What Scifi Movie did you watch today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just finished X2: X-Men United

LOL I never realized before how much this movie is a Who's Who of Vancouver actors I spotted:
    - Tanith from SG-1 (one of Col. Stryker's goons)
    - Chief from/Aaron Douglas (another of Col. Stryker's goons)
    - the girl who first played Cassie on SG-1 (cameo as Kitty Pryde)
    - Kelly from BSG/Rollie from Defying Gravity (as Magneto's guard)
    - the jerk Pegasus officer from BSG who beat up Chief and Helo in 'Resurrection Ship' (another Magneto guard)
    - the Pegasus XO who got blown away by Cain/Nietzchean from Andromeda (Hank McCoy cameo)
    - the b***h Sgt. who ran the witchhunt investigation in BSG season 1 (Iceman's mother)
    - the blonde reporter from SG-1 (one of the cops who shows up at Iceman's parents' house)
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

I don't remember seeing him when I watched the film but Apparently David Kaye was also a cameo in that movie. He was a reporter/presidential debate moderator in Battlestar Galactica. He's also a voice actor who is known for playing Professor X (from X-Men: Evolution), Megatron (from Beast Wars) and Clank (from Ratchet and Clank). And a LOT of other stuff too.
      Last edited by Infinite-Possibilities; 05 May 2010, 07:06 PM.
      "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

I watched X2 last week!

I watched TRON around midnight, oh yes.

Comment

For funzies this week:

Starship Troopers
          Starship Troopers 3: Marauder
          Equilibrium

Tonite:

Terminator: Salvation
          sigpic

Comment

Watching X-Men: The Last Stand right now. First time I've seen it, too
            "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
              Watching X-Men: The Last Stand right now. First time I've seen it, too
              Stop! STOP NOW! STOOOOOOP! The music is the only thing really good about it....:s

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
                Stop! STOP NOW! STOOOOOOP! The music is the only thing really good about it....:s
                What with my Marvel kick lately, I thought I'd watch the first two and then X3 and Wolverine since I never got around to either (the latest two). I'm already annoyed at the 'alternative' explanation of the Phoenix lol

I actually never got around to seeing Spider-Man 3 either. Maybe I'll watch that trilogy next.

Comment

What with my Marvel kick lately, I thought I'd watch the first two and then X3 and Wolverine since I never got around to either (the latest two). I'm already annoyed at the 'alternative' explanation of the Phoenix lol

I actually never got around to seeing Spider-Man 3 either. Maybe I'll watch that trilogy next.
                  Its odd, I label X3, Spidey 3, and Hulk(2003) as being terrible movies, but I end up enjoying them anyways..... I have a knack for enjoying Marvel movies I suppose. Including Ghost Rider, the Fantastic Four films, and....oh god....Elektra. Yes, I enjoyed Elektra. Some comic book fan I am for enjoying such atrocities!

Watched Legend today with Tom Cruise, it was awesome. The 80s knew its fantasy!

Watching The Covenant now.....um, kinda mediocre.

Comment

Oh man, Hulk 2003 was freaking awful. It was like 2 hours of NOTHING happening and then another half hour of metaphysical nonsense.

edit; oh man, I'm like halfway through X3 and it's so awful I just want to turn it off
                    Last edited by DigiFluid; 06 May 2010, 10:15 PM.

Comment

Okay having now finished X-Men: The Last Stand for the first time (I know, I'm 4 years late to the party), I feel compelled to make a whole new post about it. It was so ridiculously bad that I'm having difficulty putting into words just how ludicrous it was, but here goes:

Holy crap, what the f*** were they thinking when they made this cluster**** piece of **** movie? This is some serious major ridiculous Grade A Retardedness. The morons who wrote this should have their fingers cut off so they can never ruin another movie again (and one of them has been tapped to write the Avengers move? ), Brett Ratner should be slapped in the head repeatedly for a period of no less than 20 years directing this piece of crap, and all the actors should be banned from acting for about 10 years to punish them from participating in this trash heap.

