Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What favorite scifi ,horror or fantasy book do want to see make it to the big screen?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Girlbot View Post
    I agree with you about the ones written with her son. I read one or two that they wrote together, but haven't read any others . Have no desire to continue.
    It's a bit sad really, because he's a reasonably okay author himself, of military fiction. Actually quite a few of Anne's books have uncredited contributions by Todd, particularly those that involve maneuvers in space or military style communication.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Wyrminarrd View Post
      Since there are going to be new Star Wars films I´d love to see the Thrawn Trilogy filmed

the "Mistborn" trilogy by Brandon Sanderson would also make for a great movie series.
      For me, i would love seeing them do the Xwing - wraith squadron 7 book series up to the starting of the Thrawn war.

Comment

I agree about McCaffery's Pern series, I also think her Freedom series could be made into something cool. Anything from Piers Anthony would be fun.

Comment

Thomas Covenant Chronicles by Stephen Donaldson. They once had a plan in for a film but it got shot down because they said it was ''too dark, too LOTR...''.

Currently reading the series and would have been fun to have them on a big screen once I'm done with the books.

Comment

BattleTech : The Warrior Trilogy by Michael A. Stackpole.
            BattleTech : The Blood of Kerensky Trilogy by the same author.
            "What do you mean by 'Oopps'?"
            Team Starfist protects all. But having a fully loaded P-90 helps...
            Reality is an illusion... Created by those who cannot handle Stargate...!
            Jankowski's Rules: Rule 1: Check your Six!
            I'm not perfect. But parts of me are excellent I also cook...!
            To thy own self... Be true
            May the odds.... Be ever in your favour..!

Comment

His Majesty's Dragon, alternate history of the Napoleonic Wars with dragons.
              sigpic
              Save a Man-of-War, ride a Commodore.

Comment

The "Tales of the Ketty Jay" series by Chris Wooding.

Sort of Steampunk version of Firefly/Serenity but in airships.
                sigpic
                Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
                To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
                And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Lloyd Alexander's Pryden series. They were my favorite books when I was a kid.

Comment

I'd love to see someone take on The Belgariad.

With enough care and attention to detail, it could well rival the Lord of the Rings.
                    sigpic
                    Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,

Comment

Originally posted by Morgania View Post
                      His Majesty's Dragon, alternate history of the Napoleonic Wars with dragons.
                      Ah, the Temeraire books! Yes, that would be good fun.
                      Morally Ambiguous Genius Non-Scientist.

ETG is also rambling inanely on DeviantArt | FFNet | Tumblr | Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by EasyThereGenius View Post
                        Ah, the Temeraire books! Yes, that would be good fun.
                        I did hear Peter Jackson was nosing around at one point.
                        sigpic

Comment

Jack Campbell's 'The Lost Fleet' saga,

I could see Daniel Craig as Blackjack Geary.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

I'd love to see the Mistborn trilogy by Brandon Sanderson.

Originally posted by Starfist View Post
                            I did some further thinking about this and...

Dragonflight by Anne McCaffrey. I would love to see this on the big screen.
                            I wanted to read those books soooo badly....I really couldn't get past the writing style, though.
                            || twitter || tumblr ||

Comment

I would like to see the jasper fforde books made in to a series of movies or a tv show... I haven't read it yet, but I always wanted to read it.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sp!der View Post
                                I would like to see the jasper fforde books made in to a series of movies or a tv show... I haven't read it yet, but I always wanted to read it.
                                Ah, yes - if they did "Shades of Grey" - no not THAT one, this one - that would be a great thing to see.
                                Morally Ambiguous Genius Non-Scientist.

ETG is also rambling inanely on DeviantArt | FFNet | Tumblr | Twitter

Comment

Working...
                                X