What Scifi Movie did you watch today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
    Probably with Kevin Costner in them too eh?
    Honestly, I haven't seen many of his films. Now I know why - and while I know I have definitely seen worse films (though I can't for the life of me name one right now), I don't think there were many. Actually, I sort of liked the concept, but thought the execution was pretty damn poor.
    And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
    sigpic
    Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

As for me, Conquest of the Planet of the Apes!
      "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

I watched Spaceballs.
        sigpic

Comment

Moon is a very different film, very cerebral. It's carried pretty much exclusively but Sam Rockwell, who does a fantastic job. Very, very good movie.
          Awesome, I hope you enjoy it as much as it deserves

I'd love to get it on Blu, but I just refuse to pay $35 for a movie
          Woohoo!!! I was out at the store to grab some new-release DVDs/BDs today and I saw Moon (BD) for $15! I took it to the cash and she pointed out that it was an old sticker from a few months ago, but she knows and likes me so she took care of it with a price override
          "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Battle for the Planet of the Apes!

Comment

Wall-E and Monsters Inc. (and a little bit of Fifth Element)

Originally posted by Sealurk View Post
              Just finished watching The Postman. Meh. Heavy handed, saccharine and predictable. Also, needed more apocalypse. TBH, I've seen worse though.
              It was ok. Not great but the idea was interesting. Probably give it a C+. Kevin Costner seems to hit or miss alot with his movies. Although now that I'm looking at his movie list on IMDB, I'd say he did his best work 1985-1996. The last movie of his that I'd recommend was Tin Cup in '96 (think Bull Durham but with golf ).

Originally posted by VampyreWraith View Post
              I watched Spaceballs.
              LOVE THAT MOVIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So, Lord Helmet, at last we meet again for the first time for the last time.

Thank you for pressing the self destruct button.
              sigpic

To see the complete animated picture timeline of the comet landing - http://xkcd1446.org/#7

From the wonderful XKCD site http://xkcd.com/1446/

Comment

Wrapped up the original SW trilogy with Return of the Jedi.

Comment

Originally posted by Thunderstorm View Post
                  Wall-E and Monsters Inc. (and a little bit of Fifth Element)

It was ok. Not great but the idea was interesting. Probably give it a C+. Kevin Costner seems to hit or miss alot with his movies. Although now that I'm looking at his movie list on IMDB, I'd say he did his best work 1985-1996. The last movie of his that I'd recommend was Tin Cup in '96 (think Bull Durham but with golf ).

LOVE THAT MOVIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So, Lord Helmet, at last we meet again for the first time for the last time.

Thank you for pressing the self destruct button.
                  lol Spaceballs is great, I've always loved that movie. I remember thinking it was funny watching it when I was a kid, but I think its funnier now cuz I actually get more of the jokes.
                  Wall-E is really good. That movie actually made me cry for some reason and I love when they are "dancing" in space.
                  Monsters Inc. is good too.
                  sigpic

Comment

Oh and I watched The Return of the King.(forgot to mention that even though that was my reason for coming into this thread lol )
                    sigpic

Comment

Family Guy: Blue Harvest
                      sigpic

Comment

Just finished Avatar again. Enjoyed it more this time around.
                        And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
                        sigpic
                        Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

Star Trek: The Motion Picture & Moon

Comment

Star Trek: The Motion Picture & Moon
                            One of these is a timeless, instant classic of the science fiction genre. The other stars William Shatner.

Moon is freaking brilliant. Think I'll watch it again tomorrow, given all the talk about it in this thread!
                            sigpic

Comment

TMP may be one of the weaker Trek films, but it's still quite respectable in its own right.

But yeah, I bloody love Moon. I'd seen it....twice or maybe 3x before, but I just got it on Blu the other day

Comment

Star Runners. Quite decent for the cheapo sci-fi genre, and cool to see Connor Trinneer as something other than Trip Tucker...
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X