What Scifi Movie did you watch today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sealurk View Post
    Also just watched The Road. Very powerful film...most convincing post-apocalyptic setting I've yet seen on film or TV, horrifyinly and unsettlingly so.
    The book was much more horrifying and unsettling.

Silent Hill

Comment

I watched Kick-Ass, and I thought it was....wait for it.... kickass.
      sigpic

Comment

Starship Troopers 2 and 3

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

I watched Shutter Island in all it's mind****ing goodness. Though maybe it can't be counted as sci fi, but I'm too tired to go all the way from the general sci fi subforum to off topic. Too far!
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by EvilSpaceAlien View Post
            I just watched the first Resident Evil, but it's a great movie too.
            All Resident Evil movies are great
            The great ones dare to believe in the unbelievable...
            sigpic

Comment

watched Starship Troopers
              sigpic
              May the odds be ever in your Favor ! oh and please say hello to me on Skype and Facebook

Comment

Moon
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Martina Magnus View Post
                  All Resident Evil movies are great
                  Lies!

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

The Thirteenth Floor
                    sigpic

Comment

I watched The Final Countdown, then again with the commentary.

A good movie with a very interesting concept.
                      sigpic
                      "Dragons can't change who they are, but who would want them to? Dragons are powerful, amazing creatures."--Hiccup; Dragons: Riders of Berk

My Books:
                      Draconia: Forging Trust, Draconia: Fractured Dream, Draconia: Rehatching

Comment

V For Vendetta
                        sigpic

Comment

I saw Moon today. Interesting concept. I've got new respect for Sam Rockwell, it takes good acting to pull off a one person movie.

I'm glad I had seen the recommendations because it started off slow and I don't think I would have stuck around if I was expecting something better to happen. And I'm glad I did because it's a movie I would recommend as a nice thinking sci fi movie that showa you don't need lots of special effects or space battles, etc to make a good movie.

Two questions though
                          1. Why does the computer have a female name and a male voice?
                          2. Do not read if you haven't seen the movie - it will spoil the whole thing
                          Spoiler:
                          Do you think the real Sam ever went up to the space station or was he cloned from the start?
                          sigpic

To see the complete animated picture timeline of the comet landing - http://xkcd1446.org/#7

From the wonderful XKCD site http://xkcd.com/1446/

Comment

Lexx- I Worship His Shadow
                            sigpic
                            Save a Man-of-War, ride a Commodore.

Comment

Originally posted by Thunderstorm View Post
                              I saw Moon today. Interesting concept. I've got new respect for Sam Rockwell, it takes good acting to pull off a one person movie.

I'm glad I had seen the recommendations because it started off slow and I don't think I would have stuck around if I was expecting something better to happen. And I'm glad I did because it's a movie I would recommend as a nice thinking sci fi movie that showa you don't need lots of special effects or space battles, etc to make a good movie.

Two questions though
                              1. Why does the computer have a female name and a male voice?
                              2. Do not read if you haven't seen the movie - it will spoil the whole thing
                              Spoiler:
                              Do you think the real Sam ever went up to the space station or was he cloned from the start?
                              It was a great movie with great acting.

Have no idea on the first question but Kevin Spacey was perfect for the voice, but as to the second one:

Spoiler:
                              I listened to one of the commentaries and I believe they said yeah the original had gone, but even before I had listened I figured he must have because that's how they had all those video transmissions of his wife.
                              IMO always implied.

Comment

just watched The Human Centipede , wow that movie is crazy , but so cool/weird!! you should check it out
                                sigpic
                                May the odds be ever in your Favor ! oh and please say hello to me on Skype and Facebook

Comment

Working...
                                X