X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll rent it.
    A black hole swallowed this sig pic.

Comment

Beneath the Planet of the Apes today. My second-favourite Apes film. I gotta say though, that post-apocalyptic subway stop looks better than some of the ones I've seen in Brooklyn and the Bronx

Oh so many questions maddeningly unanswered about Apes-era Earth! Why was Nova so quick to erase Taylor's writing on the ground in the cage in the first film? Dr. Zaius was convinced there was a tribe of speaking humans beyond the Forbidden Zone--was there? What could we have possibly done that caused there to be no more Moon? Why was there thunder and lightning with no rain? Were Taylor, Landon, and Dodge inadvertently walking nearby to the home of the mental mutants from Beneath? How much of the rest of the world is in ashes or inhabited by speaking apes? Or even pockets of human survivors, for that matter! Argh! So many questions that I'd love to have answered without resorting to fanwanking my own!

edit; interesting, I think this may be a slightly longer cut on the Blu-ray box set. The inferno/crucified gorillas/bleeding Lawgiver scene seems to have a whole bunch of little extras in it.
      Last edited by DigiFluid; 21 August 2010, 04:54 PM.
      "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Hey Thunder, have you watched the "Building a Sequel" bonus feature? I can't remember if it was on the DVD or not, but I'm watching it on the Blu right now and there's some interesting tidbits.

I wasn't aware that initially, they contracted Pierre Boulle (the author of the original Monkey Planet novel upon which POTA was based) to write the script for the sequel. His treatment was called "Planet of the Men", and involved Taylor and Nova raising a child among humans in the jungle, elevating humans above savagery into humans we recognize. The child, grown into an adult, would have led an army of humans to defeat General Ursus' army and subjugate the apes. The closing shot would've been Zaius in a cage surrounded by humans demanding he do tricks

That's actually....pretty neat, IMO.
        "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Yesterday watched Star Wars, today it was the Empire Strikes Back.

Comment

TMNT today, the CGI one. Eh. Too....I don't know, modern somehow. And the CGI was kind of lousy. And for, some reason Splinter has become a stereotypical Hispanic voice for this outing, and Casey Jones has become Augur from EFC

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
              Hey Thunder, have you watched the "Building a Sequel" bonus feature? I can't remember if it was on the DVD or not, but I'm watching it on the Blu right now and there's some interesting tidbits.

I wasn't aware that initially, they contracted Pierre Boulle (the author of the original Monkey Planet novel upon which POTA was based) to write the script for the sequel.

That's actually....pretty neat, IMO.
              I don't have the disk for that so I'm not sure if it was on the dvd, but I vaguely remember that plot so I must have seen it somewhere.

Originally posted by Fan-e-Gate View Post
              Yesterday watched Star Wars, today it was the Empire Strikes Back.
              Good Choices. Is Return of the Jedi next? They've been running frequently the last couple months on cable. I watch thru till almost the very end of Jedi, then have to turn it off because they use the moronic new ending and replace Anakin's face with that kid.
              sigpic

To see the complete animated picture timeline of the comet landing - http://xkcd1446.org/#7

From the wonderful XKCD site http://xkcd.com/1446/

Comment

Punisher: War Zone

Eh. I loved the OTT violence, but Ray Stevenson makes kind of a lousy Frank Castle IMO.

Comment

Moon.

Holy ****. Sam Rockwell is an acting GOD. Wow.
                  ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

Originally posted by MattSilver 3k View Post
                    Moon.

Holy ****. Sam Rockwell is an acting GOD. Wow.
                    Hah, another satisfied viewer

Comment

Escape from the Planet of the Apes

Comment

watching Unbreakable , awesome movie I luv M Night !
                        sigpic
                        May the odds be ever in your Favor ! oh and please say hello to me on Skype and Facebook

Comment

Alice in Wonderland (2010)
                          sigpic

Comment

watched Invaders from Mars, that movie is crazy , the teacher eats a frog remember that !
                            sigpic
                            May the odds be ever in your Favor ! oh and please say hello to me on Skype and Facebook

Comment

Just finished watching The Postman. Meh. Heavy handed, saccharine and predictable. Also, needed more apocalypse. TBH, I've seen worse though.
                              And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
                              sigpic
                              Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

Originally posted by Sealurk View Post
                                Just finished watching The Postman. Meh. Heavy handed, saccharine and predictable. Also, needed more apocalypse. TBH, I've seen worse though.
                                Probably with Kevin Costner in them too eh?

Comment

Working...
                                X