X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have it on DVD but I haven't watched it yet. It seems good though

Comment

I liked it, however I don't think the scene in the beginning with the exposure of Will Smith's buttox was entirely necessary. Why was it in there?

Comment

I liked the movie -- it's a very entertaining popcorn action flick.

It is not, however, based on the book. It's "inspired by." Asimov's original collection of short stories is a different animal altogether -- more intellectual, with each story telling a different variation on the idea of the three rules.
        GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
        The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
        Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Originally posted by Darren
          It is not, however, based on the book. It's "inspired by." Asimov's original collection of short stories is a different animal altogether -- more intellectual, with each story telling a different variation on the idea of the three rules.
          I believe that they dropped right the way back to 'suggested by' on this one, actually.
          Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
          - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

I would buy the dvd cause it seems like a movie I would like. I'm waiting though. Japan got a 2 disk set so you know FOX is gonna release another. I'll prolly end up renting it.
            "...smart, funny, exciting, touching..." - Newsday

Comment

I was a big fan of the book. I didn't see it in theaters, so I'm a little worried that it's going to ruin them for me.
              A Quick Word from the Far Side of the Galaxy

Comment

Australia's got the 2 disc version as well.

Comment

Yes this is an old thread. But I must say. I freaking love this movie. Every single time it is on I have to watch it. For a while I thought it was only every time it was on because it was on HBO HD and looked great. But even on FX its just a really good movie. Gives me chills. I love all the characters, the acting is great. I love the story, sure its not the classic story but its awesome. Special effects are awesome. Movie gives me chills.

"...it just seems so ... heartless"
                  "you have so gotta die"

Funny, because you can even use this as social commentary. How everyone is trying to legislate security by voting the rights away of other people. They dont like smokers, they dont like people that eat fat foods, they dont like people that drive their cars without seatbelts. Eventually they wont like mountain climbers or swimmers or people that eat sugary food. In their desire to "protect others" they take peoples rights away. "Their logic is undeniable"....but oh so heartless.
                  Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

I found this movie hard to hear; the sound of Isaac Asimov rotating in his grave was so loud it drowned out the dialogue.

As an action movie, it wasn't bad. But it basically embraced every sci-fi robot cliche that Asimov rejected (Frankenstein complex, justified technophobia, etc.), and the incident that caused Spooner's robo-hate was based on a complete misinterpretation of the Three Laws. And the thought of Doctor Susan Calvin, revered elder stateswoman of robotic studies, reimagined as a supermodel makes me kind of ill.

Makes me wonder if I can resurrect Isaac Asimov and send his zombified corpse to beat the crap out of the filmmakers. I'm working on doing that for H.G. Wells too...
                    Through Life's dull road, so dim and dirty
                    I have dragged to three-and-thirty.
                    What have these years left to me?
                    Nothing, except thirty-three.

- Lord Byron

Dispatches From the Suburbs of Hell

The Pit

Comment

Ron Moore of BSG fame is supposedly writing a sequel to I, Robot. The writer of the article doesn't know if it's an actual sequel to Will Smith's movie or a different rendition closer to Asimov's story.

I actually enjoyed the movie but I went into it expecting more Hollywood than Asimov. I'm not a big Smith fan, but the story was interesting and the action scenes, especially the final fight in the corp building, were full of Matrix-y goodness.

Comment

I have to agree with most of the comments here. I know the story isn't true to Asimov but I watched it expecting the movie to be "Hollywooded" as normal and enjoyed the movie just for what it was.

I'm interested to find out what the next movie would be about though. I could handle a sequel if it is just to the I,Robot movie and they don't try to butcher Asimov's stories anymore
                        "But I want to do community service, I want to teach the handicapped how to yodel"

Comment

I really liked this film. I remember buying it the first day it was available for sale. That alone proves how much I liked it, since I almost never pay full price for movies.
                          sigpic
                          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                          "...phu...ah..."
                          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

It was actually not a bad movie, I just don't feel it should have been called I, Robot.
                            All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

Working...
                            X