No announcement yet.

Anime

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So been wondering this myself lately, if you had to chose the best anime opening what would it be? ie whats your favorite?

for me its a toss up between, nightmare - the world (death note opening 1) or sambomaster - seishun kyosokyoko (naruto opening 5), with asian kung fu generation - haruka kanata (naruto opening 2) & yui - again (fullmetal alchemist brotherhood opening 1) as runners up

honorable mentions are dragonball opening and also pokemon opening
    Last edited by mr_kennedy; 04 August 2013, 10:27 PM.
    Last Movie Watched
    X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
    Life is Strange

Comment

So Caught up with Naruto shippuden Dubs so lately i have Been watching Bleach, up to season 4, its ok abit underwhelming to me so far when you compare it to the awesomeness of seasons 2 & 3

Also started watching Wolfs Rain & Yugioh Duel Monsters both first time viewings and i'm going to complete both Neon Genesis Evangelion & Cowboy Bebop
      Last Movie Watched
      X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
      Life is Strange

Comment

I used to watch DBZ and a few other popular movies back in high school (a little over 10 years ago ), but haven't watched much since. Recently watched Avatar The Last Airbender which got me interested so I've started watching Bleach. I have access to it via Hulu+ (with Subtitles) or Youtube (dubbed, but poorly). I wish I had access to high quality dubbed versions, as I greatly prefer this...especially when I'm doing other things so kinda half watch and half listen to the shows.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Spimman View Post
          I used to watch DBZ and a few other popular movies back in high school (a little over 10 years ago ), but haven't watched much since. Recently watched Avatar The Last Airbender which got me interested so I've started watching Bleach. I have access to it via Hulu+ (with Subtitles) or Youtube (dubbed, but poorly). I wish I had access to high quality dubbed versions, as I greatly prefer this...especially when I'm doing other things so kinda half watch and half listen to the shows.
          There are a couple of good sites around that just focus on anime dubs, i've been watching Cowboy Bebop & Neon Genesis Evangelion on there which i will finish both on saturday, now i've enjoyed Cowboy Bebop more than Neon Genesis Evaengelion however Neon Genesis Evangelion is really good too

As for Bleach Yeah i'm only a newbie to the show aswell i'm only on s4 seasons 2-3 were great but Naruto/Naruto Shippuden) is still the best anime out there (imo)
          Last Movie Watched
          X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
          Life is Strange

Comment

Just started watching Gurren Lagann love it so far, only seen 3 episodes
            Last Movie Watched
            X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
            Life is Strange

Comment

I think I've only seen the first season or so of Naruto. How many episodes are there?
              sigpic
              Save a Man-of-War, ride a Commodore.

Comment

There's like 220 for part 1, however part 2 is still ongoing i think the japan version is to like season 15 or something, while the dub is @season 11

there are however several! filler episodes
                Last edited by mr_kennedy; 27 February 2014, 12:08 AM.
                Last Movie Watched
                X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
                Life is Strange

Comment

15 seasons? Oh my! I'm good with my 8-ish seasons of Inuyasha.
                  sigpic

Comment

15 seasons just for part 2 (seen up to season 11)

like 9 seasons for part 1 (i've seen all of)

YES Naruto is my favorite anime

however i've yet to see inuyasha
                    Last edited by mr_kennedy; 27 February 2014, 01:13 AM.
                    Last Movie Watched
                    X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
                    Life is Strange

Comment

Originally posted by mr_kennedy View Post

however i've yet to see inuyasha
                      It's the first anime I saw that wasn't Sailor Moon or Dragon Ball (Z). I like the characters more than I like the show sometimes, if that makes any sense.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Morgania View Post
                        Recommend me some historical fantasy series, please.

I already watch Inuyasha, and Sengoku Basara- Samurai Kings.
                        Rurouni Kenshin. Story gets a bit more impactful and serious as you go on. The accompanying movies are pretty good too, I think superiour to the series in a way; Trust and Betrayal was kinda brutal to watch. There's also a live action movie with sequels on the way.

A few general recommendations for people: Fate Zero, Trigun, and Legend of the Galactic Heroes (best sci-fi anime I've seen and pretty deep).

Comment

*Nurses Cowboy Beebob back to health*
                          YOU MONSTER!!!
                          sigpic
                          ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                          A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                          The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
                            *Nurses Cowboy Beebob back to health*
                            YOU MONSTER!!!
                            Whatever murse gatefan. lol, I liked Cowboy Bebop but it was mostly a western in space. Not really sci-fi in the traditional sense. Legend of the Galactic Heroes was the better sci-fi anime, I'd even put it up there next to TNG with regards to the philosophical musings and social commentary stuff.

Comment

Cowboy Bebop was awesome i only watched it last year for the first time tho

Morgania have you seen Samurai Champloo? That's worth a watch and it fits what you were looking for earlier Steve Blum is the lead voice actor which is always a plus imo his my favorite v.a
                              Last Movie Watched
                              X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
                              Life is Strange

Comment

Samurai Champloo and Rurouni Kenshin are both on my to watch list.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X