Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best Sci Fi Movie Ever or Your favourite of all time?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Thunderstorm View Post
    And yes, Escape from LA was stupid. I was so excited when I heard they were making a sequel and it was a wasted of time and money.
    Heh, I never said I hated it. I kinda liked the ridiculousness of it all. Kurt Russell and Peter Fonda "surfing" through LA... jeez.

I also really, really, really liked the ending. "Welcome to the human race." It's a shame they never made that Escape from Earth sequel.
    sigpic
    "Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence."
    DS9 Superior|Farscape|Legend of the Seeker|Stargate Universe|STAR WARS

Comment

Some comment was made in a tech class I'm in today that made me remember how much I loved Star Trek: The Voyage Home. I really enjoy it!

edit: My youngest wants me to add that she loved Minutemen (Disney tv movie). She claims, "Mom, it has a prom and a wormhole!!!!
      sigpic
      Thank you Astra Per Aspera for the sig....... My Fan Fiction

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
        Probably Jurassic Park, virtually every scene in the entire film was memorable.
        dino...droppings? droppings?

Comment

Originally posted by Espeon1962 View Post
          On any one day, I would be likely to cite a different movie from the above list as my favorite.
          so very true!!

Originally posted by dasNdanger View Post
          Very first Star Wars movie all those years ago. It just captivated me, and will always be the best one, imho (AS it originally was shown - NOT with all the CGI enhancements). It was perfect in so many ways...
          das
          I agree!!! Those 3 are probably what started my love of sci-fi.

Originally posted by Missster.Freeman View Post
          I also have to give The Last Starfighter a special mention
          I had forgot about that!

Originally posted by Descent View Post
          Tough one.
          The Thing (probably the best Sci-Fi Horror movie of all time. The special effects were amazing for their time)
          Yes! I love this movie!!

I have to add Starship Troopers just for the total cheese factor. Sometimes you just need to watch a bad/cheesy/funny movie.

Does Tremors count? Love that movie!! and not the sequels....
          sigpic

Comment

Aliens was on last night.
            movie is so badass

Comment

Interesting to note that everyone's choices happens to be an old film which just proves my long helf belief that current scifi from the last 20 years is mostly garbage.

Comment

I couldn't say what the "best" sci-fi movie ever is because so many movies bring something different to the table. I'd have to say my favorite is Star Trek: The Wrath of Khan. Also the original War of the Worlds, Planet of the Apes, and like everyone else yes I like Star Wars (even the new ones are ok). Blade Runner is an incredible movie (it's not my personal favorite, but if one movie HAD to be picked as the "best", I'd say this one should probably be picked). Back to the Future is classic, and I like all of the Trek movies besides Khan (most of all The Undiscovered Country, The Search for Spock, and The Voyage Home). Terminator 2 and Aliens are two other great ones.

Not to put anyone down who list it as one of their favorites, but I really have a hard time understanding how so many people can list Serenity as one of the best sci-fi movies ever. I don't want to debate it or anything, I just don't get it. I'm guessing it's largely because of people's love for Firefly (and frankly I'd say that's why alot of people, including myself, are tempted to give the Stargate movie a higher ranking than it deserves). Oh well, I guess it all comes down to personal taste.
                "Yo, Adrian!" -Rocky in Rocky
                "That'll be the Day" -John Wayne in The Searchers

Comment

the great thing about Serenity is that it's completely relatable. Anyone can watch it. It's not tech-y. It's not overly geeky be any means.
                  It's a space western. With immediately lovable characters, and smart, witty, clever dialogue.
                  It's fun, it's funny, it's a wild ride.

You don't have to be a fan or Firefly to love the hell out of Serenity.

Comment

Originally posted by mrscopterdoc View Post
                    I have to add Starship Troopers just for the total cheese factor. Sometimes you just need to watch a bad/cheesy/funny movie.

Does Tremors count? Love that movie!! and not the sequels....
                    Starship Troopers is hilariously cheesy/bad... while the sequels are just bad.

I liked Tremors 2.
                    sigpic
                    "Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence."
                    DS9 Superior|Farscape|Legend of the Seeker|Stargate Universe|STAR WARS

Comment

Hmmm... I don't really think of Tremors as sci-fi. Other than the few times you see the creatures, nothing else is really sci fi ish. But still a really really good movie. Tremors 2 was ok, not terrible but not anywhere close to the 1st one. And then there was the tv series, which was a couple more rungs down the ladder.
                      sigpic

To see the complete animated picture timeline of the comet landing - http://xkcd1446.org/#7

From the wonderful XKCD site http://xkcd.com/1446/

Comment

yeah i would definitely consider the Tremors series to be realisitic fiction.

:rollseyes

Comment

Working...
                        X