The Cape (NBC) - News/Discussion/Speculation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
    The other guy dressed as The Cape was the Director of Prisons who was seen a few episodes earlier, as The Cape saved him from being assassinated.
    oh, i forgot about that. thanks .
    sigpic

Comment

The Cape went from 13 to 10 episodes. Summer Glau is the kiss of death when it comes to TV Shows

Comment

http://airlockalpha.com/node/8232/nb...-the-cape.html

NBC Cuts Episode Order For 'The Cape'

If you're one of the hard-working people trying to create new episodes of "The Cape," then you knew this one was coming.

The production order for "The Cape" has been reduced from 13 episodes to 10, according to Deadline.com. Although NBC won't give any indication on the overall fate of "The Cape," a move like this is hardly a vote of confidence from the network.

"The Cape" premiered with a 5.0 rating/8 share in a special Sunday airing Jan. 9. However, when the show made its move to its regular Monday slot, ratings fell quickly. It's first episode grabbed just a 3.8/6 in the Fast National overnight ratings from The Nielsen Co., a 24 percent drop.

Later episodes slipped even further, dropping to a 3.2/5.

Because production has just wrapped on Episode 10, that means production will be stopped immediately, and likely won't start back up.

But still, the show is averaging a 3.5/5 after three episodes, still stronger than what NBC did in that timeslot the year before. However, at the rate of decline, the show could finish behind last year's numbers, and end up NBC's worst-performing Monday show.

Not helping "The Cape" is the new Kathy Bates series "Harry's Law." That show premiered to a 7.0/12 three weeks ago, and has held on hard, nearly doubling the audience of its "Cape" lead-in.

Through last week, "Harry's Law" is by far NBC's highest-rated show so far this season, finishing in the top 20 of television franchises, and is 24 percent better than NBC's second highest-rated show, "Law & Order: Los Angeles."

"The Event" is averaging a 4.2/6 in the same timeslot, although that show's most recent episodes have averaged a 3.5 household rating.

When included with its Sunday episode, "The Cape" is still the second highest-rated genre show through the end of last week behind only "No Ordinary Family" on ABC. However, ratings for the genre overall are down on the networks, especially since no series has been around to replace "Lost," which ended its storied run last season.
        "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Sounds like spin to make it look positive despite the episode cut which probably means the show will be cancelled
          Originally posted by aretood2
          Jelgate is right

Comment

I've noticed that Airlock Alpha tends to do the positive spin thing a lot, even in the face of incredibly bad news.
            "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Yep, I saw it coming.. never really watched the show anyway!.... but sad to see shows like this come and go... why do the networks do not care anymore for their shows? they greenlit a show only to cancel it in the same breath again.... I dont understand it. Is that not thrown away money?!... Where are the times when a show had five or seven seasons?!
              I hope that the my only show on air right now fringe survives, its the only one thats been treated right as well as by the network.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sp!der View Post
                my only show on air right now fringe survives, its the only one thats been treated right as well as by the network.
                Er...they've bounced its timeslot more than once, and most recently into the Friday Night Death Slot. That's hardly treating it well.

Comment

Originally posted by Sp!der View Post
                  Yep, I saw it coming.. never really watched the show anyway!.... but sad to see shows like this come and go... why do the networks do not care anymore for their shows? they greenlit a show only to cancel it in the same breath again.... I dont understand it. Is that not thrown away money?!... Where are the times when a show had five or seven seasons?!
                  I hope that the my only show on air right now fringe survives, its the only one thats been treated right as well as by the network.
                  Um when it was making money
                  Jelgate is right

Comment

Q & A with The Cape's David Lyons - see link below:
                    http://scifiandtvtalk.typepad.com/sc...vid-lyons.html

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                      Sounds like spin to make it look positive despite the episode cut which probably means the show will be cancelled
                      It is good news. Everyone involved in the show gained valuable experience. Now they have the chance to seek new and exciting job opportunities and learn that you don't have to be a superhero to go on an adventure because life is an adventure.

Comment

Well, if this show wasn't done before, it is now.

http://airlockalpha.com/node/8297/nb...pe-finale.html

Comment

The Cape was finished after the 3rd episode.
                          Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                            Well, if this show wasn't done before, it is now.

http://airlockalpha.com/node/8297/nb...pe-finale.html
                            Ouch, not even airing the finale after spending the money to make it, quite a slap in the face. Personally, I stopped watching after 2 episodes I think.
                            sigpic

Comment

It's bad that I'm a comic book geek and couldn't bring myself to watch the show. I just hope that V and No Ordinary Family don't follow suit.
                              sigpic
                              More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

''Flash: The creators of The Cape are prepping an exclusive episode just for online fans! Keep watching this site in the days ahead to see a full-length special episode.''

Wonder what they mean by the bolded part. Extended finale maybe? Have they re-written the ending? My guess is it'll be a 'US only' deal leaving us out, again.

Comment

Working...
                                X