No announcement yet.

What Scifi Movie did you watch today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

David Lynch's Dune - Alternate Edition Redux by Spicediver. Although an unofficial fan edit, this one felt very Lynchian.
    sigpic

Comment

Alien: Ressurection

Comment

Fantastic 4
        Fantastic 4 - Rise of the Silver Surfer

Comment

Silent Running (1972)

Nice simple film. I love the drones. Kind of like forerunners of R2-D2.
          sigpic
          "Dragons can't change who they are, but who would want them to? Dragons are powerful, amazing creatures."--Hiccup; Dragons: Riders of Berk

My Books:
          Draconia: Forging Trust, Draconia: Fractured Dream, Draconia: Rehatching

Comment

I love Interstellar........ Have watched it twice and 2nd time you get more questions then the previous time. It's a good movie. It's not perfect but it's good. 7/10

I could not help myself I made this

Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

DVD: The Cabin in the Woods

Comment

Originally posted by Quizziard View Post
                DVD: The Cabin in the Woods
                That was actually better then I had thought it would be.

Comment

Thor: Dark World

Elysium
                  Total syffy posts: 36,690
                  (Chosen One)

Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God.
                  Matthew 5:9

Comment

Jupiter Ascending
                    Chappie

Comment

Oooh what's Jupiter Ascending like? I'm keen to see that.

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
                        Oooh what's Jupiter Ascending like? I'm keen to see that.
                        I think Shakespeare said it best. "A tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing."

To put it another way, I waited until it was at the discount theater, whose normal ticket price is $2, but it's only .50 on Tuesdays. It wasn't worth that much.

Comment

Originally posted by ecgordon View Post
                          I think Shakespeare said it best. "A tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing."

To put it another way, I waited until it was at the discount theater, whose normal ticket price is $2, but it's only .50 on Tuesdays. It wasn't worth that much.
                          Eek!!!!!!!!

That means the DVD will be in the bargain bin soon.

Comment

I may have exaggerated a bit. It's got great special effects, although it does suffer from that as well, since the story is so cliched and predictable I grew bored and didn't care what the outcome of any of the battle scenes would be. If it had actually been good I would bet it would be emulated in future cosplay, but it's more likely to be forgotten before the next con.

Comment

Conquest of the Planet of the Apes (1972)

The Apes uprising was the very well done, I thought. The dialogue and some of the acting could have used a little work, especially the governor's, though the actors portraying the apes did a great job of conveying emotion through their makeup without any dialogue. My biggest complaint is with continuity. While I can totally see Cornelius and Zira's offspring leading an uprising, I was given to understand in the previous movie that the events leading to the uprising weren't due to take place for a couple centuries yet.

Now You See Him, Now You Don't (1972)

Starring a young Kurt Russell. Great effects!
                              sigpic
                              "Dragons can't change who they are, but who would want them to? Dragons are powerful, amazing creatures."--Hiccup; Dragons: Riders of Berk

My Books:
                              Draconia: Forging Trust, Draconia: Fractured Dream, Draconia: Rehatching

Comment

Speaking of planet of the apes........

http://www.iflscience.com/plants-and...ol-use-hunting

Comment

Working...
                                X