Mass Effect universe discussion thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Xarn View Post
    Since this thread seems to be about the games as well, anyone knows whether there is any way to make ME2 more challenging than insanity? I was recently thinking about another playthrough, but it is rather easy for my liking.
    Use a save editor to hack in Kasumi, pick her as one of your teamates and someone else you actually want to use as the other. The game will then bug out, pop up an error message, and then proceed let you play missions with just that other someone apparently. So you'll only have 1 ally instead of 2.

I recommend Garrus for buddy cop movie fun.

Comment

As for ME, I would like a background book with weapon and ship diagrams. As a keen military auff, it's that sort of thing I like. The ships also seemed really cool, but you didn't see them enough. More, I say!
      sigpic
      385 Heroes coming Home

Here's to smart Mods

Comment

Originally posted by Ouroboros View Post
        Use a save editor to hack in Kasumi, pick her as one of your teamates and someone else you actually want to use as the other. The game will then bug out, pop up an error message, and then proceed let you play missions with just that other someone apparently. So you'll only have 1 ally instead of 2.

I recommend Garrus for buddy cop movie fun.
        Nice find, but I think it is more about the atmosphere of having one teammate (I would really like to be able not to take any of them with me, playing a lone wolf character instead), rather then making it any harder.

On a side note, this is the sort of thing that has always bothered me in games... You have some really important (country/world/planet/star system/galaxy/universe-saving important) mission, where you are going to go up against the standart scifi/fantasy superior enemy (which in fact is so weak, it tends to stop being funny after a while) and you have some completely arbitrary team limit about people you can take with you.
        So when you go into that derelict ship or another, where you more or less know are tons of bad guys, you only take TWO(3/4/whatever) teammates from that supposedly all stars team you spent the game assembling, instead of taking the whole friggin team, and thus having a backup.
        Big RPG revival, going through well-known RPGs one by one.
        Done: Fallout 1/2/3, Icewind Dale 1/2, Baldur's Gate 1/2, Neverwinter Nights 1, ME1/2, DA:O, The Witcher
        To Do: Neverwinter Nights 2 (+MotB, SoZ), KotOR 1/2 (If I get it to work.)
        Favs: F2 (for its humour) PS:T (for being the best story reliant RPG)

Oblivion isn't going to be done ever, I just can't force myself to play it.

Comment

re: the load time increase in DA:O
          Didn't they 'fix' that in a previous patch? (which I think also added more issues, too.... )

re: needing a new PC
          well, the 'problem' w/ PC gaming is that even if you have a new/decent rig, that's never a guarantee that the game will run flawlessly.
          sigpic

Comment

Re: patching, I can't really speak to that. I bought DA via Steam, so I'm totally oblivious to when it updates.
            "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

ahh. we have Steam, too, but I tend to avoid it for my games (for one thing, I like 'physical copies', and I think I only have 2 games, E:TW and DoW2, that required Steam). I personally don't like the service *shrugs* (probably the sometimes slow login times on my end)

DA:O is at version 1.03. (the patch was required to install Awakenings, so if you have that installed, then it's there)
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gotthammer View Post
                re: the load time increase in DA:O
                Didn't they 'fix' that in a previous patch? (which I think also added more issues, too.... )
                Did they? BRB, downloading :-D

re: needing a new PC
                well, the 'problem' w/ PC gaming is that even if you have a new/decent rig, that's never a guarantee that the game will run flawlessly.
                Well at least new OS revision doesnt take away my ability to have multiple OSes and do whatever I want with the rig. (Sony, I am looking at you.)
                Big RPG revival, going through well-known RPGs one by one.
                Done: Fallout 1/2/3, Icewind Dale 1/2, Baldur's Gate 1/2, Neverwinter Nights 1, ME1/2, DA:O, The Witcher
                To Do: Neverwinter Nights 2 (+MotB, SoZ), KotOR 1/2 (If I get it to work.)
                Favs: F2 (for its humour) PS:T (for being the best story reliant RPG)

Oblivion isn't going to be done ever, I just can't force myself to play it.

Comment

ahh. we have Steam, too, but I tend to avoid it for my games (for one thing, I like 'physical copies', and I think I only have 2 games, E:TW and DoW2, that required Steam). I personally don't like the service *shrugs* (probably the sometimes slow login times on my end)
                  I can't remember the last time I bought a (non-console) physical copy of a game. Digital download is the way to go.

Admittedly, Steam sucked when it first came out. But it's come a long way since then; really very solid these days.
                  "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

hmm...Kasumi DLC tomorrow. I wonder if it's worth it...
                    $7 isn't much, after all...

Maybe I'll finish my long-overdue ME1 playthrough first.

edit:
                    re: digital copies
                    I dunno...I still like having the physical packaging. *shrugs...and pushes around the small pile of games near him*

It's one of the reasons I prefer to go for collector's/limited editions of games I like (and even games I took a 'risk' on, and disappointed *sheds a tear for Tabula Rasa, Age of Conan, Hellgate: London, and, most-disappointing of them all, Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning* ).
                    sigpic

Comment

You can get deluxe/collector's edditions of games digital too. I know my copy of Dragon Age is a Deluxe

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                        You can get deluxe/collector's edditions of games digital too. I know my copy of Dragon Age is a Deluxe
                        yeah, but those don't come in a nice, wooden (or tin) box.
                        (got a mug w/ the deal, too. the 'cloth' map was ugly, tho'...)
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by The Mighty 6 platoon View Post
                          No! At least not the main story because that would lose much of the point of the Mass Effect games. The games universe is so dependent on your own actions and the choices you make that the state of the galaxy and the status of characters in two different peoples games can be totally different. You just don't get that in film or tv.
                          what about a DVD w/ a choose-ur own-next-scene feature? prob wouldn't fit movie budget givin that many choices (kinda like a choose-ur-own-adventure kinda thing--btw if u pitch this idea successfully to a movie producer, be sure to split ur pay 50-50 with me, lol!!)

got this idea b/c thought u were talkin bout a fixed-plot novel then realized in thius spec post, ur talkin bout a movie
                          If you're interested in reading my longest fanfic story, which is an action/adventure story involving the elusive Furlings (as well as if you want to read the others), please click the link below.
                          [URL="http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6888222/1/Tauri_Furling_First_Contact_and_Alliance[/URL]

RIP Sep 2010 to beloved gateworld.net member and forum contributor Weedle, very skilled soldier with military special operations, a wonderful human being, and a friend to so many on gateworld. May we keep his memory close.

Comment

to tell you the truth I don't think the Illusive man is human cause he said to sheppard "you and every other human may as well be dead"
                            C. Edmund

Comment

And his eyes....his eyes!
                              sigpic
                              385 Heroes coming Home

Here's to smart Mods

Comment

I wouldn't read to much into it...
                                If that's supposed to mean anything, I'd sooner think that he's arrogant to think that he's better/'above' other humans...

re: eyes
                                I kinda wished that the 'Paragon' Shep could also get 'glowing' eyes (I don't really remember, but weren't there visual 'indicators' in Knights of the Old Republic if you were on either end of the Dark Side/Light Side of the Force thingy?).
                                Methinks the med bay upgrade could have been implemented better...
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X