No announcement yet.

Space 1999

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I loved Space 1999 back in the day. I vaguely remember the episode with Pax. Time to buy the DVD's!

sigpic
    s u g a r s h a k e r

Comment

I think I remember this show. Did it have a girl in it who could change into different animals?
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
        I think I remember this show. Did it have a girl in it who could change into different animals?
        Yes. Her name was Maya played by Catherine Schell. She could also change into other people.

My favourite episode in Space 1999 is 'War Games'
        "What do you mean by 'Oopps'?"
        Team Starfist protects all. But having a fully loaded P-90 helps...
        Reality is an illusion... Created by those who cannot handle Stargate...!
        Jankowski's Rules: Rule 1: Check your Six!
        I'm not perfect. But parts of me are excellent I also cook...!
        To thy own self... Be true
        May the odds.... Be ever in your favour..!

Comment

Network on Air are having a 50% off sale until 2nd September.

Along with some other titles they have Space 1999, The Complete Series 1 on Bluray for £12.

http://networkonair.com/shop/1213-sp...-blu-ray-.html

I've had this on my wish list for a while. Now I can afford to just buy it for myself.

BTW If this is anything like Network TV's restoration of The Professionals (Series 1 is also on offer) this is likely to be absolutely stunning.

I found a trailer

Last edited by Blencathra; 20 August 2015, 04:33 AM.

Comment

I allready have it in blu ray and it is stunning!

Comment

*rubs hands in glee* Excellent! I've just ordered it. I'm really looking forward to watching it.

Comment

Let us know how the purchase goes.. delivery time, quality, etc.

Thanks!

Comment

Will do.

What I can tell you at the moment is that P&P for delivery in the UK is free. Don't know for the rest of the world.
                  Last edited by Blencathra; 20 August 2015, 10:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
                    Let us know how the purchase goes.. delivery time, quality, etc.

Thanks!
                    I ordered the BD on Thursday 20th August.
                    P&P were free for delivery within the UK.
                    The order was despatched on the same day.
                    I received it on Saturday 22nd August.

There are 7 discs in the box, together with a little booklet (46 pages). The articles in the booklet are "A Television Series is Born" by Gerry Anderson, "Back to the Future" by Michael Richardson, and "Restoring Space: 1999" by Jonathan Wood.

Here's a pic of the set & booklet

https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5772/...fdc3948b_h.jpg

I watched the first two episodes last night. The quality of the picture is stunning. No grain or artefacts that I could spot. The episodes retain the original 4:3 aspect. I did think that on episode 1 there was a slight hiss on the audio and some scenes had better audio quality than others, but to be honest I barely noticed it. The whole thing looks like it was made yesterday.

The only thing I would have done to improve it would have been to enclose a larger book. The actual booklet is great, but I think I've been spoiled by the proper books enclosed with Network On Air's release of The Sweeney and The Professionals.

Like this - https://farm1.staticflickr.com/603/2...9f770688_h.jpg
                    or this https://farm1.staticflickr.com/596/2...f34b0b1f_h.jpg

But that's just me nitpicking, because I really couldn't find anything bad to say about it!

There is a great review on Amazon here - http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/customer-...SIN=B003XVGD68 which explains what is on each disc.

I think for £12 this is an absolute bargain.
                    Last edited by Blencathra; 25 August 2015, 03:25 AM.

Comment

And look what I've just spotted

Space: 1999: The Complete Series 2 [BLU-RAY] **Pre-buy

http://networkonair.com/shop/2285-sp...626706845.html

http://networkonair.com/features/space1999/

September 13th, 1999...

A nuclear waste dump on the moon unexpectedly detonates, blasting the moon out of orbit and taking the inhabitants of Moonbase Alpha on a fantastic voyage of discovery to the stars, fraught with danger at every turn.

Long awaited on Blu-ray, the second series Gerry Anderson's cult sci-fi series is presented here as a stunning High Definition restoration for the very first time. All 24 episodes, presented here in their original 1.33:1 aspect ratio with optional original mono or new 5.1 soundtracks, are featured alongside a wealth of special features, including:

[] Music-only tracks on all episodes
                      [] Unexposed: Behind the Scenes of Series Two - filming The Mark of Archanon
                      [] Stock Footage Archive: alternate takes and unused shots
                      [] Production Audio: original source recordings for material from four episodes
                      [] Cosmos: 1999: a stop-motion fan film from 1979
                      [] Martin Landau: in-depth interview from 1994
                      [] Archive Interviews with cast and crew
                      [] Seed of Destruction: the series two episode re-edited and re-scored as if it were made for series one
                      [] Outtake: a blooper featured in It'll Be All Right on the Night
                      [] Trailers and promos: contemporary promotional material for the UK and US
                      [] Behind the Scenes - Model Shop: footage taken during The AB Chrysalis - with Brian Johnson commentary
                      [] Clean series two titles
                      [] Image galleries of rare and previously unseen stills
                      [] Script and annual PDFs

PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING NOTES BEFORE YOU PLACE YOUR ORDER

• This is a PRE-BUY for Space: 1999: The Complete Second Series on Blu-ray and is only available while stocks last. It is exclusive to this website and not available elsewhere.
                      • As this is a PRE-BUY PAYMENT WILL BE TAKEN IMMEDIATELY but the item(s) will not be despatched until week commencing 28th September 2015 (at the latest)
                      • The PRE-BUY price for this Blu-ray is £60 (including VAT).
                      • Standard shipping costs apply to all orders. Please see our shipping and returns page for details.
                      • When you complete your PRE-BUY you will be able to review your order in your account's order history.
                      • The Blu-ray is Region B so please ensure that your player is able to play this format before purchasing.
                      • We are expecting heavy site activity when ordering goes live – if you cannot connect to the website then please try again later.
                      • This offer can be withdrawn or changed without notice at any time by Network Distributing Ltd. -

[Price for all this - £60. *Gulp!* Despite the utter magnificence of these releases, I think I'll wait for another sale - Blen]
                      Last edited by Blencathra; 25 August 2015, 02:59 AM.

Comment

Too expensive especially for the second season which,imo, is far inferior compared to the first.

Comment

Damn, that is pricey.
                          Guess I'll wait for Amazon.. heh. if they don't have it already. Haven't looked.

Comment

You can get the full series (seasons 1 and 2) from Amazon on blu ray in the one package for about $US 80, but its 4:3 picture not widescreen and is a German import.

Comment

Originally posted by bearfax View Post
                              You can get the full series (seasons 1 and 2) from Amazon on blu ray in the one package for about $US 80, but its 4:3 picture not widescreen and is a German import.
                              Wasn't it originally shot as 4:3 ?
                              I'm not fond of artificial 16:9. I'd rather see the original format.

Comment

the german release it's not so good. too much compression

Comment

Working...
                                X