No announcement yet.

Haven (Syfy) - News/Discussion/Speculation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hope Season 2 is better than Season 1.

Season 1 was okay, but it was kind of perpetually 'on the bubble' for me as to whether I'd continue to watch it or not. I really liked how the season ended though; I hope that's the driving force behind Season 2
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

I liked S1 well enough. It was enough to keep me interested, but I'm eager for what they will do with S2
      sigpic

Comment

Pretty good ep to open the season i can't wait to see what happens next ep. there was a lot of for warning in this episode
        Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side and a dark side and it holds the universe together
        sigpic

Comment

Yeah I liked the premiere too. Bunch of interesting new and related elements being added that I found interesting. I hope Season 2 continues to be more based on the story arc, and less on boring monsters-of-the-week style stories.
          "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Two things I've noticed so far this year:

1) The show in general seems to be dramatically improved over last year. Where last year I didn't mind if I didn't get to an episode for a week or two, this year I look forward to each new show.

2) I don't know if it's just me, but Emily Rose's acting seems to have massively improved this year. She was always lovely eye candy, but I've really been enjoying her performance since Haven came back.

Comment

Love Haven and Alphas too. Smart and funny writing with Solid acting in each. I'm so impressed with the production styles of these shows. Hope they can weather the storm and stick around. It's so sad to see science fiction whittled down to ghost hunters.
              Duke's becoming more and more interesting too. Not sure I understand the point of introducing and removing the 2nd Audrey, but bet it has to do with that missing barn! Always something to look forward to.
              :-)

Comment

I have to agree that S2 has greatly improved over S1.

Duke is still my favorite character.

Anyone else have flashbacks of Stephen Kings Maximum Overdrive?
                Chicago Con Attendee 2011
                Chicago Con Attendee 2010
                GateCon Attendee 2008
                Vancouver Con Attendee 2007

Comment

it seems to be a lot scarier this year.
                  Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by pisces27 View Post
                    Anyone else have flashbacks of Stephen Kings Maximum Overdrive?
                    yes.

Comment

I was on the fence with Haven, Series 1, but Series 2 is much better: Better stories, better character development, better storytelling.

I'm loving the growth of Duke's character, and I'm finding more characters compelling. I hope it keeps this level of quality up and gets renewed.
                      "Trust me. I'm a psychopath." Jekyll

"And I thought the end of the world couldn't get any worse" Ianto-Torchwood

Comment

Agreed. Last night was probably the weakest of the season so far and I still quite enjoyed it.

Comment

I tried the first four episodes of Havens Season One... did not work for me
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dtheories View Post
                            Love Haven and Alphas too. Smart and funny writing with Solid acting in each. I'm so impressed with the production styles of these shows. Hope they can weather the storm and stick around. It's so sad to see science fiction whittled down to ghost hunters.
                            Duke's becoming more and more interesting too. Not sure I understand the point of introducing and removing the 2nd Audrey, but bet it has to do with that missing barn! Always something to look forward to.
                            :-)
                            I agree, I'm really loving season 2 of Haven, and I'm also enoying Alphas. I think both series are great, and hope they stick around.

I'm finding Duke more and more interesting too, he's becoming my favorite character. I'm really looking forward to the rest of this season.
                            sigpic

Comment

I'm still quite enjoying the show. Hope it is doing well. Anyone seen any ratings?

I too am wondering about the point of the other Audrey and then erasing her memories. She didn't seem to be a threat to the Audrey we know, she was actually trying to help her.

Duke's storyline is quite interesting as well. I like that every show we are getting something from the main thread. It seemed last season it would only gives us a tiny bit every once in a while.
                              Shelly
                              My Photos
                              sigpic

Comment

The ratings this year are about on par with last year. The overall average last year was about 1.8 million per, which has been roughly the same since this season started.

edit;

A quick graph I whipped up based on the viewership numbers on Wikipedia (which are in turn taken from TV By the Numbers):

Last edited by DigiFluid; 14 August 2011, 07:57 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X