that he can't control ).

And I haven't bought the appearance pack, only dlc I haven't got. Seems like a waste of money to me, especially compared to the other dlc.

Comment

Originally posted by The Mighty 6 platoon View Post
        One thing to bear in mind is that the dlc missions make more storyline sense if you play them in a play through before you attack the collectors, what with the illusive man sending you off on missions
        hmm. nice point, I guess. I haven't really played through any of the DLCs, yet (haven't even downloaded the pack w/ the hover tank thingy...ye...I stopped playing that far back ).
        I'll get around to it, tho'... (then I'll get around to playing Dragon Age's 'Awakening'...gah. gaming backlog )
        sigpic

Comment

hmm. nice point, I guess. I haven't really played through any of the DLCs, yet (haven't even downloaded the pack w/ the hover tank thingy...ye...I stopped playing that far back ).
          I'll get around to it, tho'... (then I'll get around to playing Dragon Age's 'Awakening'...gah. gaming backlog )
          Now Awakening's good

Comment

Originally posted by The Mighty 6 platoon View Post
            Now Awakening's good
            i have'nt even finished dragon age, i got stuck on the end boss, might go back to it soon though

Comment

@Oranos: I can't get 'unstuck' (as far as not playing ME is concerned)!
              Crap. I'm so overloaded with my summer class for university that I forgot what I said.

HAVE YOU SEEN THE SALE ON STEAM?!?!?
              No. But that's because I don't ever use it.

Comment

Heh. I personally don't like Steam, but some of the sale prices (sometimes more than 80% off) are quite...tempting.

...and I kinda gave in.
                Tonight I've spent on 2 more games (Red Faction Guerrilla for my bro, and Tropico 3 + expansion for myself ).
                I mean, in the case of Tropico 3 + expansion: it was 14.28 USD...that's like, what? Less than half the price of a new game?
                Even Dragon Age is on sale, now.

Of course, I'm only getting games that I'd never really care for 'hardcopies' of. ('cause I tend to grab the limited/collector's ed. stuff when I can...which owes to a current 'dilemma' regarding whether or not I should pre-order the collector's edition for Starcraft 2 )

Yup. Growing gaming backlog (to add to my reading backlog *le sigh* )
                sigpic

Comment

This new Liara DLC is gonna rock.

Everyone loves her character!

Comment

Originally posted by Alan Wake View Post
                    This new Liara DLC is gonna rock.

Everyone loves her character!
                    I don't, but I'm hoping that them doing something like this paves the way for a possible future Wrex DLC.

I'll still get it though. The overlord one was really good.

Comment

Originally posted by Ouroboros View Post
                      I don't, but I'm hoping that them doing something like this paves the way for a possible future Wrex DLC.

I'll still get it though. The overlord one was really good.
                      Wouldn't that be tricky? since he might or might not be killed in games?

Comment

Who is the Krogan leader in ME2 if your Wrex is dead?
                        "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Wouldn't that be tricky? since he might or might not be killed in games?
                          On the contrary, you could market it as a way for people that did "kill" him to get him back for ME3 somehow. I know I'd certainly trade Liara, plus Kaiden and Ashley for him.

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                          Who is the Krogan leader in ME2 if your Wrex is dead?
                          Some guy you've never heard of until you meet him. He's a very traditional old school Krogan values type guy, basically exactly what they don't need in a leader right now. I don't remember his name though.

You'll get him if you start a new character in ME2. The game defaults to Wrex being dead. In general players who don't import a character get a pretty raw deal in regard to a couple of things like this to the point that people have speculated that "renegade *******" type Sheppard is actually the truer to canon Sheppard. The default choices ME2 starts new characters with would certainly seem to back that up.

Comment

On the contrary, you could market it as a way for people that did "kill" him to get him back for ME3 somehow. I know I'd certainly trade Liara, plus Kaiden and Ashley for him.

Some guy you've never heard of until you meet him. He's a very traditional old school Krogan values type guy, basically exactly what they don't need in a leader right now. I don't remember his name though.

You'll get him if you start a new character in ME2. The game defaults to Wrex being dead. In general players who don't import a character get a pretty raw deal in regard to a couple of things like this to the point that people have speculated that "renegade *******" type Sheppard is actually the truer to canon Sheppard. The default choices ME2 starts new characters with would certainly seem to back that up.
                            Honestly, I don't think that would work.

Making people replay Mass Effect 1 and Mass Effect 2 for a player that they didn't care about enough to keep him alive in the first place? All for a DLC that will only be a few hours long at best?

That won't work out that well.

I can already see the complaints rolling in.

Comment

Honestly, I don't think that would work.

Making people replay Mass Effect 1 and Mass Effect 2 for a player that they didn't care about enough to keep him alive in the first place? All for a DLC that will only be a few hours long at best?

That won't work out that well.

I can already see the complaints rolling in.
                              I think you misunderstood what I was saying. The hypothetical DLC would be the exact opposite of that. It would allow players that killed him a way to possibly get him back in their party for ME3 without having to replay 2 games to do it.

As for how they'd do it in story terms I'm not sure but they've got some pretty clever writers so I'm sure they could come up with something decent.

All in all though I probably wouldn't actually want it to happen that way personally. I think they could do it and it probably would be a draw to some people but I do like the sense that you decisions matter in the series and undoing a big one like that flies against that ideal.

Of course most people do just reload from last save until they get perfect outcomes anyway. I don't think there'll be many people rolling into 3 with the majority of their party dead.

Comment

I think you misunderstood what I was saying. The hypothetical DLC would be the exact opposite of that. It would allow players that killed him a way to possibly get him back in their party for ME3 without having to replay 2 games to do it.

As for how they'd do it in story terms I'm not sure but they've got some pretty clever writers so I'm sure they could come up with something decent.

All in all though I probably wouldn't actually want it to happen that way personally. I think they could do it and it probably would be a draw to some people but I do like the sense that you decisions matter in the series and undoing a big one like that flies against that ideal.

Of course most people do just reload from last save until they get perfect outcomes anyway. I don't think there'll be many people rolling into 3 with the majority of their party dead.
                                Okay! now I understand.

That would be strange... but heck, they brought Sheppard back from the dead.

Comment

Working...
                                X