Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DVDs ( Non SG related Scifi show recommendations,anyone ? )

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by escyos View Post
    ummm you are aware that there are hundreds of things that interrelate throughout the seasons that they couldnt just make up, they had to have had a plan for that.

...and the islandi isnt time travelling, the people are.
    Well, I didn't watch long enough to know if it was the island or the people. I just saw time traveling happening and then thought, "jumping shark...now."

And yes, I am aware that things connect throughout the seasons. But nothing connects in a way that couldn't be thrown in later, after the writers made something up to explain it.

I'm not saying people shouldn't watch it. If you like it, watch away! But for me...I got tired of waiting for answers and watching the show go steadily downhill.

Comment

Originally posted by escyos View Post
      Monk -never saw too much, looked good
      Psych - never heard of it
      24 - such a bore
      Prison Break - waste of time, why is it called prison break later on, they arent breaking out of prison
      By the way, Psych is fantastic and has unending pop culture references. A great show.

24 (especially the earlier seasons) is one of the most addictive and awesome shows ever. Every episode ends in a way that makes you want to tune in and find out what will happen. Then you find out...unlike Lost.

Prison Break was a great show for the first couple of seasons...the break and the manhunt. After that, rubbish. But those first couple of seasons are definitely worth watching.

Comment

Supernatural has been consistently awesome over the past 4 seasons.
        "God save us from half the people who think they're doing God's work." - Dean Winchester

Comment

^^ Yes, yes! Supernatural is amazing! I can't believe I didn't post it. I was thinking of shows that ended.
          sigpic

Comment

its not on dvd, but if you have the sci fi ch 'mysterious ways' is worth a look...
            Last edited by katjoy; 15 September 2009, 02:17 AM.
            "...but I think if I were to describe myself in pure feminist forms, I would say I want equality. We want respect not because we're women, but simply because we're human beings..." AT 'Live peace. Speak kindness. Dwell in possibility.'

Comment

Babylon 5 - IMHO, the pinnacle of a science fiction show
              Dr Who - if you want slightly campy fun, light on the 'realism'
              Torchwood - a more adult tilt, grimmer but from the same folks that made Dr Who
              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

1. Doctor Who, is very good. (New)
                2. Firefly
                3. Eureka
                4. Torchwood
                5. Fringe

Comment

It's from the early 90's, so you might not easily find it but if you do, it's worth it:

Space Above and Beyond, from the early writers of the X-Files, Glen Morgan and James Wong. It starts a bit lame (all that macho warrrior talk) but I garantee you it will grow on you and the story will develop to unexpected places. My favourite episode is the "Angriest of Angels".
                  If you ever watched 24 (which I hate), you'll recognize James Morrison.
                  sigpic
                  Beautiful signature and avatar by Yamiinsane. You're a mind reader!
                  Aristides de Sousa Mendes

Comment

oh yeah, that was a great show.

the only warning....it got canned after one season and ended on a cliffie.

wong and morgan, the creators, were involved in the x-files at the time, so if you're an x-files fan you'll recognize them.

Another show that died before it's time - only had 6 episodes - was Space Rangers. It was a really unique Scifi show by Pen Densham, but it was on a network so never really stood a chance.
                    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    X