No announcement yet.

What Scifi Movie did you watch today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Abyss: Special Edition. Love this film, much more so than the theatrical release, even if the ending felt a bit...off. Despite being nearly three hours long, it's well paced and gripping.

The trauma and pain of the film's shoot (nervous breakdowns, lead actors nearly drowning, director being attacked - you know, the usual) does actually work in its favour, I think.

I just wish Cameron would make more films like this and fewer like Avatar.
    And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
    sigpic
    Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

Battle: Los Angeles

It was quite fun to watch.
      I feel sad for the tanks (and crews), tho'.

sigpic

Comment

The Happening
        Frankenstein's Wedding... Live in Leeds
        Becoming Human
        People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint... it happens to kinda look like the name 'Jeremy Bearimy' in cursive English.

Comment

Back to the Future III
          (saw the rest of the series over the past few weeks)
          sigpic

Comment

Tron
            Tron Legacy

"A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Sphere. Fairly entertaining and interesting. I'm definitely in a deep sea mood at the moment. Anybody got any underwater sci-fi recommendations?
              And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
              sigpic
              Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

I was really disappointed with Sphere. Completely failed to capture the book IMO.

As to watery adventures....The Abyss springs immediately to mind. One of the adaptations of 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea, the good version of The Poseidon Adventure...
                "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                  I was really disappointed with Sphere. Completely failed to capture the book IMO.
                  Really? To be fair, I've never read the book, so I had nothing to compare it to and found the concept interesting enough. In the past I've found Michael Crichton's stuff to be a little impenetrable and hard work, but that was years ago, so I may give some of his stuff another go.

As to watery adventures....The Abyss springs immediately to mind.
                  Watched it the other day. Absolutely love that film, one of Cameron's best.

One of the adaptations of 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea, the good version of The Poseidon Adventure...
                  Funnily enough, I've never seen or read (or heard, for that matter) any version of 20,000 leagues all the way through, nor Poseidon Adventure. I'll have to give both a go.
                  sigpic

Comment

If you've had any trouble with Crichton's books I'd suggest going after the ones that are a bit more 'fluff' than others. I've never actually managed to get through some of his more dense works (like The Andromeda Strain or Airframe), but other stuff is quite good.

Jurassic Park (the film) was a great adaptation, but the book had enough extra going on to make it even better. The Lost World (the book) was all kinds of awesome, even though the movie basically ignored all but the most basic premise of Site B, and sucked horribly as a result. Sphere (the movie) tried very hard to capture the book, but fell flat (for me, anyway) because so much of the storytelling is cerebral in nature, what with what the sphere does to them and all. I thoroughly enjoyed all three of those books.

Comment

Moon. That is all. Sam Rockwell = Awesome. That is also all.
                      ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

SG-1: Continuum. Good, but I preferred AOT.
                        sigpic

Comment

Sucker Punch

It's not actually sci-fi, but the visuals are kinda there...
                          Nice movie.
                          The story is simple enough, but the presentation is quite interesting.

Methinks the people behind this are, among other things, RPGers (probably even frustrated RPGers who never got their GMs/DMs to go 'anachronistic' or 'over-the-top' )
                          and anime fans.
                          sigpic

Comment

Thought Crimes

Was pretty good. I decided to MyStar (Tivo) it.
                            It felt really short though.
                            And I did just watch it because of Joe Flanigan. What of it?
                            My post for Gate World: An Autistic's take on Sci-Fi

Comment

Cats and Dogs: The Revenge of Kitty Galore - It's not really sci-fi (like a lot of my movie choices), but whatever lol. I thought it was cute, funny movie. I liked this better than the first one since the cats aren't all evil villians. I think dogs are ok, but I'm a cat person so I don't think kittys are evil lol

The Echo - I thought it was pretty creepy, the ending was a bit blah though; it felt like a non-ending to me, and not even the good kind of non ending.

Dorian Gray - I really liked it a lot.
                              sigpic

Comment

Transformers
                                Transformers - Revenge of the Fallen
                                Last Movie Watched
                                X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
                                Life is Strange

Comment

Working...
                                X