What Scifi Movie did you watch today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MattSilver 3k View Post
    Oh my god I thought I was alone in that.
    Originally posted by Sealurk View Post
    Definitely not. Much as I love Romero's film, I actually prefer the remake of Dawn - which is akin to sacrilege to most zombie-fanatics I've talked with.
    You want to know the real reason I hate the original? One scene did it for me... and can you guess what that scene is?

Spoiler:
    WTF?

Who in the world checks their blood pressure... in a zombie infested mall, during an attack? I turned off the movie after that. I just couldn't take it anymore.

Comment

The Fifth Element.

Originally posted by gater62 View Post
      I just watched Tremors. I love that movie! Does it quality as scifi due the snakeoid?
      Sure why not. Besides it's a great movie!!! Just be sure to ignore the sequels.

Definitely not. Much as I love Romero's film, I actually prefer the remake of Dawn - which is akin to sacrilege to most zombie-fanatics I've talked with.
      I prefer the remake too. But then I'm not a big zombie fan and this was possibly the only serious one I've watched all the way thru.
      sigpic

To see the complete animated picture timeline of the comet landing - http://xkcd1446.org/#7

From the wonderful XKCD site http://xkcd.com/1446/

Comment

Day After Tomorrow, crappy science but was able to suspend disbelief and still enjoy it. Freezing thing was crazy.

Comment

Because it is sacrilege. Zombies. Don't. Run.

The remake was a lot of fun as its own entity to be sure (I do own it), but those are not zombies!
          "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

The Matrix

IMO one of the best films of all time.

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
              Because it is sacrilege. Zombies. Don't. Run.
              Fast zombies do....

The remake was a lot of fun as its own entity to be sure (I do own it), but those are not zombies!
              Prior to seeing the film, I would absolutely have agreed with you, but the sprinting zombies, for me, were not only one of the biggest and best WTF moments I'd seen, but a hell of a lot more threatening than 'shufflers'. Plus I hugely enjoyed the 28...Later films - while I'm aware they are not zombies but infected, there is a definite similarity.

The best thing to say is that both viewpoints have merit. *cough*(fastzombiesrule!)*cough*
              And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
              sigpic
              Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

28 Days Later is probably my favorite film... scariest for me.

Comment

They're both pretty scary types of zombies/infected. Shufflers are good with scares as they sneak up or in huge crowds, while runners are fun with tension - seriously, run run run run run run run run! Though to me the zombies should be second to the characters/the actual story/message of the film, though either type can be well incorporated into the message/story and make nice with the scary/gore bits too.
                  ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

no 'fantasy movie' thread?

Just saw "Prince of Persia". Nice movie. A bit cliche, but still nice.

I only have one complaint: the action/fight sequences which 'zoom in' 'too much' to, I guess, generate that feeling/illusion of speed (as opposed to some of the older Chinese martial arts films which don't zoom in during fights). I never liked that 'trick' in whatever movie I see.
                    Not really a complaint, but more 'parkour' scenes would have been nice (and perhaps done in a way that a continuous 'parkour' scene were longer than most of what was shown on screen).
                    sigpic

Comment

I started watching Alice last night... I'll probably finish it at some point today.
                      "The sea is emotion incarnate. It loves, hates, & weeps. It defies all attempts to capture it with words and rejects all shackles. No matter what you say about it, there is always that which you can't."
                      -Brom in Eragon

Comment

Saw a part of some Star Trek movie. It seemed to be centered around 2 humpback whales for some reason.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by magictrick View Post
                          Saw a part of some Star Trek movie. It seemed to be centered around 2 humpback whales for some reason.
                          Thats 4, The Voyage Home. It should of been called Star Trek: Save the Whales.

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
                            Star Trek 4: Save the Whales, Save the future
                            Last edited by mr_kennedy; 10 June 2010, 07:10 PM.
                            Last Movie Watched
                            X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
                            Life is Strange

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
                              I've never watched any Star Trek before but really...an entire movie about saving whales?
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by magictrick View Post
                                I've never watched any Star Trek before but really...an entire movie about saving whales?
                                Sort of. There's a lot more to it than that, particularly placed in the context of the previous two films.

Star Trek IV is the third part in the so-called original series trilogy of II-IV.
                                "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Working...
                                X