No announcement yet.

Wheel of Time Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So what's your theory? I would love to hear it since I can't seem to think of anything else. I mean, I can think of a ton of others, but this one made the most sense to me.

I am going to reread TGS soon.
    sigpic

Comment

The only thing that I can think of at the moment is how it is going to play out with finding Moiranie. It's something in the story that I somehow knew would arc back to her from the time she disappeared. I'm hoping though rand doesn't take her as another wife....omg a harem
      My FF.netStories -Stargate Atlantis Allies-Colonel Ted Hasluck Bio
      sigpic "Weedle" 27/09/1987-16/09/2010 RIP Soldier

Comment

Originally posted by puddlejumperOZ View Post
        ....omg a harem
        And we don't have that now?

Comment

>......huh....Oh right, lets' see. Who is he doing?

Min Farshaw; Elayne Trakand, and Aviendha of the Nine Valleys sept of the Taardad Aiel.

Elayne is pregnant with his twins who are predicted by Min's fate-reading ability to be a boy and girl. The prediction, while known to the reader is unknown to the characters, as Birgitte, Aviendha, and Min herself have forgotten it due to their excessive drinking that night. Min has also seen that Aviendha will give birth to four of Rand's children at the same time, although she has not told anyone

OMG he's a damned horse

Comment

Originally posted by puddlejumperOZ View Post
            The only thing that I can think of at the moment is how it is going to play out with finding Moiranie. It's something in the story that I somehow knew would arc back to her from the time she disappeared. I'm hoping though rand doesn't take her as another wife....omg a harem
            I don't think Rand will have anything to do with finding Moiraine. I think they will meet up sometime after Mat, Thom, Noal, and probably Olver, rescue her.

Hahaha, Rand and Moiraine married. Yuck. I think Rand has his hands full with the 3 women he already has. Besides, Moiraine is going to marry Thom.
            sigpic

Comment

Yes I believe she will bond him first, then he'll get all sloppy and then...but so weird, she looks maybe late twenties (in my mind) and Thom looks about 80

Comment

Originally posted by Care View Post
                I think Rand has his hands full with the 3 women he already has.
                Honestly, I don't know how he does it.

Comment

I think it's called the Stud syndrome, lot's of young males have it....though some tend to control it a bit better.

Comment

So, anybody reading ToM? I am loving it so far. Maybe not as much as TGS, but it still kept me up all night.
                    sigpic

Comment

So, anybody reading ToM? I am loving it so far. Maybe not as much as TGS, but it still kept me up all night.
                      AAAAAAaaaaHHHhhHhHHhhhHhHHHhhHHhHhHh. Forgot I was out!! MUST HAVE!!!!!
                      Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a night. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm the rest of his life.
                      ---
                      sigpic

Comment

I finished. LOVED IT! This is my review on goodreads.com (I am addicted to that place):

The Towers of Midnight is a completely different beast than The Gathering Storm. In the 13th instalment of The Wheel of Time series we have a much lighter tone (at times), which surprised me. I think it was needed though after the shadow cast over the last few books. The shadow is still there, but we have a bit of a reprieve from the madness, decay, and darkness that has spread over the world. It seems like the calm before the storm. And this coming storm could be the storm to end it all.
                        ...more The Towers of Midnight is a completely different beast than The Gathering Storm. In the 13th instalment of The Wheel of Time series we have a much lighter tone (at times), which surprised me. I think it was needed though after the shadow cast over the last few books. The shadow is still there, but we have a bit of a reprieve from the madness, decay, and darkness that has spread over the world. It seems like the calm before the storm. And this coming storm could be the storm to end it all.

We get a lot of answers and conclusions that we have been waiting for.

***VERY MINOR SPOILERS OF CONCLUSIONS***

We get:
                        - This is the book for reunions!
                        - No more speculation on who Gaidal Cain is
                        - Tower of Ghenjei, the snakes and foxes, and Moiraine!
                        - Mat giving up half the light of the world to save the world
                        - Noal
                        - WHO KILLED ASMODEAN!!! HA, I WAS RIGHT!

Actually I had already guessed most if it, but hey, Asmo was a huge pain in my butt. I hated not being sure.

***END SPOILERS***

I did find some characters did things maybe too light. I couldn't put my finger on it. Was it that the characters were off, or was the tone so different their comments and reactions were felt off? Even though I sometimes had this off feeling, I still gave the book 5 stars. Maybe if I could I would give it 4.5 stars.

Overall I loved the book even if it had a different flow and feel than most of the books. It was a great set up for the final book and Tarmon Gaidon. The epilogue was simply brilliant. I was like getting hit in the head only to get up and get knocked back down again. I also think this may be the worst cliffhanger type ending. Usually WOT books wrap up pretty neatly. Not Towers. It left me awestruck and cursing over and over. Blood and bloody ashes, I am done. I don't know how in the world I can wait until (likely) March of 2012 for A Memory of Light.
                        Seriously, over another year until we get the final book! Even though I am dying to read it a part of me doesn't want the end to come. I feel like crying just thinking about it.
                        sigpic

Comment

Actually, no. I've got a couple other books I'm finishing up first, then I'll move on to ToM. Makes the wait shorter for AMoL, at least.

Comment

I'm little behind with things, what was the last book to come out?

Comment

Towers of Midnight.

Comment

I had no idea it came out, been reading it. Can't help but smile at the Mat chapters.

"Dear Royal Pain in my neck,"

LOL

Comment

Working...
                                X