This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jenks View Post
    I hope it never comes back, along with any and all superhero remakes.
    I almost feel the same and cared little for Singer's remake

Comment

it wasn't a remake! if anything it was just an alternative Superman III
      Spoiler:
      Disclaimer:
      I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
      Quotes!
      - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
      - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
      - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
      sigpic

Comment

A remake of Superman III then.

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
          A remake of Superman III then.
          but with a completely different plot....

it wasn't a remake, it just disregarded the events of superman 3 and 4, and continued from the end of 2
          Spoiler:
          Disclaimer:
          I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
          Quotes!
          - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
          - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
          - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
          sigpic

Comment

I've never nor shall I ever watch Superman 3. The first one I watched as a kid was 4, then I went back as a teenager and saw 1 and 2. Brilliant movies, but I want a Superman movie more like 2 than Returns. 2 mixed intense action with intensely personal moments for Supes and Lois beautifully, and I'd love for the next movie to be less total Super-angst and more a mix of action and drama.
            I hope the movies are put on hold until a good concept can be found... or realize the only Superman story of relevance yet to be told on the silver screen is the Death of Superman.
            sigpic
            More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Originally posted by nx01a View Post
              I've never nor shall I ever watch Superman 3. The first one I watched as a kid was 4, then I went back as a teenager and saw 1 and 2. Brilliant movies, but I want a Superman movie more like 2 than Returns. 2 mixed intense action with intensely personal moments for Supes and Lois beautifully, and I'd love for the next movie to be less total Super-angst and more a mix of action and drama.
              I hope the movies are put on hold until a good concept can be found... or realize the only Superman story of relevance yet to be told on the silver screen is the Death of Superman.
              There are a lot more stories than that that could be told.

The Richard Donner cut is the best version of Superman II
              || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

For today's market, I doubt the story of the shrinking of Kandor would cut it in anything other than a Disney-esque Narnia movie.
                sigpic
                More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Originally posted by nx01a View Post
                  For today's market, I doubt the story of the shrinking of Kandor would cut it in anything other than a Disney-esque Narnia movie.
                  If Smallville can make 8 seasons (so far) of Superman stories, the movies should be fine.
                  || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

Smallville. No comment.
                    sigpic
                    More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Working...
                    X