Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They always waste the holidays on marathons and whatnot. Personally I'd have preferred some schlocky horror movies 'cos I tried to watch the Branagh version of Frankenstein and it was awful. AWFUL! I fast-forwarded through half of it and finally gave up. I had nothing good to entertain me this Halloween night. Hmph.

I'd suggest the need for a horror-based TV show but we'd probably wind up with Saw: The Series or something awful like that.

And I still think prime time suffers from a severe lack of werewolves...

Comment

1)Chuck (what a load of re-hashed BS). My guess is there must be a younger crowd that sees this new and fresh, where some of older viewers have seen most of the older (similar) shows in their hayday.

Liked the first season, hasn't seen the 2nd (Damn UK) but will give it ago

2)Eleventh Hour. The original was also boring and stale.

The Original with Patrick Stewart was good

3)Life On Mars (The original was good) It is just the re-hashed of other shows with a similar twist.

Don't Watch

4)Santcuary (I am trying to watch it, but just can't seem to really, really like it). I also agree the British Accent is a mistake. Bleh! As others have said. Besides, Torchwood and X-files already did these.

The accent is terrible, other than that good show.

5)Knight Rider (just sucks) The orignal was good,.... way way back when... (When I was a young teenager).
      6)Ghost Hunters. (like someone else said, somewhere, plumbers with buttcracks who see ghosts). Just a load of BS.

Dont watch either

Star Wars: Clone Wars, now that was/is rubbish
      People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint... it happens to kinda look like the name 'Jeremy Bearimy' in cursive English.

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
        I can't even believe they remade life on mars. that has to be the most blatent attempt of some american producer rubbing his hands and wanting to cash in on british success that I've ever seen. Completely idiotic since they would never be able to recreate how good the original was from the off.
        I don't think 'foreign' programmes ever do terribly well on US TV though, and even those that do make it over there never make it very big, only ever as a niche sort of show. This way the show gets seen by people who otherwise wouldn't.

Besides, a lot of the success of LoM was down to how people in the UK remembered silly little bits of '70s life with such wistfulness: "Oooh! The test card!"... "Remember when football scarves were all hand knitted and stripy and there were rattles?"... "Is that actually Brian Cant doing the voices?"... No yank could possibly 'get' that, which means that any american who watched the original LoM would be missing a massive element of the show.

If there's any UK programme that *should* be remade for other countries, it's LoM, because it got such a big filip from that cosy (and sometimes embarassing and occasionally disturbing) nostalgia for our own past. Spain is making its own version, I believe. Probably other countries too.

Not that the original isn't awesome, just that in restricting non-UKers to the original, you'd deprive them of a lot of the spirit of the programme.

Madeleine

Comment

eleventh hour is catching on fo rme a bit more, but it really has no spark. it's like the mentalist. 11th solves stuff by science, mentalist by observation and messing with peoples' heads

how much you like hte show will probably depend on how much you like the main actor
          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I love Chuck. It´s one shows that is getting better and better with every episode and season. You just need to get over the beginning and wait for the story-arc.

Sanctuary is a nice filler during weekends. It has potential to be better.

US version of Life on Mars is a pure evil and should have never come to existence. Original is one of the best TV shows. And I am not from UK, I just think that those writers and producers are paid enough to come with original ideas, not to remake others - and, make a remake of the show that ran last year is really...I don´t know, wrong.

Knight Rider - I loved the naive original, I grew up at that show. I have never seen the new one so I can´t judge it. I only heard that there was a Prague castle in a background in a pilot episode

"No dictator, no invader, can hold an imprisoned population by the force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power governments, and tyrants, and armies can not stand." - G´Kar, Babylon 5

Comment

Chuck - love the show, but not as much as Terminator

Sanctuary - its not a holy crap its awesome kind of show like Heroes and SGA, but its not horribly bad. I like it. And I passed by the filming studio so many frakkin' times without realizing >.<

Comment

Working...
              X