Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heh, Digi. I've seen a lot of hate for Lexx around forums, but I'm in the absolutely adore camp. I reckon rockerlad should definitely give this one a go.

Originally posted by Descent View Post
    Hmm, I wonder why...

Someone mentioned Space: Above and Beyond and it's military science fiction like BSG, so that one might do it for you.
    Yes and that's why I loved SAaB so much. It's also mostly human focussed, so that should make it right up rockerlad's street.

As for NuBSG, I could take it or leave it - I've not seen the final season yet and I'm in no hurry to get started on it. However, once I do pick it up, it always draws me right in.
    "Captain, you almost make me believe in luck."

Comment

Try bablyon 5, X files, star trek, alien nation, quantum leap, threshold (didnt end but still good with the few episodes)
      There is nothing to be gained by second guessing yourself. You can't remake the past, so look ahead...or risk being left behind

Comment

Originally posted by Missster.Freeman View Post
        Heh, Digi. I've seen a lot of hate for Lexx around forums, but I'm in the absolutely adore camp.
        You and me both, you and me both

I just wish there were DVDs in production for it; the ones that were out previously were ridiculously expensive--particularly consider that, as far as I know, they were all barebones releases. The only one I have is this one.

Originally posted by Missster.Freeman View Post
        As for NuBSG, I could take it or leave it - I've not seen the final season yet and I'm in no hurry to get started on it. However, once I do pick it up, it always draws me right in.
        I gotta recommend getting on that....S4 is far more balanced and even than S3 was; all the way through it feels like they're approaching their endgame. Great final season
        "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
          I gotta recommend getting on that....S4 is far more balanced and even than S3 was; all the way through it feels like they're approaching their endgame. Great final season
          Couldn't agree more with Digi on this one. Season 4 was just a really great final season. Compared to the handful of Season 3 episodes I didn't care for, there's only one in Season 4. Get to it!
          sigpic
          "Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence."
          DS9 Superior|Farscape|Legend of the Seeker|Stargate Universe|STAR WARS

Comment

Yu can try Sanctuary :-)
            Willen, Teslen and totally addicted to Helen Magnus! Amanda's fan.
            / Twitter / FanFiction / CZ Blog /

Comment

Both Legend of the Seeker and space above and beyond look quite good (watched a few clips on youtube) so i will give these a go i think V looks decent as well. thanks for the help guys
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett View Post
                :|

Poorly made?
                It looks cheap that's wha i mean
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Samantha.Majka View Post
                  Yu can try Sanctuary :-)
                  Hated it
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                    You and me both, you and me both

I just wish there were DVDs in production for it; the ones that were out previously were ridiculously expensive--particularly consider that, as far as I know, they were all barebones releases. The only one I have is this one.

It's a real shame Lexx is hard to come by. It's a fantastic show. I liked how each season differed slightly. My favourite season is still the first one when they were TV movies. There wasn't really a weak season for me, except maybe the third season "Fire and Water", which dragged a bit in places even though it only had 13 episodes.

I've got a shedload of stuff still to watch, but I'll get to BSG season four as soon as possible.
                    "Captain, you almost make me believe in luck."

Comment

Originally posted by pookey View Post
                      each to his own.
                      once youve watched sg1 and sga its difficult (IMO) for any other show to match up to it. the only other american scifi show i know is Crusade.
                      Yikes!!!

I'm a B5 fan, but I couldn't even watch that.
                      IMO always implied.

Comment

Originally posted by LoneStar1836 View Post
                        Yikes!!!

I'm a B5 fan, but I couldn't even watch that.
                        Hmm? Is it worse than some of the stuff they did in Seasons 1 and 5??

Still haven't gotten through Season 5 yet, so...
                        sigpic
                        "Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence."
                        DS9 Superior|Farscape|Legend of the Seeker|Stargate Universe|STAR WARS

Comment

Still haven't gotten through Season 5 yet, so...
                          Get on that

I know the first half of the season is pretty painful (Fabio the Telepath), but the second half is wonderful stuff.
                          "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Hmm, I wonder why...
                            I don't know what you mean?

People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint... it happens to kinda look like the name 'Jeremy Bearimy' in cursive English.

Comment

star trek, sanctuary, the x-files...
                              "...but I think if I were to describe myself in pure feminist forms, I would say I want equality. We want respect not because we're women, but simply because we're human beings..." AT 'Live peace. Speak kindness. Dwell in possibility.'

Comment

Defying gravity starting up on ABC today at 9 PM, available world wide by tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
                                X