No announcement yet.

Haven (Syfy) - News/Discussion/Speculation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I liked the ep, though the premisse of locking up 2 FBI agents when you don’t have a false identity or anything was a bit wishy washy. Maybe they should have given “cursed person” of the week the power to make people forget/jumble things like remembering their faces or something. The fact that one of those FBI agents carried a gun yet did not consider blasting the lock on the door and going on a hunting spree throughout the ship was also strange, but maybe that’s me being corrupted by unrealistic Hollywood action scenes.
    I'm an average viewer. As plain as they come. People make TV shows based on my demographic.

Million's of ZPM's, ZPM's for free! Millions of ZPM's, ZPM's for me!

Comment

what fan forum?

Comment

I finally managed to watch the latest Haven ep - totally loved the reference to the X-Files
        sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

LJ PETITION FOR 2ND SEASON
          Anyone know if this is on the up and up? Hope so!! http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/season2ofhaven/
          Please also send the two below HAVEN POSTCARDS to SYFY to show support!
          http://i53.tinypic.com/65odio.png
          http://i52.tinypic.com/sqtqno.png
          http://twitter.com/Syfy
          [email protected]

Comment

It's starting here next Thursday It looks like a good show.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
              Appearences can be deciving
              Originally posted by aretood2
              Jelgate is right

Comment

Haven is a very good show with good stories, excitement, drama, wonderful set design and solid acting. It's not going to appeal to everyone, like SGU is not appealing to SGA people. But an open mind, e.g.; watching without an overly judgmental attitude will help. I'm not entirely certain how any new shows get past the litmus test of expectations enough to make it for a second season, but I sincerely hope this one does!

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                  Really?

Originally posted by dtheories View Post
                  Haven is a very good show with good stories, excitement, drama, wonderful set design and solid acting. It's not going to appeal to everyone, like SGU is not appealing to SGA people. But an open mind, e.g.; watching without an overly judgmental attitude will help. I'm not entirely certain how any new shows get past the litmus test of expectations enough to make it for a second season, but I sincerely hope this one does!
                  Well I'm giving it a shot anyways to see if I like it or not I like crazy, wacky stuff and the trailer that I saw, it looks like my kinda show.
                  sigpic

Comment

Really?

Well I'm giving it a shot anyways to see if I like it or not I like crazy, wacky stuff and the trailer that I saw, it looks like my kinda show.
                    Thats just my opinion. It seems nothing happens except the monster of the week and then everything restarts.
                    Jelgate is right

Comment

Oh good, a reason for a re-watch!

And yet you're still tuning in...

Really?
                      No!

That's the best thing to do, make your own mind up. I think you'll like it!

It seems nothing happens except the monster of the week and then everything restarts.
                      Which is why it's one of those that could run for a few seasons... there's the underlying story, but each ep, the monster of the week is all dealt with, ready for a new one. Like Warehouse 13 I suppose!

And I know I've said it, but if your opinion is that nothing happens, why waste your time still watching it? I just don't get why people do that! I mean, if you're watching something, hoping it will get better and it turns out that for you, it doesn't get better... move on to something else! People don't want to come into a thread and read all these negative things!

sigpic

Comment

Thats just my opinion. It seems nothing happens except the monster of the week and then everything restarts.
                        Oh well, at least I won't have to think too much

Originally posted by queen_hathor View Post
                        There's always a good reason for a rewatch

I hope I do, from what I've seen of the trailers it looks like a cool show

Which is why it's one of those that could run for a few seasons... there's the underlying story, but each ep, the monster of the week is all dealt with, ready for a new one. Like Warehouse 13 I suppose!
                        I like Warehouse 13

And I know I've said it, but if your opinion is that nothing happens, why waste your time still watching it? I just don't get why people do that! I mean, if you're watching something, hoping it will get better and it turns out that for you, it doesn't get better... move on to something else! People don't want to come into a thread and read all these negative things!
                        Well sometimes it's not as easy as that. In my case I watched SGA for the whole 5 seasons and the first 3 I quite liked, season 4 was so-so and season 5 started off very well but as the season went on it got worse and worse IMO but I still watched it. I think more of hope that it would get better than anything else. I only got through 1 and a bit episode of True Blood, I realised almost straight away that I wouldn't like it. I gave Lost the whole first season, again more of hope I think that it would improve but it didn't for me so I didn't bother tuning into it after that. Now going the other way, I wasn't sure about Sanctuary at first but I stuck with it and gave it a chance and now I love it SGU I stopped watching just over half way through season 1, I stopped watching becuase they went ahead with certain things, but a few months later I decided to give it another chance and I'm glad I did cause I really like it now. So to cut a long story short (after going through the long boring story ) it's not as cut and dry as it may seem
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by queen_hathor View Post

And yet you're still tuning in...

No!

I stopped watching after Fur
                          Jelgate is right

Comment

I stopped watching after Fur
                            Fur? THERE'S A BEAR ON THE LOOSE *runs around screaming and flapping arms*
                            sigpic

Comment

I'm quiet surprised SyFy UK has taken all these shows off SkyOne, it used to be a given that any new scifi show would air on SkyOne first, but not anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Ian-S View Post
                                I'm quiet surprised SyFy UK has taken all these shows off SkyOne, it used to be a given that any new scifi show would air on SkyOne first, but not anymore.
                                Yep times have changed. I still prefer Sky one though.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X