Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Transformers Revenge post viewing thread.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eviladam View Post
    Meh I've noticed a trend that on the whole Autobots are weaker alt modes. They take the form of cars and trucks and try to blend in. I think that's been used pretty effectivelly as a foil for the Decepticons. Because then it's "Oh s#$%. Here come the cons and they're tanks and planes and helicopters and cop cars and bull dozers." Kinda accents their essential ruthless and bloodthirsty nature.
    Well yeah that's always been the case. Even in the Beast Wars the Maximals were all mamals (with the exception of Dinobot who was an Ex-Predacon) while the Predacons were all Dinosaurs or insects. I agree that in general the Autobots should be in weaker Altmodes. But if there was an Airborne Autobot in the bunch I can't think of a commercial plane or helicopter that would quite look right for an autobot.....except concorde but that'd be ....well big.
    Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by Jonzey View Post
      But why not use those swords all the time?
      The film reel wouldn't be able to handle the awesomeness, it would burst into flames.
      "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by L E E View Post
        I think Soundwave rocked in this movie. He may not have the original voice, but the design and the concept is great, IMO. I am so glad he didn't turn into a casette deck. As always, Soundwave accomplished his mission, which is intelligence gathering.
        True, he rocked. I just wish he'd rocked MORE. But then again maybe it's better this way. Leaving him as is means less chance of him getting screwed up by Michael Bay.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
          True, he rocked. I just wish he'd rocked MORE. But then again maybe it's better this way. Leaving him as is means less chance of him getting screwed up by Michael Bay.
          At least Soundwave is still around to pop up in the third movie.
          sigpic
          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
          "...phu...ah..."
          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I think Soundwave rocked in this movie. He may not have the original voice
            Technically he DID have the original voice. The same person that did his voice in the g1 cartoon did it for this movie. It just wasn't synthesized like it used to be.
            Jack likes being invisible.

(in shower) Sir, are you in here?

(invisible) Nope.

Comment

well i dont get all the hate towards bay....he has made some pretty dam good action movies.i dont hear anyone cracking on romero for making zombie movie only,sandler for his comedies or craven for his horror yet bay is great with action and every one rags on him?dont get it!

Comment

Actually I loathe Adam Sandler, don't care much about Romero and think Craven is worn out, but that would be a bit off topic here, wouldn't it?

Comment

Oh Yeah! I liked Soundwaves incarnation in this movie, he was exactly what he needed to be.

BTW, Soundwave in the movie sounds exactly like Dr Claw(Frank Welker, again), maybe they should have synthesized it! Because everytime I watch this movie now, I will be imagining Soundwave saying "I'll get you next time Prime, next time" LOL!
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by GuHNDoi View Post
                    Oh Yeah! I liked Soundwaves incarnation in this movie, he was exactly what he needed to be.

BTW, Soundwave in the movie sounds exactly like Dr Claw(Frank Welker, again), maybe they should have synthesized it! Because everytime I watch this movie now, I will be imagining Soundwave saying "I'll get you next time Prime, next time" LOL!
                    HA! I said the exact same thing to the friend I saw it with!
                    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                      The film reel wouldn't be able to handle the awesomeness, it would burst into flames.

I agree. Too much

And regarding Soundwave, I didn't know that the original VA voiced him. I think the synth voice is cooler. But that's IMHO. I also would have wanted more Soundwave exposure, but I am happy with what I got. What's important is he survived, which means he'll be back in TF3! Do we get to see Laserbeak and Rumble next? Too bad Ravage is dead.
                      Last edited by L E E; 06 July 2009, 07:13 PM.

Comment

I agree. Too much

And regarding Soundwave, I didn't know that the original VA voiced him. I think the synth voice is cooler. But that's IMHO. I also would have wanted more Soundwave exposure, but I am happy with what I got. What's important is he survived, which means he'll be back in TF3! Do we get to see Laserbeak and Rumble next? Too bad Ravage is dead.
                        Yeah, Bumblebee jacked him up good. It was a cool death though.
                        sigpic
                        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                        "...phu...ah..."
                        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Working...
                        X