Misfits (E4) - News/Discussion/Speculation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KEK View Post
    Massive plot hole in the Christmas special.

Spoiler:
    Curtis rewound time to before Simon sound out about future Simon in the finale, so why does he still know all about him now?
    Oh dude. Oh lol.

Three months later? The fact that she slipped up once in an alternate timeline and could do so again? Maybe she didn't want to lose contact with him after their community service, they started dating or something, and the truth soon came out?

Have some imagination. We were practically shown the basics of what would happen in episode six, just assume the same but slightly different in the special.
    ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

Still a bit weak in my view. I don't think that's the sort of thing the audience should be expected to 'assume'.

Comment

I've enjoyed Misfits since the beginning as a slightly different Sci-Fi show. The comedy, for me anyway was always secondary and for the most part never just jumped out at me. That is until the Christmas Special. Near the end, the scene with Nathan, had me truly, just about crying because I was laughing so hard. I know that finding something like that funny, would be hard for a lot of people. Maybe I'm a little warped, but I swear that segment tickled me like nothing I've seen on television in a long time. What was almost better was the way the rest of the cast reacted to him.

If you haven't watched the show and if you just watched that segment, you probably would never come back for more. But to me it was like the culmination of the characters growth with one another since the beginning. I know I'll be right here, waiting for more when it returns next year!

Comment

I forgot the episode but what segment are you talking about? Put it in spoilers?

Comment

Originally posted by jmoz View Post
            I forgot the episode but what segment are you talking about? Put it in spoilers?
            OK, But don't read this if you are still entertaining the thought of watching the series or if you've just had lunch...

Spoiler:
            After the birth of the baby and the out of character but touching song which Nathan sang, the girl announces that she's having another one and Nathan says he's going down to investigate. He jumps up and with his typical way he exclaims that she's have a &%$+@ alien and that he will take care of it. He then proceeds to yank out the afterbirth with umbilical still attached stomps the living devil out of it while the whole rest of the crew gets splattered with blood! OK, you gotta see it, but it was one of the funniest scenes I've every experienced!

Comment

Oh yeahhhh, LOL, that was gross. I could have sworn they were looking at the camera. I was going what the hell the entire time.

Comment

'Misfits' leads Broadcast Awards winners

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/s145/...s-winners.html

The E4 series Misfits triumphed at last night's 2011 Broadcast Awards.

The show, which focuses on a group of community service participants who receive superpowers, picked up prizes for 'Best Multichannel Programme' and 'Best New Programme'.

Elsewhere, the 'Best Drama Series or Serial' honour went to Sherlock, and The Thick Of It won 'Best Comedy Programme'. The 'Best Single Drama' award went to the BBC's Small Island.

Meanwhile, the 'Channel Of The Year' prize went to Misfits' home E4.

Comment

How come all the good bbc shows are clumped together in one part of the year.

Comment

SFX Awards Winners Announced

http://www.sfx.co.uk/2011/02/05/sfx-...ers-announced/

Misfits wins SFX's Breakout Of The Year and is runner up for Best TV Show.

Comment

oooo i picked up 3 of those books that were nom'd but didnt care about the prachett. yayyyyy for mario winning and wheeeeee for dr who

Comment

Some news: Robert Sheehan (Nathan) is leaving the show.

Not. Cool.

~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

Comment

Originally posted by MattSilver 3k View Post
                          There goes the show.

Comment

Yeah, as much as I love Simon and all, I mean... It's Nathan. And they're probably gonna replace him with an Expy of epic failure. Like wow.

This is harsh.

Comment

I've only watched one ep so far, but really liked it I love the way their powers are so closely related to their personalities. looking forward to catching up on the rest before S3 airs (whenever that will be...).
                              sigpic

Comment

It's really unfortunate that Robert Sheehan (Nathan) is leaving the show. Although he's not necessarily critical to the show's forward progress, he was the linchpin for the majority of the show's humor. Of all the TV I have watched, I don't believe I've ever experienced a character quite like Nathan. He will be missed as a Misfit, that's for sure...

Comment

Working...
                                X