No announcement yet.

Haven (Syfy) - News/Discussion/Speculation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I haven't read The Colorado Kid yet, but I gather that the show is an adaptation with changes made as they see fit. The book features a 25-year-old mystery that only the two newspaper guys remember, Vince the founder and Dave the editor (but who are not brothers). And the female protagonist is a young journalist trying to figure out the case. But I guess it would have to be a single mystery story rather than a Trouble of the Week adventure.
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
      I haven't read The Colorado Kid yet, but I gather that the show is an adaptation with changes made as they see fit. The book features a 25-year-old mystery that only the two newspaper guys remember, Vince the founder and Dave the editor (but who are not brothers). And the female protagonist is a young journalist trying to figure out the case. But I guess it would have to be a single mystery story rather than a Trouble of the Week adventure.
      I figured no trouble of the week...I just don't want to be spoiled about the overarching plot
      sigpic

Comment

I understand. And since I haven't read it yet, I couldn't tell you
        "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Your last post suggests you might be half evil (#333 )

I can't wait for the next season...And for season 2 to be released on DVD.
          sigpic

Comment

I always took that the "based on The Colorado Kid" was more to do with it being fashionable at the time to link a TV Series to a book (clever marketing to get people to watch) rather than it actually having anything to do with the original book.

The book is completely different, the connection to the book is the "mystery" behind the story, and Vince and Dave knowing more than they let on, it would be like marketing Star Trek as "based on Star Wars" because it's set in space and has a space ship.

Comment

Originally posted by Ian-S View Post
              I always took that the "based on The Colorado Kid" was more to do with it being fashionable at the time to link a TV Series to a book (clever marketing to get people to watch) rather than it actually having anything to do with the original book.

The book is completely different, the connection to the book is the "mystery" behind the story, and Vince and Dave knowing more than they let on, it would be like marketing Star Trek as "based on Star Wars" because it's set in space and has a space ship.
              Fair enough...

I caught a great "awkward pause" pic...002.jpg
              sigpic

Comment

Eric Balfour uploaded a picture from Twitter (sunrise) and saying that today was the first shooting day for season 3.
                sigpic

Comment

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Haven-Season-2/16920

September 11th.
                  sigpic

Comment

Season 3 start date (Finally!!)

#Haven twitter feed

Haven page on SyFy.com
                    Last edited by Madness reigns; 17 May 2012, 11:37 AM.
                    sigpic
                    Thank you ladygris for my lovely sig and avi

Comment

That's a bit late

Still, better late than never. Can't wait!

Comment

Lame that it is four months away...
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                          That's a bit late

Still, better late than never. Can't wait!
                          Originally posted by Gen. Chris View Post
                          Lame that it is four months away...

Yeah, I was kind of expecting a July/early August start. Hopefully it will be a continuous run like the last 2 seasons.
                          sigpic
                          Thank you ladygris for my lovely sig and avi

Comment

I was hoping it would air during the summer too. I'm really looking forward to the new season, and I hate having to wait even longer for it.
                            Last edited by VampyreWraith; 20 May 2012, 04:47 PM. Reason: just noticed that I forgot the "p" in hoping :P
                            sigpic

Comment

I'm not that surprised because they only recently started filming. But I'm still disappointed.
                              sigpic

Comment

http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethe...-syfy-ser.html

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X