What Scifi Movie did you watch today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Blencathra View Post
    Me But if everyone is watching it, I suppose I'd better as well.

I've been too busy watching The Sweeney.
    The first thing that popped into my head was Black Books when I read that.
    "You see this bloke behind me, behind me, behind me don't look!"

Moon is a fantastic film and a must-see. I think most people on this thread will agree. And yes, I know that rhymed...
    And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
    sigpic
    Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

Originally posted by Sealurk View Post
      This is true.

Also, watching Moon seems to now be a requirement or at least recently-formed tradition for this thread - anybody not seen it yet?
      Me. It's on my to-watch list. I'll fist finish watching BSG, Dollhouse and Bones.
      I watched The Simpsons movie, but that doesn't qualify as a SF movie probably.
      A black hole swallowed this sig pic.

Comment

Originally posted by Jper View Post
        Me. It's on my to-watch list.
        Get on it!!

"A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
          Psycho? I've seen that movie.

Comment

Originally posted by Jper View Post
            Me. It's on my to-watch list. I'll fist finish watching BSG, Dollhouse and Bones.
            I watched The Simpsons movie, but that doesn't qualify as a SF movie probably.
            yes it counts i am watching it now! i am about to watch Surrogates , has anyone seen that it looks ok let me know ?
            sigpic
            May the odds be ever in your Favor ! oh and please say hello to me on Skype and Facebook

Comment

Surrogates is okay I guess. Didn't really stand out to me. It was an okay movie, but seemed to be a bit of a mix of films/themes that had been done/made before.

I've just watched "Razor" (BSG TV movie) and so I've finished BSG season three (finally!) and started season four. A bit strange to see Stephanie Jacobsen in the movie because I've grown so accustomed to seeing her as Jesse Flores on TSCC. But it was good. Seems like BSG is picking up pace again.

Comment

Wall-E a couple of nights ago.

Sunshine tonight.
                "Captain, you almost make me believe in luck."

Comment

Underworld 1 and 2 , i hear there is going to be a Underworld 4 ??
                  sigpic
                  May the odds be ever in your Favor ! oh and please say hello to me on Skype and Facebook

Comment

District 9. What a film. Just wish my DVD of it wasn't so faulty.
                    Ah District 9. I watched this film back in July with a friend of mine and her son for the very first time. With her being a nurse and me involved in a law enforcement track, the two of us have rather dark senses of humor. Good ol' fashioned gallows humor is something we appreciate. Consequently, at the film's end, the three of us agreed that it was a good filmed but wondered whether or not we were laughing in the "appropriate" places or not as we were laughing throughout the movie quite frequently.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cold Fuzz View Post
                      Ah District 9. I watched this film back in July with a friend of mine and her son for the very first time. With her being a nurse and me involved in a law enforcement track, the two of us have rather dark senses of humor. Good ol' fashioned gallows humor is something we appreciate. Consequently, at the film's end, the three of us agreed that it was a good filmed but wondered whether or not we were laughing in the "appropriate" places or not as we were laughing throughout the movie quite frequently.
                      Actually I found myself laughing quite frequently too (nearly always when a Prawn is wailing on a hapless MNU mook...which on occasion included Wikus). I think to a degree it is supposed to have a thread of very black humour (Peter Jackson was closely involved with it after all.)
                      And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
                      sigpic
                      Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

Actually I found myself laughing quite frequently too (nearly always when a Prawn is wailing on a hapless MNU mook...which on occasion included Wikus). I think to a degree it is supposed to have a thread of very black humour (Peter Jackson was closely involved with it after all.)
                        We were hoping it was supposed to be dark humor so we just crossed our fingers and laughed through most of the movie. Her teenage son kept giving us that, "OK. Mom and he are whacked" look for much of the movie.
                        sigpic

Comment

Terminator: Salvation
                          District 9
                          People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint... it happens to kinda look like the name 'Jeremy Bearimy' in cursive English.

Comment

GI Joe movie is scifi right? cus thats what I watched.

Team Ronan

Comment

Star Wars: The Clone Wars
                              "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Aliens
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X