This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by knowles2 View Post

Always wanted to discover what they got up to after they left in the mother ship at the end of season 5.
    The show ended after S5
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
      The show ended after S5
      The show ended when they phased out Lili and Augur, but I will accept the fact that season 5 existed, but just barely.

Really, though, I can see the similarities, but that's not a bad thing. To get my sister to watch it, I called the V's "Taelons, but prettier." And she watched! I imagine from here on out, the similarities will pretty much stop. Erica's resistance and Boone's resistance are completely different as are the obstacles, both personal and professional, that they face.
      sigpic

Comment

Ah, so the original V took the idea from the ancient Greeks with the Trojan horse
        Spoiler:
        and the Greeks in turn stole everything from BSG
        "Most people who are watching TV are semi-catatonic. They're not fully alive." - U.S. District Court Judge Timothy Batten Sr.
        Ronald Greer is also a medic. Your argument is invalid.
        Originally posted by J-Whitt Remastered
        Secondly, I think that everything DigiFluid is good.
        Sandcastle Builder: The game of XKCD: Time

Comment

I was doing some research into this whole topic and ran across this article written in 1999.

http://www.littlereview.com/getcriti...alk/majel2.htm

"When Gene would work on something, if it didn't get picked up and done right away, he'd put it on a back burner...or in the waste basket," she explains. "I'd go around and pull stuff out. I've got gobs and gobs of ideas, all of which would be very good if they were developed."

The television show V came into existence about six months after Roddenberry initially shelved Earth: Final Conflict, and Barrett doesn't think that was coincidental. "They had read his premise; it came out of 20th [Century Fox], it came out of the same department. Somebody was standing right there and picked it up. They gave it to somebody else and said, change it enough. So V went out, which was actually Earth: Final Conflict, although we didn't have them eating people! We could have sued them, but at the time the head of the studio was a good friend of ours, and Gene was the one who had left, so he decided that he wouldn't do anything about it. But these shows were sitting all around the studios, and if the studios liked the ideas, they went ahead and used them."

Very interesting... I have an original EFC script. I'll have to go check it out to see if there are any similarities there.

Comment

Working...
          X