• Show
Clear All

Haven, season 4 begins tonight!!!
    "Trust me. I'm a psychopath." Jekyll

"And I thought the end of the world couldn't get any worse" Ianto-Torchwood

Comment

Good episode tonight.

Spoiler:
      I'm already fed up with Jordan after tonight's episode, and there are 10 more left to go. I do hope she's not going to be around in all the rest of them. I don't like that Dave and Vince seem to be against Duke and his brother, and probably Nathan, too. The Guard has become very creepy. And I want to know just how William knows that Lexi is actually Audrey and what his role is in all of this.

Comment

We probably wont get that reunion until the finale at this point

Comment

So far. so good with this season.

Spoiler:

I must admit that Duke is not my favourite character but I am enjoying the development in his character this season, as well as the change in the dynamic of his 'friendship' with Nathan

Jennifer is an interesting one. Still undecided if her 'trouble' is going to be a help or a hindrance. Either way she is a nice addition to the cast. Makes a change to add a new character.

Dwight as Police Chief works surprisingly well, although Jordan trying to undermine him at every turn is going to get old real quick.

Still a little disturbed that Vince and Dave have gone from being the sweet - if slightly quirky - town newsmen to what they are now, but I figure it must be leading somewhere. Although some sort of recognition of the events of the season 3 finale would be nice (you know, the whole bashing each other and stuffing in trunks thing!)

Trying to figure William out, I like the character (adoring Colin Ferguson helps I suppose ). So many interesting ideas on who he is floating around, but I think my current favourite is that he is the Heart of the Barn trying to get Audrey (or Lexie if you prefer) back to Nathan and Haven - making the other guys the Brain of the Barn who are trying change her personality like they normally do and make her start all over again.

Okay, that's enough rambling for now
          Last edited by Madness reigns; 22 September 2013, 04:03 AM. Reason: Spelling!
          sigpic
          Thank you ladygris for my lovely sig and avi

Comment

Originally posted by Madness reigns View Post
            So far. so good with this season.

Spoiler:

I must admit that Duke is not my favourite character but I am enjoying the development in his character this season, as well as the change in the dynamic of his 'friendship' with Nathan

Jennifer is an interesting one. Still undecided if her 'trouble' is going to be a help of a hindrance. Either way she is a nice addition to the cast. Makes a change to add a new character.

Dwight as Police Chief works surprisingly well, although Jordan trying to undermine him at every turn is going to get old real quick.

Still a little disturbed that Vince and Dave have gone from being the sweet - if slightly quirky - town newsmen to what they are now, but I figure it must be leading somewhere. Although some sort of recognition of the events of the season 3 finale would be nice (you know, the whole bashing each other and stuffing in thunks thing!)

Trying to figure William out, I like the character (adoring Colin Ferguson helps I suppose ). So many interesting ideas on who he is floating around, but I think my current favourite is that he is the Heart of the Barn trying to get Audrey (or Lexie if you prefer) back to Nathan and Haven - making the other guys the Brain of the Barn who are trying change her personality like they normally do and make her start all over again.

Okay, that's enough rambling for now
            My theory:

Spoiler:
            Colin's character is from Haven and is trying to get her back there to stop the troubles over there. However, Haven isn't the only troubled town in America and the guys trying to stop him are this other towns version of the guard who want "Lexie" to stay there and help with their troubles. This would explain where Audrey goes for 27 years, she is going from town to town and stopping troubles in each one

Comment

This show continues to twist things up just when you think you know what's going on.

Case in point:
              Spoiler:
              Last night's reveal that the 'Oatley Tap Room' is actually The Barn, which expelled Duke but kept Audrey trapped as Lexi.

Things are definitely going to get interesting going forward, both in terms of how
              Spoiler:
              Audrey/Lexi gets back to Haven
              , as well as what's going to happen until and after she does.

Comment

I'm guessing this new guy is Howards replacement

Comment

Originally posted by JackO'Neill View Post
                  He seems to be trying to get her to remember who she used to be (Audrey Parker), which 'Howard' never did, so I don't think he's her new 'handler', although he's probably going to fill the same role insofar as getting her (back) to Haven is concerned.

