Wheel of Time Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Care View Post
    So, anybody reading ToM? I am loving it so far. Maybe not as much as TGS, but it still kept me up all night.
    Yeah, agree, I liked it but not as much as the previous one. Think the Moraine and Thom thing was pretty far-fetched. Mat was just awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by jmoz View Post
      Yeah, agree, I liked it but not as much as the previous one. Think the Moraine and Thom thing was pretty far-fetched. Mat was just awesome.
      A lot of people are saying that about Thom and Moiraine. I knew it would happen for years so I wasn't shocked.

Spoiler:
      When I told my husband (who hasn't read the last two books yet, he says he's waiting) that Moiraine should be rescued in ToM, he said "So Thom is finally gona get some?"
      sigpic

Comment

Really enjoyed ToM - so great to have Rand back! He even managed to take Cadsuane down a peg. Great job by Brandon Sanderson in picking up the mantle, once or twice the humourous scenes came off a bit too comic relief compared to Jordan's style for me but generally an amazingly good mesh.

Sooooo long for the conclusion
        "There is only one universe. It can only contain one life. It is me." - MorningLightMountain

Comment

I got chills when Rand told the group in uh that protected from the one power place that he was only blocked from the one power. The threat behind that was crazy. Wonder what all the true source stuff is about anyways.

Comment

Yeah that bit is awesome

Spoiler:
            In Far Madding (or Aren Deshar or the other old name for it that Rand plucks from his newfound memories) facing down the 'rebel' Borderlanders. "The Guardian blocks the One Power. The One Power only." Confuses Cadsuane with that one too hehe

I have a feeling we may see a bit more of the True Power and understand it a bit better by the end of the series. At least we've seen no sign of the Saa in Rand from his limited exposure to it.
            "There is only one universe. It can only contain one life. It is me." - MorningLightMountain

Comment

I can't believe this hasn't been discussed but

Spoiler:
              What about Avienda's experience in that magic thing (sorry don't want to attempt to spell it right now), about the future of her people. Can she change it? And according to her visions, Rand lives after? But the Aiel die out and the Senachen take over.

Part of me wonders if Jordan did that little bit to hint at a sequel about a potential insurrection in the far future against the senachen empire.

Comment

Originally posted by jmoz View Post
                I can't believe this hasn't been discussed but

Spoiler:
                What about Avienda's experience in that magic thing (sorry don't want to attempt to spell it right now), about the future of her people. Can she change it? And according to her visions, Rand lives after? But the Aiel die out and the Senachen take over.

Part of me wonders if Jordan did that little bit to hint at a sequel about a potential insurrection in the far future against the senachen empire.
                Yeah confusing / worrying that is..
                Spoiler:

From what we've seen already I take Aviendha's Rhuidean vision as a possible future rather than set in stone. Now that she's had the vision maybe there is some way she can prevent the events unfolding that way or talk to Rand about the Seanchan. Personally I'd like to see Rand take a day or two to single-handedly crush the Seanchan, at least those on this side of the Aryth ocean. Can't stand them at all, everything about them from da'covale to marath damane screams 'eat balefire' to me!

Comment

I love the Seanchan! They're Asians and Blacks with Texan accents!
                  If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!
                  Check out Pharaoh Hamenthotep's wicked 3D renders here!
                  If you can prove me wrong, go for it. I enjoy being proven wrong.

sigpic
                  Worship the Zefron. Always the Zefron.

Comment

They're annoying, some of em. They're so singular minded about conquest. They don't see the bigger picture. No offence lordofseas, but I hope Rand does do what he did up near the Blight, where he single-handedly just decimated the battlefield.

Comment

WEll I'm finally reading TOM. I'm on page 702 now and this one is awesome Theo nly problem I have with it:
                      Spoiler:
                      Ghenji's been this massive thing since the last book. It is the focus of the official trailer for this book, makes the cover art... and yet I am on page 702 and they aren't there yet ?!?!?! Maybe my opinion on this will change when I actually get to the Ghenji part, but currently.. ?!?!
                      Last edited by AtlantisRules!!!; 17 February 2011, 07:09 PM.
                      Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a night. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm the rest of his life.
                      ---
                      sigpic

Comment

I really need to read this series again. I think I'm going to get them all on Audible, seems like a good series for that format with all the different characters. Anyone read this one via audiobook? Is it well done?
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Spimman View Post
                          I really need to read this series again. I think I'm going to get them all on Audible, seems like a good series for that format with all the different characters. Anyone read this one via audiobook? Is it well done?
                          I listened to one of the volumes on CD. Michael Kamen was the male reader and I forget who the female reader was, but they did a fantastic job.

I read the all of the other volumes, so it was a bit jarring, at first, to hear how these two pronounced many of the Jordan-created words and names in the series.

Comment

Has anyone read The Wheel of Time encyclopedia that Jordan's wife wrote?

Also their is this
                            Originally posted by aretood2
                            Jelgate is right

Comment

I just finished reading the WoT encyclopedia. I enjoyed it....explained some stuff that I was confused about in the books and went into detail on some of those 'mysterious' people with strange backgrounds like Cadsuane.
                              Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons; for you are Crunchy and good with Ketchup.

Comment

Just started re-reading the series yesterday. It was around 4 years ago (I think) that I started reading Eye of the World for the first time.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X