• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Final Destination 5

(was surprised - it wasn't half bad)

Comment

Originally posted by Leleth View Post
      Is Sucker Punch scifi? The movie made absolutely no sense so I'll just call it scifi from here on. I wanted to love Sucker Punch I really did. I saw the screencaps, the trailers and it looked amazing. After the first two "dream sequences" or whatever you wanna call them, the movie went downhill. I liked the casting, the girls fit the roles very well, but I felt the silly action scenes were made to just cover up the dumb script.
      To me, it seemed like an over the top eye candy for horny teenage boys when I first saw the trailer for it way back then.

Rise of the Planet of the Apes a bit, was pretty damn good because they put some pseudo-passable science in there but the best part was the character draw, the empathy they evoked from the audience for Caesar.

Comment

Rise of the Planet of the Apes
        Last Movie Watched
        X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
        Life is Strange

Comment

I just finished watching Space Battleship Yamato
          "I come like Water, and like Wind I go"

Comment

I rewatched HellBoy last night, but I was somewhat distracted with a headache, so didn't enjoy it nearly as much as I had hoped to.
            ...awaiting inspiration...and time/energy/know-how!

SanctuaryWorld - Enter the New Reality
            ames on facebook
            ames on LJ (codename "bluejelloqueen", of course! )

Comment

Fright Night (2011)

David Tennant swore like a trooper
              Last edited by mr_kennedy; 28 August 2011, 04:40 AM.
              Last Movie Watched
              X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
              Life is Strange

Comment

Watching Ratatouille on BD right now, first time I've ever seen it. I know it's not really scifi, but I figure talking rats errs into fantasy territory
                "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                  Watching Ratatouille on BD right now, first time I've ever seen it. I know it's not really scifi, but I figure talking rats errs into fantasy territory
                  Talking rats with cooking talent. Cute movie though.
                  sigpic
                  Save a Man-of-War, ride a Commodore.

Comment

Just finished Sunshine. I really like it. I got Moon aswell, haven't seen it yet but i'll leave it till tomorrow night. Need to go see Cowboys and Aliens while its still in cinemas too
                    sigpic
                    What a show !

Comment

Back to the Future, Part II
                      sigpic
                      "Dragons can't change who they are, but who would want them to? Dragons are powerful, amazing creatures."--Hiccup; Dragons: Riders of Berk

My Books:
                      Draconia: Forging Trust, Draconia: Fractured Dream, Draconia: Rehatching

Comment

Again not quite sci-fi, but talking bugs....watching A Bug's Life on BD
                        "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by maneth View Post
                          Does Cars 2 qualify for a sci-fi movie?
                          wayyy late for a reply, talking cars, transforming cars ...i think so.

Yesterday I watched A Clockwork Orange. Interesting movie. I like the book better.

does anyone know why Syfy was playing "Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves" on its channel? I saw they listed WWF after the movie too. weird....
                          "The center of every man's existence is a dream." - G.K. Chesterton

Comment

Cowboys & Aliens
                            sigpic

Comment

Back to the Future, Part III
                              sigpic
                              "Dragons can't change who they are, but who would want them to? Dragons are powerful, amazing creatures."--Hiccup; Dragons: Riders of Berk

My Books:
                              Draconia: Forging Trust, Draconia: Fractured Dream, Draconia: Rehatching

Comment

Spy Kids

Spy Kids 2: Island of Lost Dreams
                                Last edited by mr_kennedy; 02 September 2011, 04:13 AM.
                                Last Movie Watched
                                X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
                                Life is Strange

Comment

Working...
                                X