• Where did Nightcrawler go? Aside from a brief cameo in the church....I think
                      • The 'new' Phoenix as alternate personality explanation, WTF
                      • Mystique gets no more than a glorified cameo, and then used for a lame sexist joke?
                      • Vinnie Jones completely wrong for Juggernaut, and "I'm the Juggernaut, b*tch!" is almost as bad as the "you know what happens when a toad is struck by lightning?" line in the first movie
                      • Cyclops dies off-screen?!?!?!
                      • Why is the Professor suddenly such a jerk in this movie?
                      • Magneto's Brotherhood mutants all seem like whiny prep kids
                      • They just dissolve/explode Xavier halfway through the movie?!??!?!
                      • Oh joy, a Rogue is jealous sub-plot. After being the most important thing in the first one she's pretty much nowhere to be seen in this one aside from whining about Iceman and disappearing to get a cure. Also: cured Rogue wtf
                      • Why the hell does Pyro say he'd have killed Xavier? He didn't hate him in the last movie
                      • Why is the President suddenly a jerk after being accepting in X2?
                      • Cure Magneto?!?!?!?!
                      • Good plots don't make you sympathize with the bad guys! Evil government plot to 'fix' mutants plus the X-Men out there butchering people for revenge (despite ostensibly being to "uphold" Xavier's values ) = I want Magneto to win
                      • So the whole final battle was just a setup to show a shirtless Hugh Jackman, right?
                      • This wasn't X-Men, it was X-Two Hours of Halle Berry and Wolverine

I was thinking about buying the Trilogy Blu-ray set, but not anymore. There is not a snowball's chance in hell that I'd waste even one penny on rewarding the people involved in this atrocity of filmmaking. I would rather be forced, A Clockwork Orange style, to watch the Twilight movies over and over, than ever see this movie again. I'll just find the first two, thanks. And try to pretend that this abomination never happened.

Last edited by DigiFluid; 06 May 2010, 11:15 PM.

Comment

Okay having now finished X-Men: The Last Stand for the first time (I know, I'm 4 years late to the party), I feel compelled to make a whole new post about it. It was so ridiculously bad that I'm having difficulty putting into words just how ludicrous it was, but here goes:

Holy crap, what the f*** were they thinking when they made this cluster**** piece of **** movie? This is some serious major ridiculous Grade A Retardedness. The morons who wrote this should have their fingers cut off so they can never ruin another movie again (and one of them has been tapped to write the Avengers move? ), Brett Ratner should be slapped in the head repeatedly for a period of no less than 20 years directing this piece of crap, and all the actors should be banned from acting for about 10 years to punish them from participating in this trash heap.

• Where did Nightcrawler go? Aside from a brief cameo in the church....I think
                        • The 'new' Phoenix as alternate personality explanation, WTF
                        • Mystique gets no more than a glorified cameo, and then used for a lame sexist joke?
                        • Vinnie Jones completely wrong for Juggernaut, and "I'm the Juggernaut, b*tch!" is almost as bad as the "you know what happens when a toad is struck by lightning?" line in the first movie
                        • Cyclops dies off-screen?!?!?!
                        • Why is the Professor suddenly such a jerk in this movie?
                        • Magneto's Brotherhood mutants all seem like whiny prep kids
                        • They just dissolve/explode Xavier halfway through the movie?!??!?!
                        • Oh joy, a Rogue is jealous sub-plot. After being the most important thing in the first one she's pretty much nowhere to be seen in this one aside from whining about Iceman and disappearing to get a cure. Also: cured Rogue wtf
                        • Why the hell does Pyro say he'd have killed Xavier? He didn't hate him in the last movie
                        • Why is the President suddenly a jerk after being accepting in X2?
                        • Cure Magneto?!?!?!?!
                        • Good plots don't make you sympathize with the bad guys! Evil government plot to 'fix' mutants plus the X-Men out there butchering people for revenge (despite ostensibly being to "uphold" Xavier's values ) = I want Magneto to win
                        • So the whole final battle was just a setup to show a shirtless Hugh Jackman, right?
                        • This wasn't X-Men, it was X-Two Hours of Halle Berry and Wolverine

I was thinking about buying the Trilogy Blu-ray set, but not anymore. There is not a snowball's chance in hell that I'd waste even one penny on rewarding the people involved in this atrocity of filmmaking. I would rather be forced, A Clockwork Orange style, to watch the Twilight movies over and over, than ever see this movie again. I'll just find the first two, thanks. And try to pretend that this abomination never happened.

I told you to stop....I hope someday there is an X-Men 4 that will fix the mistakes of the third and erase anything that happened in it. I'm not one to complain when a film doesn't follow the comic book material, but when the comic book material is slaughtered.....no....just no.

Comment

Just saw The lost world , that movie is awesome
                          sigpic
                          May the odds be ever in your Favor ! oh and please say hello to me on Skype and Facebook

Comment

Oh man, this movie is just amazing IMO.

Comment

Farscape: The Peacekeeper Wars ( part 1 ) in TV. I will watch part 2 in next Sunday.
                              sigpic

Comment

I told you to stop....I hope someday there is an X-Men 4 that will fix the mistakes of the third and erase anything that happened in it.
                                Oh man, how ideal would that be? Especially if they just made another movie that completely ignored X3

I'm not one to complain when a film doesn't follow the comic book material, but when the comic book material is slaughtered.....no....just no.
                                I am the type to complain, and oh GOD!

Comment

Working...
                                X