• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD: Guardians of the Galaxy

Comment

Journey to the Far Side of the Sun

aka Doppelganger

Gerry Anderson's first production using live actors, but I spotted a few things that were influenced by his supermarionation series. The ship's service module looked like Fireball Jr. The landing craft looked like Thunderbird 2. And, the design of the NASA aircraft near the beginning... I think I saw something like it in Thunderbirds or Stingray.

Overall, I enjoyed the movie as much as I enjoyed the supermarionation shows I watched this past year. Even if the ending was rather depressing.
      sigpic
      "Dragons can't change who they are, but who would want them to? Dragons are powerful, amazing creatures."--Hiccup; Dragons: Riders of Berk

My Books:
      Draconia: Forging Trust, Draconia: Fractured Dream, Draconia: Rehatching

Comment

12 MONKEYS.
        Now that the tv series is coming i rewatced this brillant movie. I can't see how the series could be half as good as the movie.

Comment

Timeline
          Thor - The Dark World

Comment

DVD: Debug (by David Hewlett)

Comment

HBO; divergent, it wasn't bad , it is sort of like that hunger games, but diffirent, here is a brief synopsis of the movie, and a fun little thing that will tell you which cast you belong.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1840309/

http://divergentthemovie.com/aptitudetest

Comment

Originally posted by McClance View Post
                Journey to the Far Side of the Sun

aka Doppelganger

Gerry Anderson's first production using live actors, but I spotted a few things that were influenced by his supermarionation series. The ship's service module looked like Fireball Jr. The landing craft looked like Thunderbird 2. And, the design of the NASA aircraft near the beginning... I think I saw something like it in Thunderbirds or Stingray.

Overall, I enjoyed the movie as much as I enjoyed the supermarionation shows I watched this past year. Even if the ending was rather depressing.
                *****************************************************************

I remember a little about that movie, I saw it a LOOOONG time ago I don't remember too much about it but I do remember that one of the people on the launch pad asked the guy, why he had the ships name reversed.

it was a real mind bender at the time, I was a kid at the time watching it on sunday morning tv, or Saturday after noonany way, it was ok.

P.S. I loved the show Dragons: Riders of Berk, do you know if they are going to come out with any more shows, or was that just a one season show?

Comment

The Librarian Quest for the Spear.

(I'm liking the new show and never saw the movies...)

Comment

Originally posted by epg20 View Post
                    P.S. I loved the show Dragons: Riders of Berk, do you know if they are going to come out with any more shows, or was that just a one season show?
                    There are currently two seasons out on DVD. The second is called Dragons: Defenders of Berk. A third, titled Dragons: Masters of Berk, is being released via Netflix in a few months, and there is a fourth planned.
                    sigpic
                    "Dragons can't change who they are, but who would want them to? Dragons are powerful, amazing creatures."--Hiccup; Dragons: Riders of Berk

My Books:
                    Draconia: Forging Trust, Draconia: Fractured Dream, Draconia: Rehatching

Comment

The Hobbit- Desolation of Smaug
                      sigpic
                      Save a Man-of-War, ride a Commodore.

Comment

Not sci-fi but fantasy. My Neighbor Totoro.

Comment

The Matrix

Comment

Guardians Of The Galaxy

I still want a little Groot!
                            sigpic

Comment

The Hobbit- Desolation of Smaug
                              I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Originally posted by McClance View Post
                                There are currently two seasons out on DVD. The second is called Dragons: Defenders of Berk. A third, titled Dragons: Masters of Berk, is being released via Netflix in a few months, and there is a fourth planned.
                                cool, thanks, I had no idea there were so many.

Comment

Working...
                                X