What Scifi Movie did you watch today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Star Trek (2009)
    watched it was a friend of mine... she found it okay but never watched anything star trek related so it was a bit confusing for her sometimes. Those movies think that you do not have to watch anything star trek to understand these reboots but still you are in a advantage if you now some background stories... nevertheless I loved it still as much as I watched it the first time around..
    sigpic

Comment

Ironman 2 great movie, i hope they make a three
      sigpic
      May the odds be ever in your Favor ! oh and please say hello to me on Skype and Facebook

Comment

Suckerpunch although more fantasy then scifi, found how the story was propelled through visuals very refreshing, The camera work in the fight sequenses was amazing. Yhe soundtrack very cool. And the representation of what men do to girls in a not so perfect world, is both shocking and thought provoking. Definate overtones of Tank Girl.

Comment

I watched Babylon 5: The Lost Tales. The first half, I think, remains not the best work from JMS; but the second half with Sheridan and Galen is still just as good.
          sigpic
          "Dragons can't change who they are, but who would want them to? Dragons are powerful, amazing creatures."--Hiccup; Dragons: Riders of Berk

My Books:
          Draconia: Forging Trust, Draconia: Fractured Dream, Draconia: Rehatching

Comment

Cloverfield

First thought kinda boring yet surprisingly entertaining. Maybe due to its 80 min. and not dragging in it long into boring 120 min. so there was kinda plus, the actors were kinda annoying (especially the camera guy) but you get used to it and the creatur was very ugly not a movie to watch it often but for a first timer its okay.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sp!der View Post
              Cloverfield

First thought kinda boring yet surprisingly entertaining. Maybe due to its 80 min. and not dragging in it long into boring 120 min. so there was kinda plus, the actors were kinda annoying (especially the camera guy) but you get used to it and the creatur was very ugly not a movie to watch it often but for a first timer its okay.
              I found Cloverfield to be sickening. Literally. Could have done with a motion sickness warning.
              And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
              sigpic
              Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

Soldier, with Kurt Russell. This is an odd film. I keep feeling there was potential here for something really, really good, but despite what appear to be expensive sets and props and often quite good effects (for 1998), as well as a string of actually pretty good actors, it comes across as simplistic, cheap, poorly written and often nonsensical. It's supposed to be set in the same universe as Blade Runner, but the only links are real 'blink and you miss them' moments.

The only message I got from this film was "make sure your genetically engineered super-soldiers are trained and experienced". The film also possibly served as inspiration for aspects of the Spartans in Halo.
                And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
                sigpic
                Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

watched Sucker Punch for my birthday , is it based off a graphic novel or no?
                  sigpic
                  May the odds be ever in your Favor ! oh and please say hello to me on Skype and Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by MIZA View Post
                    watched Sucker Punch for my birthday , is it based off a graphic novel or no?
                    No. A Zack Snyder original.
                    ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

Originally posted by Sealurk View Post
                      I found Cloverfield to be sickening. Literally. Could have done with a motion sickness warning.
                      so did you like it or not? did not really understand your sentence(es)....
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sp!der View Post
                        so did you like it or not? did not really understand your sentence(es)....
                        I quite enjoyed it, I thought it was an interesting and mostly well done take on the giant monster concept, with some great moments and ideas, but the shaky-hand-held-camera-while-running aspect of it made me genuinely, physically nauseous. And I apparently wasn't the only one.

Some video games do that to me too (it's called Simulator Sickness).

My only real problem with the film otherwise wasn't even in the film -
                        Spoiler:
                        it was J. J. Abrams' rationale for the monster coming out of the sea, the idea that it was a baby (!) suffering separation anxiety. I always preferred the idea that it was an adult suffering from such an intense parasite infestation it had been driven almost insane and had come onto land as a last ditch, desperate effort to try and kill the parasites.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MattSilver 3k View Post
                          No. A Zack Snyder original.
                          oh i thought it was based off of a graphic novel , what !? i love Colverfield that movie is crazy cool
                          sigpic

Comment

Watching Blade II now !!
                            sigpic

Comment

Stargate: The Ark of Truth
                              "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Just watched Star Wars I: The Phantom Menace.
                                sigpic
                                "Dragons can't change who they are, but who would want them to? Dragons are powerful, amazing creatures."--Hiccup; Dragons: Riders of Berk

My Books:
                                Draconia: Forging Trust, Draconia: Fractured Dream, Draconia: Rehatching

Comment

Working...
                                X