What Scifi Movie did you watch today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^ Absolutely. Brilliant film.
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

The Green Mile !!!!
      The great ones dare to believe in the unbelievable...
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Martina Magnus View Post
        The Green Mile !!!!
        You watched it too? It really is a great movie.

The only movie I can think of where the long running time doesn't bug me.

Comment

Star Trek 11
          sigpic

Comment

The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe

First time I've seen this movie since it was in theaters. I don't really like what they did with it. The editing sucks--the movie should've been at least 45 minutes shorter. The action sequences are way over the top; this isn't Lord of the Rings. And the casting is just awful, the only choice I actually liked was Tilda Swinton as the White Witch.
            "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

dolores claiborne - well thriller than syfy !
              sigpic
              May the odds be ever in your Favor ! oh and please say hello to me on Skype and Facebook

Comment

The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian

I hadn't seen this till tonight, because of how let down I was by the first film. Fortunately however, the second film in the franchise saw significant improvements over the first. The choices in direction and cinematography are vastly improved in this second film, as is the colour palette.

More than anything else I was impressed with the improvement of the Lucy and Edmund actors. It's hard to imagine them being any worse than they were in the first film, but they tended to be much more believable this time around. I only wish that the Peter and Susan actors had also taken some classes or something before getting to work on this movie. I was also fairly pleased with the actor they chose to portray Caspian as well. He's still not quite what I envision when reading the books, but he does a respectable enough job.

Imagine my amazement when, after being so bitterly disappointed with the first film, I'm actually quite looking forward to Voyage of the Dawn Treader after seeing this one.

Still runs a bit long though. I'm hoping they hire a better editor for the next one.

Comment

I went to go see The Sorcerer's Apprentice today. Fun movie. The Fantasia inspired scene, though a bit predictable, got a chuckle out of me. I dropped the obvious Star Wars line a couple seconds before the main villian's minion did, which made that bit even funnier.

Comment

I watched Saraba Kamen Rider Den-O The Movie: Final Countdown, if that counts as science fiction.

Comment

The Green Mile !!!! I wathec that movie again ... IDK I kinda started to like that movie
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Alan Wake View Post
                        You watched it too? It really is a great movie.

The only movie I can think of where the long running time doesn't bug me.
                        I've watched that movie again today ... I kinda like that movie ...
                        It's great movie
                        sigpic

Comment

Hellboy II: The Golden Army

Love this film.

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
                            Hellboy II: The Golden Army

Love this film.
                            Great movie
                            sigpic

Comment

Just got home from seeing Inception. A bit longer than it needed to be, but a good film nonetheless.

Comment

Star Wars: A New Hope
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X