What Scifi Movie did you watch today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thrill seekers great movie!
    "...but I think if I were to describe myself in pure feminist forms, I would say I want equality. We want respect not because we're women, but simply because we're human beings..." AT 'Live peace. Speak kindness. Dwell in possibility.'

Comment

watched Stardust
      sigpic
      May the odds be ever in your Favor ! oh and please say hello to me on Skype and Facebook

Comment

.... now watching The Lost Room
        sigpic
        May the odds be ever in your Favor ! oh and please say hello to me on Skype and Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by MIZA View Post
          .... now watching The Lost Room
          Great mini movie, I'm watching it also. Seen it a few times, but I always try and catch it when it comes on.

Watched part 1 yesterday. Part 2 is today, and 3 tomorrow I believe.

Comment

It makes me very happy to see this thread of mine chugging along even though I have been (regretfully) absent much of the summer on a hellish work schedule.

I did see lots of movies in that period of time. But the one I want to mention of special note was:

The live action trailer for the release of Halo ODST. Here is the link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KXUEJ...e=channel_page

God, all these fabulous live action shorts at the Halo releases are killing me. They are always so well done, teasing us ever so about the possibility of a Halo movie (which if it is done anywhere near as well as the live action shorts would be superb quality).

On a side note, one of the scifi movies I enjoyed this summer was a classic - Remo Williams the Adventure Begins, and old favourite of mine, starring Fred Ward and Joel Gray. Very campy, but something I never picked up on before was that it co-starred Kate Mulgrew in a fairly early role in her career. I don't think I have seen the movie since probably early 90's so it came as a big surprise to me to see her in the movie.
            ---------------------
            sigpic
            Another theory on the expansion of the universe collapses!

Comment

Tuesday, I bought Battle For Terra, so I watched that yesterday. Every bit as good as when I saw it in the theater! I think that's my #1 favorite animated movie now.

And, right now, I'm going to watch "Daggers", Season 2 premiere of SeaQuest: DSV.
              sigpic
              "Dragons can't change who they are, but who would want them to? Dragons are powerful, amazing creatures."--Hiccup; Dragons: Riders of Berk

My Books:
              Draconia: Forging Trust, Draconia: Fractured Dream, Draconia: Rehatching

Comment

Just watched a little scifi (horror mystery) movie called CARGO in cinema. It's Swiss/German coproduction with a budget of only 5 million $, but it looks like a big Hollywood production. The story has a intelligent twist (that I won't spoil) and the VFX are impressive! Really like this movie.
                Here you can find out more about the movie http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0381940/ and http://www.cargoderfilm.ch/
                sigpic
                My short movie "Red Bag" / The Scifi Guys Podcast / My Twitter account

Comment

Andron, thanks for the headsup on Cargo. Looks like a great little production - I watched the trailer - the special effects and sets look superb. However, I will have to wait for the english subtitles version!
                  ---------------------
                  sigpic
                  Another theory on the expansion of the universe collapses!

Comment

Originally posted by Espeon1962 View Post
                    Andron, thanks for the headsup on Cargo. Looks like a great little production - I watched the trailer - the special effects and sets look superb. However, I will have to wait for the english subtitles version!
                    I really hope for everyone who doesn't understand german that there will be a subtitled version.
                    Thanks for the green
                    Last edited by Andron; 25 September 2009, 12:55 AM.
                    sigpic
                    My short movie "Red Bag" / The Scifi Guys Podcast / My Twitter account

Comment

The Matrix
                      People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint... it happens to kinda look like the name 'Jeremy Bearimy' in cursive English.

Comment

Watched "Sunshine"
                        You have wasted several seconds of your life reading this.

Comment

not sure if this movie can be considered sci-fi but I watched Spaceballs
                          sigpic
                          Thanks to Dunc for my pretty aurora and Muse sig. He had no part in the Twilight one

Comment

I watched Sunshine and Event Horizon today... such GOOOOOOD movies. I'm going to go see Pandorum no matter how terrible it probably is!
                            Dimmed light illuminates wearily a thousand skyscrapers of concrete, glass, shattered imaginations and severed dreams. Urban structures of brick and steel extend tendrils of decay and neglect into an aging embrace of irreverence, moving forward into synthetic joy.

Comment

Originally posted by Confessor Rahl View Post
                              I watched Sunshine and Event Horizon today... such GOOOOOOD movies. I'm going to go see Pandorum no matter how terrible it probably is!

Sunshine is pretty good kind of crazy though, maybe that is why the NASA gets such a bad rapp LOL

just finished part II of The Lost Room very good , but also confusing they never what actually caused all that ??
                              sigpic

Comment

Wolverine (yesterday)
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X