The Superman Movie Series News/Trailers & General Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nx01a View Post
    The man knows how to make a comic book movie. And a cool slow motion action shot. The new Superman movie is sure to have all the action the last one lacked. Considering the outcomes for the heroes in his previous comic movies, I think a Death of Superman plot might not be too far from the truth.
    Man would that be an amazing movie. Definitely worthy of a sequel or trilogy.
    sigpic
    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
      Man would that be an amazing movie. Definitely worthy of a sequel or trilogy.
      I would love to see the Death and Return of Superman trilogy!

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
        I would love to see the Death and Return of Superman trilogy!
        I would definitely be on-board with that idea.
        sigpic
        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
        "...phu...ah..."
        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

...and so the Superman casting rumours begin...
          sigpic
          More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Why not just stick with Routh? I thought he did a good job.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
              Why not just stick with Routh? I thought he did a good job.
              Well he was very boring, for one. Plus his Superman was kind of a stalker too (spying on Lois through her window, honestly...). I think the new guy needs a different approach to make it much more entertaining.
              I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
              Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

Originally posted by Admiral Mappalazarou View Post
                Well he was very boring, for one. Plus his Superman was kind of a stalker too (spying on Lois through her window, honestly...). I think the new guy needs a different approach to make it much more entertaining.
                I liked Routh alot, but the stalker thing always makes me laugh.
                Last edited by Replicator Todd; 19 November 2010, 12:54 PM.

Comment

Superman has always been a stalker. Thats why he always is around to save Lois
                  Originally posted by aretood2
                  Jelgate is right

Comment

The best thing about the Superman movie series is the hilarious stories Kevin Smith tells about his involvement in the early development of one of the movies.

Comment

Originally posted by Admiral Mappalazarou View Post
                      Boring? Guess we didn't see the same movie. And Superman ALWAYS watches people to make sure he's there to save people. I just think its ridicuous to reboot a movie series and then reboot it again. That approach is getting old.
                      sigpic

Comment

Superman in Returns was a bit of a stalker. It was like he couldn't deal with Lois moving on, but it doesn't really help that Lois hasn't moved on either and seems to be holding back her marriage because of it.

sigpic

Comment

Once you go Superman...

The Superman that Routh played was just written strangely. I think his performance suffered from that, not to mention that the whole film was a weird homage to the first Superman movies, and his acting was an homage to Christopher Reeve.

It might be best to break completely with the past and start a new mythos.
                          sigpic
                          More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Once you go Superman...
                            Well depending on which version of Superman II you watch, she either doesn't remember it, or they took the cheap route and had Superman reverse time so it never happened. Since Returns is supposed to be based on the Lester cut (with Superman using his clingfilm shield, Zod has a white telekenesis beam power and makes Lois forget everything), makes me wonder how she reacted to magically having a baby. So as far as she's concerned, never happened.

The Superman that Routh played was just written strangely. I think his performance suffered from that, not to mention that the whole film was a weird homage to the first Superman movies, and his acting was an homage to Christopher Reeve.

I agree. Routh never got the chance to really be his own Superman and out of all the main characters, probably had the least to say. I think that he should be allowed to continue as Superman, not just because he was Superman in the first, but because I think that he could be a great Superman if given the chance. He could be the person who people think of Superman 20 years from now, just as we consider Reeve to be our Superman.

sigpic

Comment

Once you go Superman...

Yes, I concur. It did seem to be an homage to Christopher Reeves. And it seemed like Routh was channeling Reeves during the movie. While I did enjoy the movie, it would've been nice if Routh could've put his own touch on the movie.
                              sigpic

Comment

For the entire movie, I was like, "If Lois doesn't remember having sex, how can she explain being pregnant? Is she passing off the kid as poor Perry Jr's? That skank! The real Lois wouldn't be like this!"

Superman Returns suffered from several issues, from the writing for the characters being off, to the wrong actors filling the roles. Kate Bosworth was no Lois Lane, and the movies' Lex Luthor interpretation was never good... now matter how good the actor playing him was.

I just hope that an infusion of 'The Dark Knight' blood will bring Superman back to life on the silver screen.
                                sigpic
                                More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Working...
                                X