Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What favorite scifi ,horror or fantasy book do want to see make it to the big screen?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Flyattractor View Post
    I wouldn't mind seeing Steve Alten's MEG get a decent handling for the big screen.
    Yeah, it's pretty much been in development hell for the past fifteen years.
    sigpic
    Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
    To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
    And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Originally posted by BruTak View Post
      I'd love to see someone take on The Belgariad.

With enough care and attention to detail, it could well rival the Lord of the Rings.
      100% with you, maybe including parts from Belgarath the Sorcerer and Polgara the Sorceress for set-up and flashback scenes. Wouldn't mind seeing The Elenium and The Tamuli adapted either.

I would love for something to be done with James Clemens' "The Banned and The Banished" series.

Comment

Originally posted by Vella View Post
        100% with you, maybe including parts from Belgarath the Sorcerer and Polgara the Sorceress for set-up and flashback scenes. Wouldn't mind seeing The Elenium and The Tamuli adapted either.

I would love for something to be done with James Clemens' "The Banned and The Banished" series.
        Liam Neeson would be perfect to play Sparhawk.
        sigpic
        Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,

Comment

I would love for something to be done with "The Banned and the Banished" series as well.

Also, it's been awhile since I read them, but I remember really loving Melanie Rawn's "Dragon Prince" and "Dragon Star" trilogies and I think they could make a good tv or movie series.
          sigpic

Comment

I'd love to see the Belgariad and the Malloreon get made into films. The Elenium and Tamuli series however shouldn't be filmed imo as they weren't nearly as good as the other two series. Plus it felt like I was re-reading the Belgariad and the Malloreon all over again when reading the Elenium and Tamuli

Comment

Originally posted by Wyrminarrd View Post
              I'd love to see the Belgariad and the Malloreon get made into films. The Elenium and Tamuli series however shouldn't be filmed imo as they weren't nearly as good as the other two series. Plus it felt like I was re-reading the Belgariad and the Malloreon all over again when reading the Elenium and Tamuli
              What about Eddings's stand alone novel "The Redemption of Althalus"?
              sigpic

Comment

I'd love to see a "proper" Warhammer 40,000 or Fantasy movie or mini-series.
                Something with a massive battle, like the one in the Gaunt's Ghosts series (the various sieges, or the one from Necropolis which had tank battles).

I'd like to see an Honor Harrington movie/mini-series, too.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Wyrminarrd View Post
                  The Elenium and Tamuli series however shouldn't be filmed imo as they weren't nearly as good as the other two series. Plus it felt like I was re-reading the Belgariad and the Malloreon all over again when reading the Elenium and Tamuli
                  See, I have the good fortune to have read these before The Belgariad and The Malloreon so the order for me went: "Some books I greatly enjoyed" to "Some even better books". As for The Redemption of Althalus, I haven't read it and I can't believe I've completely forgotten about that! Now I know what book to read next.

Comment

Originally posted by BruTak View Post
                    What about Eddings's stand alone novel "The Redemption of Althalus"?
                    Haven't read that one. I do however think that stand alone books are a lot less likely to be filmed since studios want properties that they build into multi film franchises.

How has Eddings writing been recently? From the reviews I've read it seemed like his recent work wasn't nearly as good as his older stuff.

Comment

Sad to say, David Eddings passed away in June of 2009.
                      sigpic

Comment

Wheel of Time and Genesis of Shannara would be nice cable shows. The latter would make for a good film series.

Comment

Sad to hear about Eddings, his were some of the first fantasy books I ever read and are one of the few series that I re-read from time to time.

Originally posted by Krichton View Post
                          Wheel of Time and Genesis of Shannara would be nice cable shows. The latter would make for a good film series.
                          If they ever do something with the Wheel of Time series then they will really need to prune the point of view characters. If I were doing that series I´d try to focus only on the three Taveren and only include other PoW's if absolutely needed.

Comment

Originally posted by gotthammer View Post
                            I'd like to see an Honor Harrington movie/mini-series, too.
                            Definitely a mini series. That would be great.
                            no means no, and so does pepper spray
                            Sig by The Carpenter
                            sigpic

Comment

I could be wrong, but I'm sure I heard a rumour that someone had bought the right to the Shannara series, and was on the verge of turning The Sword of Shannara into a TV movie.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Krichton View Post
                                So much depends on the people and companies producing it. Compare HBO's Game of Thrones to cable's Sword of Truth series. GoT is first-class, epic television. The Sword of Truth series was awful, just horribly, utterly unwatchable. Only a portion of the difference can be attributed to the source material. Most is due to the budget and vision of the people involved. I can easily see these series going either way.

Comment

Working...
                                X