What Scifi Movie did you watch today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Matrix.

First viewing for my son. Then afterwards I noticed it has an "R" rating and that I just let my 11 year old son watch an R rating movie! But then he also just watched the Lord of the Rings Trilogy and that has a 14A (Canadian) rating on it and I find that more violent!

We've been sci-fi ing this week. Also saw The Invasion with Nicole Kidman and Skyline. My son's dreams should be interesting!
    Orphan Black: Join the Clone Club Dance Party!

Comment

Originally posted by loserinc View Post
      Today, I watched Soylent Green. I'm on an old sci-fi kick this week.
      it's PEOPLE!
      That was a fave of mine when I was little! I remember being so shocked at the ending.
      Orphan Black: Join the Clone Club Dance Party!

Comment

On the subject of Soylent Green.. did anyone else enjoy the 'special effects' where they speed up the film of Charlton doing things like climbing ladders as much as me?
        "There is only one universe. It can only contain one life. It is me." - MorningLightMountain

Comment

lol, yes, the old school version of special effects Always the speed up or slow down of the camera. Of course, for awhile, there was that...film everything at odd angles (Batman, Star Trek OS)
          sigpic

Comment

Ah the good old "odd angles" trick to make everything different / other worldly! Sometimes it worked quite well.. sometimes not so well - perhaps the worst example being "Battlefield Earth". I know there were a lot of things wrong with that film but the camera angles were just awful
            "There is only one universe. It can only contain one life. It is me." - MorningLightMountain

Comment

Watched all three movies of starship troopers I really liked them they. Are not as bad as people say
              sigpic
              May the odds be ever in your Favor ! oh and please say hello to me on Skype and Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by Raw_Deal View Post
                Watching the 1994 Stargate film which is on TV right now.
                It's here on TV this evening and guess what I'll be watching
                sigpic

Comment

Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

Movie is good but the book (which I just finished reading) is so much better.
                  IMO always implied.

Comment

Originally posted by Angela V View Post
                    The Matrix.

First viewing for my son. Then afterwards I noticed it has an "R" rating and that I just let my 11 year old son watch an R rating movie! But then he also just watched the Lord of the Rings Trilogy and that has a 14A (Canadian) rating on it and I find that more violent!

We've been sci-fi ing this week. Also saw The Invasion with Nicole Kidman and Skyline. My son's dreams should be interesting!
                    Oh that is cool the matrix movies aren't so bad, you shouldn't watch very violent syfy ? Such as ps forum or virus oh and the alien films those scene even freak out adult
                    sigpic
                    May the odds be ever in your Favor ! oh and please say hello to me on Skype and Facebook

Comment

Monsters vs Aliens
                      sigpic
                      The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

edit: wrong thread
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by blueray View Post
                          edit: wrong thread
                          If it was a movie it probaly was a show and if it was a show it probaly was movie
                          sigpic

Comment

This is more a fantasy movie, but

Sherlock Holmes (2009)
                            Last Movie Watched
                            X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
                            Life is Strange

Comment

Originally posted by MIZA View Post
                              If it was a movie it probaly was a show and if it was a show it probaly was movie
                              farscape, though a show, it easily could have been a movie
                              sigpic

Comment

Moon, love that film.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X