Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Going to see Paul very soon, watched the Matrix revolutions
    sigpic
    May the odds be ever in your Favor ! oh and please say hello to me on Skype and Facebook

Comment

The Empire Strikes Back
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sealurk View Post
        Alien 3: Assembly Cut
        It's interesting how much the Assembly Cut changes the film, isn't it? I had never seen it till the films came out on Blu-ray recently and I was really blown away by just how very different the Assembly version was from the theatrical version to which I've been accustomed for many years. It wasn't without its problems--I found at certain points that it really dragged--but it was definitely very interesting.
        "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
          It's interesting how much the Assembly Cut changes the film, isn't it? I had never seen it till the films came out on Blu-ray recently and I was really blown away by just how very different the Assembly version was from the theatrical version to which I've been accustomed for many years. It wasn't without its problems--I found at certain points that it really dragged--but it was definitely very interesting.
          Yes, it does change it, almost as much as the Director's Cut of Alien, but it is nearly identical to the novelisation of the film which I read about ten times not long after the film came out (in fact, I think the novelisations of the first three Alien films are all based on their respective special editions, and are surprisingly good), so there were only a few surprises for me.

I'd definitely agree that the Assembly Cut dragged a little, and in fact I think the theatrical release was the better film in nearly every way.
          And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
          sigpic
          Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

just watched Sourcerer's apprentice.

gotta say i loved it. even though it had it's cliche's and foreshadowing, i really loved how it went. rewatched the end battle, like, 3 times

Comment

Alien Resurrection: The Director's Cut. As it's been a while since I saw the film, I couldn't necessarily pinpoint which bits were different other than one or two obvious bits - the very beginning and the very end.

It's enjoyable enough, more entertaining but less fulfilling than Alien 3, and it has some interesting concepts and developments, but really, they should have killed the franchise with Alien 3, or even Aliens.
              And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
              sigpic
              Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

RoboCop
                People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint... it happens to kinda look like the name 'Jeremy Bearimy' in cursive English.

Comment

Paul

It was hilarious. If you loved the spoof and the fond nod to the Zombie genre of 'Shaun of the Dead' then you'll love this done to the Sci Fi alien on Earth thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Krisz View Post
                    Paul

It was hilarious. If you loved the spoof and the fond nod to the Zombie genre of 'Shaun of the Dead' then you'll love this done to the Sci Fi alien on Earth thing.
                    It's good? Good. I have thoroughly enjoyed pretty much everything Pegg and Frost have done together (Spaced, Shaun of the Dead, Hot Fuzz), so I was hoping Paul wouldn't be the combo-breaker.
                    sigpic

Comment

Just watched Atlantis: The Lost Empire. That's sort of sci-fi-ish
                      sigpic
                      "Dragons can't change who they are, but who would want them to? Dragons are powerful, amazing creatures."--Hiccup; Dragons: Riders of Berk

My Books:
                      Draconia: Forging Trust, Draconia: Fractured Dream, Draconia: Rehatching

Comment

Originally posted by Sealurk View Post
                        It's good? Good. I have thoroughly enjoyed pretty much everything Pegg and Frost have done together (Spaced, Shaun of the Dead, Hot Fuzz), so I was hoping Paul wouldn't be the combo-breaker.
                        For me 'Hot Fuzz' was a disappointment after 'Shaun of the Dead', but 'Paul' was back on form.

Comment

For me 'Hot Fuzz' was a disappointment after 'Shaun of the Dead', but 'Paul' was back on form.
                          That's great since I feel that way too about the two movies. I thought the commercials for 'Paul' looked funny. Putting it on the list to look for on cable.
                          sigpic

To see the complete animated picture timeline of the comet landing - http://xkcd1446.org/#7

From the wonderful XKCD site http://xkcd.com/1446/

Comment

I had the same experience in reverse. I saw Hot Fuzz first and really enjoyed it; saw Shaun of the Dead later and loved it even more.
                            "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

The original Star Trek movie

Next up is a trip to the cinema for Paul and Battle: LA (first one is my choice, second one not so much)
                              ...awaiting inspiration...and time/energy/know-how!

SanctuaryWorld - Enter the New Reality
                              ames on facebook
                              ames on LJ (codename "bluejelloqueen", of course! )

Comment

I watched Alien Planet, this is a Discovery Channel production where they have taken biologists and other scientists and had them design an alien planet with alien creatures on it and then the whole movie plays as a mock nature documentary from this planet. It is actually very neat. I mean who would not like seven stories tall creatures who walk endlessly on a sea of amoeba eating the sea with mounts in their giant feet while the sea itself eat the giant sea walkers young who do not make it. There is also giant creatures named grove backs who are a whole, walking forests. Yes I love giant monsters and there is allot of them in this movie.

Comment

Working...
                                X