What Scifi Movie did you watch today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Thunderstorm View Post
    I wouldn't go so far as to say fantastic but certainly interesting and worth a watch. I didn't know much about it and it wasn't what I thought it would be but very intense and kept my interest throughout. Always give kudos to someone who can do a good scifi movie on a fraction of the budget of the the big movies that come out today.
    I absolute love it, I put it into that category of recent excellent sci-fi movies alongside others like Moon and Pandorum.

As long as you are talking about the original - double thumbs up (on a scale of 1-10 this movie is an 11) and not that *******ized version Tim Burton did.
    Of course I'm talking about the only real version of the movie!
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
      Of course I'm talking about the only real version of the movie!
      Now are you a fan of all the movies that came after it? (and the series - okay I could live without seeing the series again). My favorite of the 4 sequels is Conquest of the Planet of the Apes.
      sigpic

To see the complete animated picture timeline of the comet landing - http://xkcd1446.org/#7

From the wonderful XKCD site http://xkcd.com/1446/

Comment

Now are you a fan of all the movies that came after it? (and the series - okay I could live without seeing the series again). My favorite of the 4 sequels is Conquest of the Planet of the Apes.
        The sequels are....an interesting lot. Each and every one of them is a huge step down from the monumental original, I think that goes without saying. But they do all add something interesting to the overall mythology. Personally my favourite of the lot was the second, Beneath. As a rule I didn't find the 'current' stories especially compelling, I much preferred the stories in the ruins of future Earth.

I haven't actually gotten around to the TV series yet. I bought the DVD set ages ago but for some reason or another it just never happened. I think I'll probably tackle it after I'm done this round of watching the movies. I have the animated series on DVD too, I'll need to tackle that at some point too
        "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

The sequels are....an interesting lot. Each and every one of them is a huge step down from the monumental original, I think that goes without saying.
          Of course. But I still I like watching them occassionally.

I haven't actually gotten around to the TV series yet. I bought the DVD set ages ago but for some reason or another it just never happened. I think I'll probably tackle it after I'm done this round of watching the movies. I have the animated series on DVD too, I'll need to tackle that at some point too
          The series is a step down from the movie sequels so you can judge the quality. But still watchable for a fan.

Have you seen Behind the Planet of the Apes? It's a documentary about the 5 movies hosted by Roddy McDowall. Excellent 2 hrs worth of interviews and behind the scenes info. I don't know if you can buy it, but you can rent it from Netflix.
          sigpic

To see the complete animated picture timeline of the comet landing - http://xkcd1446.org/#7

From the wonderful XKCD site http://xkcd.com/1446/

Comment

Oh of course It came with the set when I bought it on DVD. And now it's included on the Blu-ray set I just got for my birthday

I am quite looking forward to the series, even though I know it'll be a step down. I just frickin' adore the original franchise

Comment

On topic....Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles III. Oh god. What a big step down from the first two. I remember this sucking, I don't remember it sucking this bad

Comment

On topic....Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles III. Oh god. What a big step down from the first two. I remember this sucking, I don't remember it sucking this bad
                I remember it sucking pretty bad lol
                sigpic

Comment

In my defense, I didn't actually want to watch it. I just wanted a bit of a Turtle refresher before watching the CGI TMNT movie from a couple years ago

Comment

Ahh ok, makes sense. I saw the CGI one recently on TV. I liked the old Turtles better than the cgi ones.
                    sigpic

Comment

more HP
                      sigpic
                      May the odds be ever in your Favor ! oh and please say hello to me on Skype and Facebook

Comment

Whoa i thought the third one was better than the first and the second , c'mon Vanilla Ice rapping?
                        sigpic
                        May the odds be ever in your Favor ! oh and please say hello to me on Skype and Facebook

Comment

I watched both Pandorum and District 9. Both are different in their genre (sci-fi), but good movies I think....

How's Moon? (Digi?) I've been pondering if I'd watch it or not... I've been putting it off 'cause I thought I might not like it, but here you are putting it in the same category as Pandora and District 9, and those I liked...
                          A black hole swallowed this sig pic.

Comment

Moon is a very different film, very cerebral. It's carried pretty much exclusively but Sam Rockwell, who does a fantastic job. Very, very good movie.

Comment

Moon is a very different film, very cerebral. It's carried pretty much exclusively but Sam Rockwell, who does a fantastic job. Very, very good movie.
                              Well you've been talking about movies that I like(d) that you thought were good, so I guess, I'll certainly have to watch "Moon" now. Thanks for the recommendation.
                              A black hole swallowed this sig pic.

Comment

Awesome, I hope you enjoy it as much as it deserves

I'd love to get it on Blu, but I just refuse to pay $35 for a movie

Comment

Working...
                                X