No announcement yet.

What Scifi Movie did you watch today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HP and the Half-Blood Prince was on earlier today. I think I like the movie version of Horace Slughorn far better than the book version, which is saying a lot since I have disliked every Potter movie since Goblet of Fire.
    sigpic

Comment

that one was pretty good. I definitely liked Slughorn in the movie rather than the book.
      sigpic

Comment

Let the Right One In

Brilliant movie. One of the best vampire movie out there. Hell, it's probably one of my favorite movies ever. All the vampires in Twilight are nothing compared to Eli (girl vampire in my avatar).
        I'm still not sure if I'm going to watch the American remake. I only tend to watch remakes if I hated the original, but since I love this movie, I'm not sure if a remake can bring much to the table. Also, it's much too early for remake anyway. The original was released just two years ago.
        sigpic

Comment

Aliens
          sigpic

Comment

Dark Star

I saw this once before, about six years ago. Just as weird now as it was then, but I like it. The guys who made it certainly didn't worry about looking cheap (beachball alien!)

I don't think I've ever seen another film that was funny and sad at the same time.
            sigpic
            "Dragons can't change who they are, but who would want them to? Dragons are powerful, amazing creatures."--Hiccup; Dragons: Riders of Berk

My Books:
            Draconia: Forging Trust, Draconia: Fractured Dream, Draconia: Rehatching

Comment

I'm watching T2 on tv right now.

"Hasta la vista, baby"
              sigpic

Comment

Just started watching the 'Alan Smithee' extended cut of David Lynch's Dune.
                "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

And today watched the SciFi Dune miniseries from a few years back. Already posted about it in the episodes thread, but since I put like 5 hours into it today I figured it deserved two posts
                  "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Land of the Dead.

Not really a good movie.

Comment

Originally posted by Alan Wake View Post
                      Land of the Dead.

Not really a good movie.
                      It was fun though

I'm watching The Time Traveler's Wife right now. Not great, but I'd marry Rachel McAdams on the spot.

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                        It was fun though

I'm watching The Time Traveler's Wife right now. Not great, but I'd marry Rachel McAdams on the spot.
                        You should read the book.

Comment

I know. It's one of those things that's on the 'I'll get to it at some point' list

Comment

watched harry potter movies
                            sigpic
                            May the odds be ever in your Favor ! oh and please say hello to me on Skype and Facebook

Comment

I'm currently watching the 2003 SciFi miniseries Frank Herbert's Children of Dune. Having not read any of the Dune books past the original, I came into this fresh and not knowing what to expect. Storywise, it was interesting enough. I don't think I'll fault it on those grounds, though there were a number of things that annoyed me.

Where I think this sequel fell flat is in how radically it departed from the previous miniseries. The altered Fremen eye-effect is kind of lousy and should've been simply left as it was in the first series. The redesign of the Guild Navigator is also profoundly awful, just laughably bad.

The change in director and production design is also immediately apparent. John Harrison's touch is sorely missed in this one, though he still penned the adaptation. Likewise it's pretty clear that they failed to get the same costume designer back. The brilliant, wonderful costume work that filled the first miniseries is woefully absent as well.

The worst offense though, IMO, is the horrendous casting and re-casting. Susan Sarandon was absolutely horrid, as were the replacement actors for Stilgar and Duncan Idaho. The worst of the lot was, unquestionably (IMO), Alice Krige taking over as Jessica from Saskia Reeves. Dear god, why on Earth was this woman John Harrison's first choice for the role? She's cold, unemotive, flat, and really just completely awful in the part.

And as far as Leto II and Ghanima go....I don't know if it's intentional or not, but it comes across as distressingly incestuous.
                              Last edited by DigiFluid; 06 July 2010, 04:11 PM.

Comment

I am currently watching Book of Eli , looks interesting ??
                                sigpic
                                May the odds be ever in your Favor ! oh and please say hello to me on Skype and Facebook

Comment

Working...
                                X