No announcement yet.

Anime

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well i've been playing around with the on demand programming provided by comcast and today noticed they've added anime programming to the lineup.

the haven't got any of the mature stuff as yet like cutey honey or tale of the overfiend, but i'm currently watching some classic Battle of the Planets...

don't know if any other cable provider is doing this with their on demand services, but comcast users that like anime, check it out!
    Thanks!
    Jordan

my page
    My LJ
    From now on, our name will be 'Tenac'.

Comment

Any anime fanZ?....talk here...
      The wheel of Destiny is turning..........

Comment

i love anime...my favorite show as of now is fruits basket...i have a weak spot for shojo what can i say. but hikaru no go is pretty good too.
        My flickr photography.

Comment

anime.... that's a nasty habit to be sure. but, i prefer manga

Flame of Recca
          Hikaru no Go "Sai Saga"
          DBZ
          Kenshin
          Shaman King
          Majin Devil
          'Nou ani anquietus' - 'We are the Ancients:’ teachers of roads and builders of the 'gate.

Comment

Originally posted by Wandering Tamer
            anime.... that's a nasty habit to be sure. but, i prefer manga
            Whats the difference?
            gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
            so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
            love Torri

Comment

i LOVE anime!!! my favs are DBZ ,Gundam wing and Escaflowne
              Last edited by hidden_envy; 06 April 2005, 12:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by qasimjavid
                Whats the difference?
                Anime is animated manga, mostly with parts of the manga left out. That's why manga's better.

Anime:
                - Hellsing
                - Tekkaman Blade
                - Tekkaman Blade II
                - Teknoman
                - Gundam Seed
                - Gundam Seed Destiny
                - Guyver
                - Generator Gawl
                - Gundam Wing
                - Dragon Drive
                - Angelic Layer
                - Neon Genesis Evangelion

That's what I have atm.
                Signed,

Gregorius
                Gateworld Forum Troublemaker Extraordinaire.

sigpic

Support the (r)Evolution: Gregorius for Moderator.
                Gregorius, because clowning about is his raison d'être.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregorius
                  Anime is animated manga,
                  Actually, anime = (Japanese) animation while manga = (Japanese) comics. Not all anime is based on pre-existing manga.
                  mostly with parts of the manga left out. That's why manga's better.
                  Yeah, I noticed this big-time with my all-time favorite, GTO. I liked the anime when I saw it, then I checked out the original manga and it was so much better. (I'm glad I watched the anime first though, that way I got to enjoy both versions where otherwise the anime would probably have been dissappointing.)
                  Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

Finally, an anime thread! Thank you! *worships SHIN*

I LOVE anime in almost all forms, from the mecha of Eva to the high school relationships of KareKano to the insanity that is DigiCharat. The only ones I can't tolerate are the super-sugary cute ones and the "harem" ones (Tenchi, etc).

Let's see, I'm currently working on Full Metal Alchemist (excellent), Witch Hunter Robin, and the Read or Die TV series (also excellent).

Anyone seen Paranoia Agent? I'm debating whether or not to get it.

Also, anyone seen either Ghost in the Shell 2 or Steamboy? I heard both were quite nice visually, but lacking a tad in the story, especially Innocence.

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire
                      Finally, an anime thread! Thank you! *worships SHIN*
                      There's been anime threads here before, you know...
                      I LOVE anime in almost all forms, from the mecha of Eva to the high school relationships of KareKano[...]
                      Ah, KareKano... Another one of my favorites. Too bad it started sucking before the end. And it still ended too soon...

Comment

Originally posted by Ugly Pig
                        There's been anime threads here before, you know...
                        Oops. That's what I get for not digging through the forum.

Ah, KareKano... Another one of my favorites. Too bad it started sucking before the end. And it still ended too soon...
                        It did seem like they ran out of money somewhere toward the end. Still, the characters-on-popsicle-sticks episode will always remain close to my heart...

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire
                          It did seem like they ran out of money somewhere toward the end. Still, the characters-on-popsicle-sticks episode will always remain close to my heart...
                          It would've been better if they'd actually, y'know, animated the episode.

Comment

My favourite anime shows... hmm...

Cowboy Bebop
                            Ghost in the Shell: Standalone Complex
                            Detective Conan
                            Samurai Champloo

Anything by Studio Ghibli
                            sigpic
                            "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Is there any other anime fans on GW....if there is then You can talk about them here and find other anime that you may not even know exists.
                              anyhay my favs are.
                              Dragon ball/z/gt
                              Naruto
                              Full metal Alchamist
                              Inuyasha
                              and anything else Anime

So talk Away
                              I found MGs site...this is what happend....I laughed
                              so hard i fell backwards in my chair and hit my head....*Now has big bump on head*
                              But it was worth it ....*Bows before the almighty MG*

Rotating Sig courtesy of Abydos
                              Thanks to SmallTimePerson for the Atlantis Gaurdians Pic
                              GW My home away from home....
                              My Goal in life....Become King of games

Comment

We dont get much anime here in the UK But they used to air Gundam Wing which I loved! It's a shame there's only one season for it, it was a great series
                                Other anime is DBZ but I grew out of that during rhe Buu saga, it got to repetetive and boring. And then they ruined it in DBGT when they turned Goku into a kid
                                Tenchi Muyo wasn't that bad, but it lack action.

sigpic
                                Gate City - My humorous Stargate site made when I was young, enjoy!
                                Previously known as False hope who was previously known as McKay's girl

Comment

Working...
                                X