Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Defying Gravity - News/Articles/Discussion (Spoilers)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
    is it a brit show? if so, they call 'seasons' 'series'

as in robin hood series 1, series 2, series 3 where we in the states would say 'season one, season two, season 3'
    It's a combination of countries. This is from Wiki
    The show is being co-produced by the BBC, Fox Television Studios, and Omni Film Productions in association with Canadian broadcasters CTV Television Network, SPACE, and German broadcaster ProSieben.[10]

Same thing happened to The Listener which is also a combination of countries. CTV in Canada still kept airing it while the American Station dropped it before showing the rest. The rest of the episodes were available on the American Station to watch which doesn't help people who don't watch on-line. And my understanding concerning the Listener is that the show doesn't have to rely on the American audience. It did well overseas and seems to be doing well in Canada. So best hope is Defying Gravity is like the same set up and gets renewed. Americans may just have to wait until the DVD season sets come out.
    Orphan Black: Join the Clone Club Dance Party!

Comment

Doesn't matter if they say season or series, it's still the last ep they're ever going to air. I know when Surface was ending all the promos called it a "season" finale and some fans were duped into thinking the show still had a chance of survival, but no. It doesn't work that way.

I'm not sure what their logic is (if there's any at all) in saying "season" rather than "series" but in this case at least it could have something to do with the five unaired eps. Maybe they call it a season finale because there's still eps left (even if they'll never air). Or maybe they just think it makes them sound nicer if they sugar-coat the situation and make it seem less bad than it is. *shrug*

I'm just hoping they'll show up on Hulu so that fans have a legal way to catch up to the REAL season/series finale.

Comment

Got a little "twit-spoiler" from Patrick Gilmore (SGU's Dale Volker)
        Not sure when it's airing, but I'm in the 1st 5 mins of the very next Defying Gravity episode. #9, called 'Eve Ate the Apple.' Check it out.
        sigpic
        My short movie "Red Bag" / The Scifi Guys Podcast / My Twitter account

Comment

It figures. The show finally starts to get more interesting and they pull the plug.

Spoiler:
          Beta finally introduces itself to the Antares' crew, who are all becoming less annoying, thank goodness. Now I really want to know what their 'true mission' is and just who is this company that's funding it.

And the networks wonder why the various fanbases act paranoid. *sigh*

Comment

It gets better. Now ABC is saying they haven't canceled the show. They just have no plans to air the last five eps. But it isn't canceled...

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
              It gets better. Now ABC is saying they haven't canceled the show. They just have no plans to air the last five eps. But it isn't canceled...
              *snorts*

Gee, what are we gonna have to do, send ABC truckloads of tomatoes like the Jericho fans sent peanuts?
              (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
              Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

ABC sucks!!! That is all I have to say about their stupid decision.
                sigpic
                MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                "...phu...ah..."
                "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                  *snorts*

Gee, what are we gonna have to do, send ABC truckloads of tomatoes like the Jericho fans sent peanuts?
                  H2IK!
                  Hatshepsut, Queen Pharaoh

Comment

Here is the article about Defying Gravity not being cancelled!!!

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/news.aspx?id=8293
                    MY CONVENTIONS:

CON*CEPT MONTREAL 2006
                    MARCON COLUMBUS 2007
                    POLARIS TORONTO 2007
                    CREATION STARGATE VANCOUVER 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 & 2012
                    GATECON VANCOUVER 2008 & 2010
                    VCON VANCOUVER 2010
                    FAN EXPO VANCOUVER 2012 & 2013

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
                      Of course they don't want to say it's canceled. That would upset the viewers. So, it's on hiatus.....like Firefly. Ya sure, you betcha.

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                      Tomatoes would be good. Somebody on the ABC discussion board suggested baseballs covered in red dust. I like the show well enough, but I don't think we can change ABC's mind at this point.

Comment

Ah! You beat me here with the article.

I still want more. I want ABC to air the remaining episodes ASAP and not on their website.

2.5 million viewers!

Comment

basically it's in limbo

they don't want to cancel it, because they might need it, but they don't want to renew it because something else might pull better ratings

so it's in that 'eh, not great but not horrible' place and its survival is likely based on whether or not they need a show to fill an hour later on in the year
                          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I think it's really pretty funny. There's little doubt that ABC is responsible for the original statement about the cancellation. I mean all the different outlets didn't just pull that statement out of their ears. But then, something odd happened, I think they realized that despite ratings, they might actually have something in this little show. So then comes the statement which basically puts all options back on the table.

It will be interesting to see how this plays out. In looking at their schedule, they can't tell me they don't have a spot to air it in. Would be nice to have a crystal ball about now....

Comment

ABC can't "cancel" the show because they never produced it - technically.
                              I don't know why the networks do this kind of thing over and over, you'd think they'd see it was sci-fi, think oh that didn't work last time, and let someone who would give it the proper coverage take it on.

...or, they plan to save the last five episodes and use them as lead in for "V" hoping to boost the "V" numbers from over-run.

Comment

"Defying Gravity" still Alive on ABC: http://www.aceshowbiz.com/news/view/00027216.html

Comment

Working...
                                X