This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IMForeman
    Rob Thomas said he bought a set of bootlegs off Ebay... and he created it. He also said it's unlikely to be released on DVD.
    Wow, that's ironic. It would be even better if he was sued for copyright infringments by whoever actually owns the copyright.
    "I would rather have a show that a hundred people need to see than a thousand people like to see." - Joss Whedon
    "It's strange to have a creation out there: A deeply mutated version of yourself, running loose and screwing everything up. I wonder if this is how parents feel." - Dexter

Comment

I wonder if he got his copies from the same person I did.

Boy, y'know, thinking about it... how scary would THAT be? You're selling bootlegs of a TV show on ebay and the winning bidder is the executive producer of the show. LOL! I know I'd be thinking, "Oh crap! I am SO BUSTED!"

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
        I wonder if he got his copies from the same person I did.
        I got mine from a source of information that could only be called torrential.
        "There's not a little boy born who wouldn't tear the world apart to save his mummy... and this little boy can." --The Doctor.
        "The plastic tips at the ends of shoelaces are called Aglets. Their true purpose is sinister."--The Question.
        BAD WOLF!!!

Comment

Ahh, I remember seeing this a few years ago - definately liked it. Very good

JP was excellent as was Paula...
          I don't remember JoeF on the show...but this certinately does help
          It's a joke. My way of deflecting attention from my own obvious heroism. You'll get used to it.

Comment

Huh, I never saw or remember hearing about Cupid. What station was it on?
            sigpic
            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
            "...phu...ah..."
            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man
              Huh, I never saw or remember hearing about Cupid. What station was it on?
              ABC, if Tv.com is to be trusted: http://www.tv.com/cupid-1998/show/44...y.html?q=cupid .
              "I would rather have a show that a hundred people need to see than a thousand people like to see." - Joss Whedon
              "It's strange to have a creation out there: A deeply mutated version of yourself, running loose and screwing everything up. I wonder if this is how parents feel." - Dexter

Comment

So... poll time.

Was Trevor really Cupid? Or was he just a crazy guy? Was he Preston Milke?

My answers are: Probably not. Probably. No.

-IMF
                "There's not a little boy born who wouldn't tear the world apart to save his mummy... and this little boy can." --The Doctor.
                "The plastic tips at the ends of shoelaces are called Aglets. Their true purpose is sinister."--The Question.
                BAD WOLF!!!

Comment

I don't think he was Milke, but as for the whole is he/isn't he thing, well, you could go the conventional route and say, "Does it really matter?" HE believed he was Cupid, he made others believe it, and he was bringing people together. I think that's the most important thing.

Speaking for myself, though, the dreamer in me WANTS him to be Cupid. I want to believe that such things are possible- and this is coming from someone who is jaded and cynical and ready to believe the worst of everything. This show gave me hope.

That aside, though, everyone needs a little magic in their lives, and Cupid (or Trevor, if you must) provided that in spades.

I also love the idea of Cupid/Claire being the 100th match.

Gods, how I wish this show had continued! Maybe I WILL write to Rob and beg him to write Cupid novels.

Comment

Looks like Flanigan was being "kirked" long before Atlantis! LOL!
                    http://www.myspace.com/peoples_general
                    http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/ga...PeoplesGeneral

Comment

Originally posted by Peoples_General
                      Looks like Flanigan was being "kirked" long before Atlantis! LOL!
                      Do you even BOTHER to understand the difference between kirking and a relationship, or do you just run around pointing randomly?

Claire and Alex were in a relationship. Say the word with me: RE-LA-TION-SHIP. They were "involved", they were dating, they were a frakking COUPLE, FFS.

Kirking is having meaningless sex with random, one-ep strangers. Claire wasn't meaningless, she wasn't random, she was in a hell of a lot more than one ep, and she was not a stranger!!

Gods, people. Get your frakking facts straight.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                        Do you even BOTHER to understand the difference between kirking and a relationship, or do you just run around pointing randomly?

Claire and Alex were in a relationship. Say the word with me: RE-LA-TION-SHIP. They were "involved", they were dating, they were a frakking COUPLE, FFS.

Kirking is having meaningless sex with random, one-ep strangers. Claire wasn't meaningless, she wasn't random, she was in a hell of a lot more than one ep, and she was not a stranger!!

Gods, people. Get your frakking facts straight.

Completely true. Alex met Claire in Episode 6 of Cupid "Meat Market", and they dated seriously, him falling hard for her, until episode 9 "End of An Eros" when he moved to New York. They had a long distance relationship which would have ended in episode 17 "Chapter Six" had they ever got round to filming it.
                        BAD WOLF!!!

Comment

Ack! I'm realizing just how little I remember of this show. *sigh* I don't recall her being in a relationship at all. How can I have such fond memories and love for a show I obviously don't remember much?

I am so blessed! Cherriey made this cool sig; scarimor made this great Dr. Lee smilie and Spudster made another neat one Dr. Lee RULES!

Myn's fabulous twilight bark smilie:

Comment

Originally posted by warmbeachbrat
                            Ack! I'm realizing just how little I remember of this show. *sigh* I don't recall her being in a relationship at all. How can I have such fond memories and love for a show I obviously don't remember much?
                            Oh, that was a great ep! Trevor bet Claire that he could find her the absolutely perfect guy for her and she still wouldn't be attracted to him. Well, he found the guy (Alex, as played by Joe Flanigan), but contrary to what he had expected, Claire really clicked with Alex, leaving poor Trevor out in the cold. *sigh*

I feel a compulsion to go watch my DVDs.

Comment

How did I miss this news?!

http://www.variety.com/article/VR111...goryid=14&cs=1

I am so blessed! Cherriey made this cool sig; scarimor made this great Dr. Lee smilie and Spudster made another neat one Dr. Lee RULES!

Myn's fabulous twilight bark smilie:

Comment

Yeah, I remain warily hopeful that it'll actually happen. And that it won't get mired down by too much Hollywoodism. *huggles Cupid* It's still one of my top five favorite shows.

Comment

Working...
                                X