No announcement yet.

What Scifi Movie did you watch today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Daybreakers - I liked it, I found it entertaining enough. The end wasn't that great but it wasn't bad either.
    sigpic

Comment

Men in Black II
      I am thinking of seeing Battle Los Angeles has anyone seen that ?
      sigpic
      May the odds be ever in your Favor ! oh and please say hello to me on Skype and Facebook

Comment

Roger Ebert called it "an insult to the words "science", "fiction", and the hyphen between"
        "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

^ aww i thought it looked very good

watched Gattaca last night
          sigpic
          May the odds be ever in your Favor ! oh and please say hello to me on Skype and Facebook

Comment

Alien 3: Assembly Cut. A curious mix of superb style, atmosphere and execution, and really shoddy treatment of the established events and characters. While it served the story, Newt and Hicks being killed off so cheaply really annoyed me, and Bishop amounted to little more than a loudspeaker.

Even little things affect it negatively, like the change in sound of the Pulse Rifles, the alien behaving so differently to its predecessors, and others.

The Assembly Cut is perhaps slightly better than the theatrical release, but not really by enough.
            And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
            sigpic
            Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

Back to the Future (part 1)
              Last Movie Watched
              X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
              Life is Strange

Comment

Originally posted by MIZA View Post
                Men in Black II
                I am thinking of seeing Battle Los Angeles has anyone seen that ?
                I've heard it's surprisingly pretty good, so long as you ignore the over-arching sense of 'been there, done that'.
                Personally my gut reaction to the trailers was "is this a video game? No? Are you sure? Marines shooting aliens in a big city ... you're *sure* this is a movie, and not a trailer for the latest shoot'em'up game? Seriously?" ... but my mom, of all people, wants to see it, so I guess I'll have a better idea next week!
                ...awaiting inspiration...and time/energy/know-how!

SanctuaryWorld - Enter the New Reality
                ames on facebook
                ames on LJ (codename "bluejelloqueen", of course! )

Comment

SG-1: The Ark of Truth. Loved it!
                  sigpic

Comment

Back to the Future (part 2)
                    Back to the Future (part 3)
                    Last Movie Watched
                    X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
                    Life is Strange

Comment

Originally posted by VampyreWraith View Post
                      Daybreakers - I liked it, I found it entertaining enough. The end wasn't that great but it wasn't bad either.
                      I love Daybreakers. Especially how they build a cohesive world of vampires mirroring human society of the future (taken over by vampires). It reminds me of many of the Philip K. Dick movie adaptation (Total Recall, Minority Report , Imposters, etc) in that aspect.
                      Currently watching: Dark Matter, 12 Monkeys, Doctor Who, Under the Dome, The Mentalist, The Messengers, The Last Ship, Elementary, Dominion, The Whispers, Extant, Olympus, Da Vinci's Demons, Vikings

Comment

I watched Moon again tonight.
                        "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                          I watched Moon again tonight.
                          Just as good the eight-hundreth time, isn't it? I freakin' love that movie.
                          ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

Indeed it is. And I can't imagine anyone but Sam Rockwell being able to carry it so brilliantly

Comment

I just watched the Hereafter , not really syfy, but great movie critics are so rough on it
                              sigpic

Comment

oh and Coraline see it especially in 3D
                                Last edited by MIZA; 19 March 2011, 01:10 AM.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X