What Scifi Movie did you watch today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Watched Star Trek: Nemesis

I don't care what Trekkies say, I like this film.

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
    Oh man, how ideal would that be? Especially if they just made another movie that completely ignored X3
    I am the type to complain, and oh GOD!
    X3 has become the primary reason I loathe Fox. The Fox "effect" is dangerous, Fantastic Four, Daredevil, and Elektra are prime examples! (I liked Wolverine though)

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post

Same here. Had some bad moments, even for a non-Trekkie such as myself, but ultimately I enjoyed it.
      And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
      sigpic
      Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

Just got done watching X-Men Origins: Wolverine. I know it's a Wolverine story, but did they have to screw up Deadpool so badly?

I also kind of wonder if there was a sudden deficit of casting directors who knew what they were doing when they were making this movie. Liev Schrieber as a calm pre-Sabretooth? Will.i.am as a lame Nightcrawler knockoff? And who is this tool they cast as Gambit? They finally correct the glaring omission of the X-Men trilogy, and this is who they cast?

The CGI was also, by and large, pretty awful. Stand-out moments include Wolverine playing with his claws in the old people's bathroom, the wholly unnecessary John Woo super-slow-mo helicopter explosion behind Wolverine, and everything about Emma Frost. Holy cow. Wasn't this supposed to be a big budget movie?

FORTUNATELY the plot was a whole hell of a lot better than X3's (despite messing up Deadpool). I think they did pretty decent justice to the Wolverine/adamantium origin/Weapon X thing. It was a little flat at times, and not as engaging as it should have been, but it was entertaining enough.

And I also rather enjoyed the tie-ins to other X-Men mythology too. The blindfolded Scott Summers who doesn't realize he's been jailbroken by Wolverine, his recruitment by a (well-done) CGI Xavier, and in particular the Stryker tie-in. I also really quite liked the old guy giving Wolverine the leather jacket he wears in the X-Men trilogy--even though it mysteriously disappears on Three Mile Island, and then he apparently has it again come those movies lol
        "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

The Wolverine movie bugged me beyond belief.

***Spoiler warning***

The fact that they made Wolverine's girlfriend's death a fake was completely contradictory to canon. Wolverine has super smell and super hearing (among other things). How could he have missed the fact that there was not enough blood considering her cause of death; how was it possible that he didn't hear a heartbeat at all, the drugs do slow it down and weaken it considerably, but do not stop it; also above all, how come he didn't check her wound to notice that there wasn't one!!!!

This bit (and possibly other details, it's been a long time since I saw it) ruined the movie for me.

I'm not a hater, I liked the other X-men movies but this was insulting.
          Carter: "The singularity is about to explode!"

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
            Just got done watching X-Men Origins: Wolverine. I know it's a Wolverine story, but did they have to screw up Deadpool so badly?

I also kind of wonder if there was a sudden deficit of casting directors who knew what they were doing when they were making this movie. Liev Schrieber as a calm pre-Sabretooth? Will.i.am as a lame Nightcrawler knockoff? And who is this tool they cast as Gambit? They finally correct the glaring omission of the X-Men trilogy, and this is who they cast?

The CGI was also, by and large, pretty awful. Stand-out moments include Wolverine playing with his claws in the old people's bathroom, the wholly unnecessary John Woo super-slow-mo helicopter explosion behind Wolverine, and everything about Emma Frost. Holy cow. Wasn't this supposed to be a big budget movie?

FORTUNATELY the plot was a whole hell of a lot better than X3's (despite messing up Deadpool). I think they did pretty decent justice to the Wolverine/adamantium origin/Weapon X thing. It was a little flat at times, and not as engaging as it should have been, but it was entertaining enough.

And I also rather enjoyed the tie-ins to other X-Men mythology too. The blindfolded Scott Summers who doesn't realize he's been jailbroken by Wolverine, his recruitment by a (well-done) CGI Xavier, and in particular the Stryker tie-in. I also really quite liked the old guy giving Wolverine the leather jacket he wears in the X-Men trilogy--even though it mysteriously disappears on Three Mile Island, and then he apparently has it again come those movies lol
            I agree with every thing said. Good thing the Deadpool stuff is being retconned in the Deadpool spin-off. Ryan Reynolds sure did a good job in the small bits he was in. I laughed at the scene when Wolverine was chopping up the ladder. But I liked this film so much more than X3. And don't mind a sequel to it. I liked Will.i.am's character loads more than Gambit....Gambit seemed odd to me in this....but was bearable.

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post

X3 has become the primary reason I loathe Fox. The Fox "effect" is dangerous, Fantastic Four, Daredevil, and Elektra are prime examples! (I liked Wolverine though)
              Yeah personally I thought Nemesis was well..."fine."
              "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

As both a Trekkie and a lover of good cinema, I thought Star Trek Nemesis was garbage.
                "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

interesting , i liked all the star treks too except the first one!, i thought it was too slow

i even liked Star Trek V
                  sigpic
                  May the odds be ever in your Favor ! oh and please say hello to me on Skype and Facebook

Comment

Stargate: Continuum via Netflix for PS3. 8)

Comment

Originally posted by MIZA View Post
                      interesting , i liked all the star treks too except the first one!, i thought it was too slow

i even liked Star Trek V
                      5 had its charms. The whole "god at the centre of the galaxy" thing was pretty dumb, but the campfire scenes are some of my favourite character moments in the entire franchise.

Comment

War of the Worlds(2005) and Back to the Future

Steven Speilberg is great with almost anything he touches(not like he did alot with Back to the Future though)! Hope he doesn't follow the path of George Lucas....

Comment

I, Robot. The book is so much better.
                          sigpic

Comment

"Battle For Terra". I really liked it
                            "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Not sure if this counts as sci-fi, but watched Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs.

I loved it alot more than I thought I would!

Comment

Just got home from seeing Iron Man 2.

A little let down, to be honest. Don't get me wrong, I still enjoyed it. But there were a lot of places that were just kind of flat, and as a whole I enjoyed the first film more.

Comment

Working...
                                X