Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More rating news

“V” (8:00-9:00 p.m.)

ABC freshman “V” earned second place in the 8 o’clock hour to CBS’ top-performer “NCIS” in Total Viewers (10.6 million) and Adults 18-49 (3.7/10), beating NBC and Fox time-slot regulars by strong margins. From 8:00-9:00 p.m., ABC’s newcomer “V” outdelivered NBC’s “Biggest Loser” by 1.6 million viewers and by 12% in Adults 18-49 (9.0 million and 3.3/9) and “Fox’s So You Think You Can Dance” by 4.5 million viewers and by 61% in Adults 18-49 (6.1 million and 2.3/6).

The ABC drama won the hour in Men 18-34 (3.0/10) and Men 18-49 (4.1/12), ranking as Tuesday’s No. 1 TV show for the 2nd week in a row in both key Men demos.
    Versus the year-ago November Sweep night, “V” improved the hour year-to-year for ABC by an enormous 76% in Adults 18-49 (2.1/5 on 11/11/08).
    http://tvbythenumbers.com/2009/11/11...-and-fox/33369
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Amalthea View Post
      I think it's going to be hard for Tyler to

Spoiler:
      become an ambassador again after punching that guy out. It's difficult to maintain that "We're of peace, always" mantra when you're knocking protesters out. Because of that I wonder how

Spoiler:
      the V girl forgives him? Unless they let him back in just to get to Erica and she accepts their forgiveness of him.
      it's going to be interesting I am sure-
      Spoiler:
      they will make him earn his way back in... just to make sure he is really and truly hooked... the first interspecies baby will wither be his and lisa's or ryan and his gf's....

Comment

Originally posted by Amalthea View Post
        I think it's going to be hard for Tyler to

Spoiler:
        become an ambassador again after punching that guy out. It's difficult to maintain that "We're of peace, always" mantra when you're knocking protesters out. Because of that I wonder how

Spoiler:
        the V girl forgives him? Unless they let him back in just to get to Erica and she accepts their forgiveness of him.
        IDK...didn't you see...
        Spoiler:
        Tyler and Lisa kissing in the preview for next week's episode?
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
          IDK...didn't you see...
          Spoiler:
          Tyler and Lisa kissing in the preview for next week's episode?
          yep i did...
          Spoiler:
          but you know she is going to make him work for that kiss..

Comment

Kissing a lizard seems creepy
            Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
              Kissing a lizard seems creepy
              Good thing they keep their human on...

Comment

I liked the episode in general. They could definitely benefit from getting rid of the kids and even the preacher-man. I'd be willing to bet anything that's the biggest reason for the ratings drop (the kids especially)

They should focus more on Elizabeth Mitchell's and Morris Chestnut's characters. That's where all the highlights of the show are coming from. The stuff with the Queen 'V' could be better too if they expanded on it a little more instead of just showing the party of five guy open a panel then cut away and all of a sudden the next time we see him and Anna the discussion panel we never got to see somehow convinced the public they should trust the Vs... "Do what? How's that, again?"
                || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

Originally posted by SBN View Post
                  Add 10 million? You really think down the stretch this show will continue getting 13 million?
                  Yes, add 10 million. Because you incorrectly quoted 3-4 million above and it was no where near that.

And neither was the second episode. I believe it got over 10 yet again. Pretty darn good for a sci-fi show on a major network.

I'm not going to try and predict what kinds of ratings it will get in the next few weeks. Shows will dip as the holidays approach and I assume the same can be said for V - and SGU.

Anyone have the live +7 for the premier?

And then what? Long hiatus, no definitive return or season 2. Even if this returns next year, the odds are in favor of this show having a continual short leash, ending in almost certain rug pulled out from under scenario. That is just simply life on broadcast TV. Can anyone honestly try to argue that this show is that good it will be the one show to survive, when so many others much better have failed?

You're welcome to your opinion as others are welcome to theirs.

I'd prefer to think positive. Others - clearly prefer not to.
                  sigpic
                  Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

Originally posted by leiasky View Post
                    Yes, add 10 million. Because you incorrectly quoted 3-4 million above and it was no where near that.

And neither was the second episode. I believe it got over 10 yet again. Pretty darn good for a sci-fi show on a major network.
                    10,700,000. With such a high premiere numbers a huge drop was expected

Anyone have the live +7 for the premier?
                    Those won't be out for another week at least
                    Jelgate is right

Comment

I thought this episode was better than the first one, especially with the pace. I enjoyed it.

I mean yeah the show is a remake, and I remember watching the original so long ago so I'm not on the edge of my seat, but I still find it interesting enough to entertain, and I plan on sticking around.
                      IMO always implied.

Comment

Originally posted by LoneStar1836 View Post
                        I thought this episode was better than the first one, especially with the pace. I enjoyed it.

I mean yeah the show is a remake, and I remember watching the original so long ago so I'm not on the edge of my seat, but I still find it interesting enough to entertain, and I plan on sticking around.
                        I enjoyed the pacing of this episode as well. When I was watching the first episode I felt like a kid with ADHD in a diamond shop. Seemed like every time I blinked my eyes...something else would grab my attention.

I hope V sticks around for a while!
                        sigpic

Comment

And now these are the final V numbers

V (61 minutes)
                          - 10.699 million viewers
                          - 6.7/10 HH
                          - 3.8/10 A18-49
                          Jelgate is right

Comment

(episode 2)

about the skin repair effect! it was interesting.
                            Did you understand if the skin of his arm got this fast tissue repair because of a substance the other guy gave him? I had a moment of innattention..

Comment

Originally posted by Rac80 View Post
                              next week's ep looks great!
                              Spoiler:

they bring back her partner played by alan tydek... now is he the same "V" or simply one with the same face? makes ya wonder eh?
                              Well it looked like
                              Spoiler:
                              his face was still scarred when he was lying on the table. As if they were healing him, similar to how the traitor guy was healed. I'm assuming he just wasn't completely dead after his fight with Erica, and they fixed him up.

Should be interesting to see what he does next.

Comment

'V' premiere was #5 for the whole week, only behind football and the World Series.

live plus Same Day DVR was 14.3 million
                                http://tvbythenumbers.com/2009/11/10...270#more-33270
                                sigpic

To see the complete animated picture timeline of the comet landing - http://xkcd1446.org/#7

From the wonderful XKCD site http://xkcd.com/1446/

Comment

Working...
                                X