Divergence Eve
    Fullmetal Alchemist
    Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex
    Neon Genesis Evangelion
    Outlaw Star
    Tenchi Muyo (OAV)
    sigpic

Comment

I like anime too but not as much as some people here. The anime I've watched and liked are Naruto, Bleach, DBZ, G Gundam, Full Metal Alchemist, Samurai X, Yu Yu Hakucho. I alse read the Naruto and Bleach manga.

Comment

Hey guys, I got a question. I'm not exactly an anime fan, but there's this show that I watched when I was younger that's, well, a damn good childhood memory. The problem is I don't know its English name.

Anyway, the story is about this young guy who creates a Gundam-suit-type thing out of clay, and some magic people turns it into a real Gundam-suit-type robot for a mission that the young guy is sent on.

The mission is this: there's a 7-levelled mountain nearby that's surrounded by a rainbow and it has been corrupted by evil dudes, and the young man's mission is to, obviously, defeat the evil dudes. Now, the main evil villain controls 6 evil henchmen who then control the lower 6 levels of the mountain, with the main evil dude controlling the 7th.

Each episode basically has our young hero, aided by a flamboyant girl and a gruff country man with a big chin, walking into a certain village on the mountain that's being terrorized by the henchmen of the leader of that level of the moutain. In order to defeat the henchmen, the young guy must summon his gundam-type robot with his sword, and save the day.

The chinese title translated into english word-for-word roughly says "Magic Dragon Fighter" or some such.

So...anybody know what I'm talking about?

Comment

When i finnished watching all my favourite sci-fi shows, i needed to find a new genre. I found sci-fi anime. Its not fairytales for children or stupid series for little girls as i thought. Although it was dificult to find the right animes for myself. Thats when i realized i could build a website for people like me, trying to find the right sci-fi anime. So far there are 10 series which i strongly recommend, can anyone suggest another series?

http://scifi-anime.xf.cz
          the best sci-fi anime series! the sci-fiest sci-fi ever!
          http://scifi-anime.xf.cz/

Comment

wow thanks!!! im a huge anime fan and a sci fi fan. so thanks.
            Macross Frontier seems to be awsome anime. wanna see it. i heard from a guy know that gundam series are very complicated.
            now my brothers in arms,, i stand before you now, like our for father did in the heed of battel,let us take the steel and our honor to victory

Comment

im more of a action anime kinda guy, although i did briefly like cowboy beboop
              Last Movie Watched
              X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
              Life is Strange

Comment

cowboy bepop is a insane awsome show! just great charaters and storys.
                for every anime fan they should see cowboy bepop
                now my brothers in arms,, i stand before you now, like our for father did in the heed of battel,let us take the steel and our honor to victory

Comment

fist of the north star, though its more post apocalypse than sci fi
                  sigpic
                  EMBRACE DEMOCRACY, OR YOU WILL BE ERADICATED
                  -Liberty Prime

Comment

i'm not massively into anime and i tend to watch anime movies rather than series, but my favourites are karas and appleseed, also a live action anime style movies casshern
                    Spoiler:
                    Disclaimer:
                    I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
                    Quotes!
                    - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
                    - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
                    - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
                    sigpic

Comment

I'm seriously considering buying the Cowboy Bebop series on dvd. It's not that expensive and I've heard good things about it. And since I've become obsessed with Avatar the Last Airbender(one of my favorite shows ever...I can't say enough good things about it), I'm more open to watching a show that's animated.

Comment

neon genesis evangelion is good

appleseed is good
                        and someone mentioned casshern which i love

but what i am in love with is Elfin Lied
                        "What we need now is a tactical retreat. Did you see the episode on Stargate where they found themselves on a planet with a culture based loosely on Earth Athens and Sparta?"

Comment

Ghost in the Shell is pretty good.
                          Vice Admiral and occasionally the Acting Leader of the Gateworld Cantina
                          sigpic

Comment

Bounen no Xamdou aka Xam'd: Lost Memories is a good recent one. Only available through PS3 and offered in SD and HD d/l versions, the U.S. is getting it before Japan.
                            It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.

Comment

Hmmm....SF anime recommendations?

Akira
                              Ghost in the Shell (movies and series)
                              Eureka 7
                              Metropolis
                              Cowboy Bebop
                              Now and Then, Here and There
                              Serial Experiments Lain
                              Noein
                              Code Geass (the second season got pretty bad though)

Comment

well im glad to see that the discussion is going pretty well.

What about Planetes? im now watching this anime, and it seems to be pretty good. After a while series without any special powers or gigantic robots seems pretty realistic to me.
                                the best sci-fi anime series! the sci-fiest sci-fi ever!
                                http://scifi-anime.xf.cz/

Comment

Working...
                                X