Comment

Originally posted by JackO'Neill View Post
                    That's what my girlfriend and I were thinking too.
                    sigpic

Comment

Maybe he's something even stranger. What if he's a manifestation of the troubles and he needs Audrey alive to keep them going without the 27 year delay? He would only be able to do this now because Howard isn't there to protect the Barn.

Comment

I think he is the barn.

Comment

Interesting episode

Spoiler:
                          Audrey's back, but she still doesn't know she's Audrey. I found it sort of odd that Nathan instantly thought she'd kill him just because he told her to. He should have waited to give her a chance to adjust to being back. Also interesting that Lexi(/Audrey) didn't even react when Nathan kissed her.

I can just imagine how incensed/outraged/pissed off Jordan is over the fact that Nathan isn't going to die and she won't get to get rid of her trouble. I like her even less as each week passes. She can only think of herself and nothing else - not even those children who went missing. Her only thought was to follow Nathan to make sure she got to be there when (and if) he died ... and she could then do a Snoopy happy dance over his dead body. If this is how she's going to behave throughout the rest of the 13 episodes, I won't be buying this seasons DVDs, not if it means having to watch her.

Who knew Duke knew about yoga and meditation? I loved the whole scenario of him trying to teach Kate to meditate, and that little scene with her hanging upside down from a railing on his boat. She's so cute and adds some great humor to the show.

And I have to say I'm liking Dave and Vince less all the time.

I'm glad Audrey is finally back in Haven, but it will certainly be interesting how she (as Lexi) adapts to being there.

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                            Interesting episode

Spoiler:
                            Audrey's back, but she still doesn't know she's Audrey. I found it sort of odd that Nathan instantly thought she'd kill him just because he told her to. He should have waited to give her a chance to adjust to being back. Also interesting that Lexi(/Audrey) didn't even react when Nathan kissed her.

I can just imagine how incensed/outraged/pissed off Jordan is over the fact that Nathan isn't going to die and she won't get to get rid of her trouble. I like her even less as each week passes. She can only think of herself and nothing else - not even those children who went missing. Her only thought was to follow Nathan to make sure she got to be there when (and if) he died ... and she could then do a Snoopy happy dance over his dead body. If this is how she's going to behave throughout the rest of the 13 episodes, I won't be buying this seasons DVDs, not if it means having to watch her.

Who knew Duke knew about yoga and meditation? I loved the whole scenario of him trying to teach Kate to meditate, and that little scene with her hanging upside down from a railing on his boat. She's so cute and adds some great humor to the show.

And I have to say I'm liking Dave and Vince less all the time.

I'm glad Audrey is finally back in Haven, but it will certainly be interesting how she (as Lexi) adapts to being there.
                            My thoughts:

Spoiler:
                            I think that Audrey did in fact remember Nathan and being Audrey, she just thought fast on her feet to avoid having to kill Nathan. By pretending to be a new version she can claim to have no attachments and love no one there and it therefore becomes pointless to force her to kill anyone.

It also seems likely that my theory in my post above might be right and that Colins character is what's behind the troubles

Comment

Jordan & the entire guard has gotta go. They are bringing this show down with them. Maybe that ex Power Ranger should morph & kick their asses

Comment

Originally posted by Wyrminarrd View Post
                                My thoughts:

Spoiler:
                                I think that Audrey did in fact remember Nathan and being Audrey, she just thought fast on her feet to avoid having to kill Nathan. By pretending to be a new version she can claim to have no attachments and love no one there and it therefore becomes pointless to force her to kill anyone.

It also seems likely that my theory in my post above might be right and that Colins character is what's behind the troubles
                                As soon as that scene played out (after my wife hid behind a cushion), we both said the same:

Spoiler:
                                She pulled a fast one to avoid killing Nathan.

OR she genuinely doesn't know, and is a mix of all 4 versions - I have not rewatched, but I could swear after she exited the barn, she had more blonde in her hair than before, and some red highlights too.

If Colin's character is the one behind the troubles, then why would he send her back? (presuming that being behind the troubles means he controls it and thus, get's some kicks out of it), she stops the troubles, so not a help.

I said fairly early on (maybe here, maybe elsewhere) that his character is the barn (imho), and he was the barns way of communicating with her, to try and save her.

Comment

Working...
                                X