Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Jerry Bruckheimer creating a show to compete with "Stargate"?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Aussie_86 View Post
    Kim Stanley Robinson has made a trilogy of hard sci-fi books about terraforming Mars, and it is really quite enthralling. After a while, the books stop being about actually terraforming the planet, but more about the various factions of people all with differing goals regarding terraforming (some believe that terraforming the planet is destroying its uniqueness; others want to terraform so its just habitable by humans; others want to turn it into another Earth).
    Those books jumped the shark, I end up throwing them away. I got through the first and started on the second but I could not stand his adverts for Earth religions. The Christian, Buddist and Islamic spiritual garbage. Going into space should be about exploration, the science, the building and the right stuff. It should not be about taking your bible or koran to a shop on Mars. Some guy trying to find Mecca with a dishtowel on their head from the planet Mars makes about as much sense as SpongeBob Squarepants figuring out the theory of unified electrogravity on the Sun. There is a reason the Arab nations have never become space faring civilizations.

Comment

Working...
    X