What Scifi Movie did you watch today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

just watched Sucker Punch

...not the best of Zynders work but I liked it enough.. JOHN HAMM!!! (not enough of him, but still he was in a Zynder movie! hope he will do more movies besides The Town and this one) the fantasy stuff was really great..the rest was quite meh...the music was awesome though!
    sigpic

Comment

Today, I watched Star Trek: The Motion Picture.
      sigpic
      "Dragons can't change who they are, but who would want them to? Dragons are powerful, amazing creatures."--Hiccup; Dragons: Riders of Berk

My Books:
      Draconia: Forging Trust, Draconia: Fractured Dream, Draconia: Rehatching

Comment

Yesterday I watched:

Tangled - I liked it, and I was surprised that I liked it. I really didn't think that I would, but I figured that my daughter would like it anyway, so thats why I got it and I was surprised that it was actually pretty good(in a cute Disney princess way)

Legend of the Gaurdians : the Owls of Ga'Hoole - Another movie that I didn't think I'd like but actually ended up liking. I've never been a big fan of fantasy movies/books where the main characters are animals, but I liked this movie.
        sigpic

Comment

Johnny Mnemonic
          sigpic

Comment

I watched Lexx: Season 3.01 again and Anastasia
            "The center of every man's existence is a dream." - G.K. Chesterton

Comment

Skyline - Dogfight/thermo weapon were the only decent parts, rest of the film was kinda boring.
              sigpic

Comment

As part of my impromptu 'Submarine Sci-Fi' trend, I'm currently watching Deep Rising. It's surprisingly good as long as you accept it's not going to be that good...if you know what I mean. It doesn't take itself at all seriously, and is more enjoyable because of it. Expect cheesy one liners delivered in bad accents, predictable but lampshaded turns and comically ridiculous violence.
                And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
                sigpic
                Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

Stargate: Continuum
                  "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by Ar3s View Post
                    Skyline - Dogfight/thermo weapon were the only decent parts, rest of the film was kinda boring.
                    I watched Skyline today too. I agree, the aliens, the ships, the dogfights, the bombing were all pretty good. The whole group of angsty twenty-somethings turning whiny and dysfunctional was rather boring and cliche'.

You know you watch too much Stargate when...
                    Spoiler:
                    The ship starts repairing itself and you go, "Oh look, Replicators!"
                    sigpic

Comment

^ Skyline aka The Matrix mixed with District 9 and an apartment

G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra - Rachel Nichols and Sienna Miller made it watchable but it seemed too much like a Uwe Boll film with better effects.
                      Last edited by Ar3s; 02 April 2011, 09:47 PM.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sp!der View Post
                        just watched Sucker Punch

...not the best of Zynders work but I liked it enough.. JOHN HAMM!!! (not enough of him, but still he was in a Zynder movie! hope he will do more movies besides The Town and this one) the fantasy stuff was really great..the rest was quite meh...the music was awesome though!
                        I thought it was really good , totally fit the type like Watchmen, oh yes must have more Jon Hamm he is awesome guy love him!!! Though i think he is better suited for comedy rather than drama , what do you think ?
                        sigpic
                        May the odds be ever in your Favor ! oh and please say hello to me on Skype and Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by Ar3s View Post
                          ^ Skyline aka The Matrix mixed with District 9 and an apartment

G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra - Rachel Nichols and Sienna Miller made it watchable but it seemed too much like a Uwe Boll film with better effects.
                          nah i would say district 9 mixed with cloverfield
                          sigpic
                          May the odds be ever in your Favor ! oh and please say hello to me on Skype and Facebook

Comment

I just watched Logan's Run. First time in about 5-6 years. It's an interesting movie.
                            sigpic
                            "Dragons can't change who they are, but who would want them to? Dragons are powerful, amazing creatures."--Hiccup; Dragons: Riders of Berk

My Books:
                            Draconia: Forging Trust, Draconia: Fractured Dream, Draconia: Rehatching

Comment

World Invasion - Battle Los Angeles

Halo wasnt a bad movie
                              Last edited by mr_kennedy; 04 April 2011, 03:30 PM.
                              Last Movie Watched
                              X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
                              Life is Strange

Comment

Finally managed to watch The Wolfman: Extended Cut, and I wasn't disappointed. A little slow to start, but quite damn impressive, I thought.

The transformation sequences are exceptional, as is the creature's design and the make-up (the Academy Award was richly deserved). While there are no great surprises, and the story is very predictable, the script is well written, and the atmosphere and general feel of period authenticity helps it, as does an excellent cast. Not sure why it didn't do better.
                                And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
                                sigpic
                                Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

Working...
                                X